Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:06 PM

Author Topic: banning schemes  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Husk

banning schemes
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:42 PM »
would it be good that u and ur opponent could each ban 1 scheme before picking schemes to play? this way there wont be all those topics asking hyst to be removed from classic

Offline GreatProfe

Re: banning schemes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:50 PM »
i guess make deals b4 the games start is always the best way to play a tus single.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:01 PM »
would it be good that u and ur opponent could each ban 1 scheme before picking schemes to play? this way there wont be all those topics asking hyst to be removed from classic

That would be against any sense of an overall league, which the classic league is. The discussion about hysteria schemes are almost as old as the scheme itself, there were numerous thread about it in the past, it always turned out that there as many people for keeping the scheme as there are against it.

And personally i think there's nothing worse than people asking for "TUS any1, all schemes except hyst?", or "TUS hyst any1?". Really lame. I want to pick what i want to pick, and not the schemes my opponent is good at.

Offline ANO

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04 PM »
I hate t17

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:21 PM »

That would be against any sense of an overall league, which the classic league is. The discussion about hysteria schemes are almost as old as the scheme itself, there were numerous thread about it in the past, it always turned out that there as many people for keeping the scheme as there are against it.

And personally i think there's nothing worse than people asking for "TUS any1, all schemes except hyst?", or "TUS hyst any1?". Really lame. I want to pick what i want to pick, and not the schemes my opponent is good at.

they would be asking "tus any?" in ag...

then one of u guys host, and u ban 1 scheme, he/she bans 1 scheme... u pick 1 scheme, he/she picks 1 scheme... simple =)

Offline chakkman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27 PM »
But why play classic league then when i can't pick every scheme. :( Banning one each will already be 2 schemes out of 8 excluded.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:29 PM »
if u r a 1-tricky-pony and all ur rating comes from rr for example, then people can shut u down by banning ur favourite scheme

or... if u feel like ur opponent is a noob and wants to try a lucky win in hysteria, u can ban hysteria and secure ur win over the lesser skilled player

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:24 AM »
I have been meaning to post this exact same idea...

I'm sick of people picking hyst.. Its almost all anyone picks vs me.. its going to drive me away from tus singles very quickly, hyst is responsible for 80% of my losses..

Chakk, you make a great point, and if you think about it, its in favor of this new rule.. As you said, this is an overallleague.. So if anyone bans a scheme from me, i have 4 or 5 others im happy to pick.

Here's the thing chakk, if your a guy who enjoys all schemes   you do not have to eliminate one, if you and i play, and i eliminate hyst, your not forced to cancel one out.. You just say all else is fine, and pick your scheme...

So, in some cases there will be 7 schemes to choose from, some cases 6... But what's the problem? Only 5 are played in playoffs, remember?

This really would be a great rule...you may even see more activity by it.. From news that refuse to play tus because they don't want to rr, or from old schools who can't stand hyst..

I think this rule can bring plenty of Good, i don't see anything bad..

I just know tus will lose me very soon if something is not done about hyst

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 12:48 PM »
Well avi, I agree it's a good idea, but the general activity of WA/TuS isn't enough.

For example, I am strongest at BnG/Hysteria/Roper, and not so strong at the other 5, I never practise them, I only play them when it's 2v2 clanner.

There are many many players like me who are good in 2/3 schemes, and not the rest.

People can only play this game in the spare time they have from School/College/Uni/Work/Women/etc...

I think it's very unfair to allow this option based on some people have more time available to practise all the schemes than others.

Even if you said "Yeah well it's their responsibility to make sure they have time to practise all schemes", I still think it's unfair, in some countries it's harder to make good money for a living and so they may have to work longer hours, or their parents are rich and they don't really have to work, or they don't care about school and spend time on WA instead of doing homework.

I think it's safe to say making a living/working towards a stable future deserves a higher priority than playing a game.

Also, why should someone be able to ban a scheme and perhaps even force them to choose a scheme where they can't even win as much points?

Think about it, for example in TuS singles it's me vs barman, I am the only person he can win good points in BnG, so to improve his overall rating he could pick this as also he's one of the few people capable of beating me, but ooooooh, wait, what's this, FU BARMAN, I BAN BNG MWUahuAHUa ! Now as he has WAY more points than me for other schemes, I just need to win 1 scheme to come out on top here...

It's a kind-hearted idea, but I don't think it's suitable for TuS.

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 01:18 PM »
heres comes komo, jumping in a topic just for the sake of a debate..

talking about nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic, and taking any chance he can to talk about how amazing he is in bng!!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 02:03 PM »
avi, I make a good point lol.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 02:06 PM »
wouldnt be easier to just LEARN how to play hyst instead?

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 02:08 PM »
no, everyone for example would play only tus hysteria and get in PO without have playng other schemes.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 02:18 PM »
nah, it's bad idea, I wouldn't pick my favourite scheme then, or my oppoents would block scheme which gives me most points. You wouldn't see players like chelsea playing ttrr anymore xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 02:21 PM »
no, everyone for example would play only tus hysteria and get in PO without have playng other schemes.

Well, this is why we should have a balanced percentage, a limit of schemes played.

I've suggested it before, for example a player can only pick a scheme up to 25% of their picks, once they reach 25% they can no longer pick this until they pick few other schemes. Doesn't have to be 25% though.

And anyway, if someone gets in PO this way, they won't win lol, and I honestly think the MODs should be clever enough to punish players who do this, because it's obvious when someone is doing it.