Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:36 AM

Author Topic: Avoiding rule  (Read 5828 times)

Offline GreatProfe

Re: Avoiding rule
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Men You are forgetting two essential rules about TUS:

1. If You avoid, You dont get points.

2. If You play against ppl that You have sure to win, ok, You ll get points and You ll improve ur rank. But... the system points tus dont allow advantages in this case. Because the noob gamer ll get a lot of points and when He play against noobs again, He ll get only few points.

Example:

PLAYER A Won NOOB -> 40 - 50 points (depends of the noob's rank)
PLAYER A Won OTHER NOOB -> 30 - 40 points
PLAYER A Won MORE ONE NOOB -> 20 - 30 points
PLAYER A Won ME -> 7 - 20 points (hheuahehueahaea)

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53 PM »
nothing worse than noob bashers and avoiders, death to them both!

Dont see how you can enforce this rule officially though seeing as everyone is free to play who they like when they choose. We can all spot the noob bashers and avoiders though, dont do it if you want a good reputation.
worm and learn

Offline Prankster

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 01:00 PM »
Nice try to repeat me, Prof, but you missed the point at a point. :)
If you are a noob basher and avoid someone, the point is that you don't lose points.  ;)

Long live the points! lol

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 02:24 PM »
but the biggest objetive is not lose points.

The biggest objetive in TUS is get points. For You get points You need to play. For You get a lot lot lot lot lot lot hot lot of points You need to play against the pros like You Prankster.

The secret is that: Play against pros, They ll give You much more points than of noobs.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Not that you are not entitled to you opinion Des but I don't think this thread was really made for you. You've played a grand total of 3 seasons of tus and 4 clan games. Don't see why you feel so strongly that this rule should not be implemented.

Hopefully some people who have been a little more active in leagues throughout the years will give some opinions and suggestions.

Unless you are a noob basher this rule should not have any effect on you.

well, I'm gonna start as soon as i get back from my summer working in Sept cause Challenges are not enough for me any more  :-*

I only played those seasons when I was a noobie as well haha

The fact that we're not so sure about having a strict rule about this doesnt mean we approve of noob bashing though, thats the exact opposite.

Prankster has a point, is there (realistically) a chance for someone to play 2-3 schemes he's good at or only with 30 players he can beat and make it to PO? (I'm asking , I dont claim to  know)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:50 PM by Desetroyah »

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 05:45 PM »
We're saying we can't enforce rules against avoiding.
Why not lol?

because *literally repeats his first post on the second page of this thread*.

link.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Why not lol?

link.
Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. I think its easily enforced. Its was inforced on W2 and there was only one mod there.

I've wasted to much time on this thread already I'm done with it.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Husk

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 08:13 PM »
how about a "search for an opponent" button for tus classic, tel, trl and freeleague seperate buttons and when u click one of them u would be randomly paired with someone who else aswell has the button active? maybe this would prevent avoidings a bit? this is just a rough idea, maybe this could lead to something?

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Why not lol?

link.
Your sarcasm isn't appreciated. I think its easily enforced. Its was inforced on W2 and there was only one mod there.

I've wasted to much time on this thread already I'm done with it.

My example of you having to lose points because you refuse to play doubletime was not sarcasm. I assumed you didn't read my post, because my post clearly answered the question you asked before you asked it.

Offline darKz

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 09:23 PM »
how about a "search for an opponent" button for tus classic, tel, trl and freeleague seperate buttons and when u click one of them u would be randomly paired with someone who else aswell has the button active? maybe this would prevent avoidings a bit? this is just a rough idea, maybe this could lead to something?

Didn't TPL have something like this? Gigaliga also had it.. It's a nice feature to have imo. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline SPW

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Yea, right. It was always a secret against who you have to play next.

ESL had it too, btw (Quick-Challenge).

Just do it with two options. Searching for any opponent or for some1 in your range of points.

That would be really nice! :)

Offline nino

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 09:34 PM »

Didn't TPL have something like this? Gigaliga also had it.. It's a nice feature to have imo. :)

hmmm i think TPL had something like this putinho.

i think this could work something like:

you want to play tus then you go at tus site and somehow u press or put ur name in some place to say u r looking for a tus league game, so if theres someone already in this the system would pair and tell you to play this person.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Husk

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 09:37 PM »

oh =P didn't know that, because I was in the army while TPL was up and running and giga I never played =D good to hear its been done before so maybe it could be a rational feature

Yea, right. It was always a secret against who you have to play next.

ESL had it too, btw (Quick-Challenge).

Just do it with two options. Searching for any opponent or for some1 in your range of points.

That would be really nice! :)

yea that would be cool

edit: oh and there would be log of players paired recently, so everyone could see if someone tries to avoid even with this system in place lol, also if 2 players would fail to play their games, the system would require an explanation (as a topic in complaints forum)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:39 PM by Husk »

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 10:23 PM »
2nd part of Husks post above is an interesting idea. Ambitious, but interesting :)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 03:31 AM »
I take the time to write up an idea for a rule, which makes nothing but sense and try to explain why it would be a good idea and I get smited. I'm done posting on tus.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:44 AM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper