Forums
May 15, 2024, 05:13 AM

Author Topic: Cheating  (Read 9047 times)

Offline GodiTo

Re: Cheating
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 12:57 AM »
Unique could give you answer :P

Offline darKz

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13 AM »
I don't think that using a remapping program for 2 spaces is cheating for the obvious reason that there are keyboards which actually have 2 space bars (or one "halved" space bar). So people with 2 spaces are just making up for a disadvantage in their hardware, and trust me using 2 spaces requires a great amount of practice before you can properly use it in league games.

Using macros on the contrary is cheating because a macro is actually doing the work for you (press space 2 or more times in a very short time).

My 2 cents. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 01:20 AM »
I don't think that using a remapping program for 2 spaces is cheating for the obvious reason that there are keyboards which actually have 2 space bars (or one "halved" space bar). So people with 2 spaces are just making up for a disadvantage in their hardware, and trust me using 2 spaces requires a great amount of practice before you can properly use it in league games.

Using macros on the contrary is cheating because a macro is actually doing the work for you (press space 2 or more times in a very short time).

My 2 cents. :)

Good post. I didn't realize some keyboards had a split spacebar.

What about someone who uses 3 keys as 3 spaces?

Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline beer

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 02:16 AM »
eya rene, thats what i said.

drama queen iz back

Offline Maciej

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 07:56 AM »
ok, As I use 2 spaces I have to take a part in this discussion. For the first why do I use 2 spaces? That were old times when I first time saw m0nk (guy who used 3 spaces for playing as I heard later) whoes tap was amazing fast. I decided I wanna get same tap, as it was nice for me, and smth new, and then I thought it could be useful (but it's not much). For 9 months I used to played on 1 spacebar, as 2 spaces was a cheat for me. I changed my mind when I tried to use 2, and found out that 1 space is no sense. My tap got faster as 1 spaces wasn't fast enough (still down when u wanna press it other time). For more it's still about your timing, because it reacts only when u press it! Yes! If u press 2 spaces at once it even blocks u.
There are kbs with 2 spacebars on them. I think that winning should be more about skill, not a kb which u got (ofc I don't mean tarantula or G15, as it's other thing). I have even seen a phote one of them, somewhere on wQw forum, but can't find it.
I have been training fr since february 2008. It's really not easy way. My first lesson was: how to force my other finger to react... And when I got it, I wanna have smth more at last, because fr on 1 space = twiching, where I mean speed of tapping (well, we can take a look for a Mablak ofc, but he has put some thing under his space as I know, and he plays from long time, so it's possible ofc, but I'm talking about fr now).
About silkworms, utw and other it's cheat ifc, because as in 2 spaces the press depends on you, and your timing, those programs do the job for u.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 12:02 PM »
zippo used to use uwt xDD!!! dunno now xD!

i still remember the replay against sL " -.,ºººGL AND HFººº,.-(or something like that )  " XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Offline beer

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 02:43 PM »
ok, As I use 2 spaces I have to take a part in this discussion. For the first why do I use 2 spaces? That were old times when I first time saw m0nk (guy who used 3 spaces for playing as I heard later) whoes tap was amazing fast. I decided I wanna get same tap, as it was nice for me, and smth new, and then I thought it could be useful (but it's not much). For 9 months I used to played on 1 spacebar, as 2 spaces was a cheat for me. I changed my mind when I tried to use 2, and found out that 1 space is no sense. My tap got faster as 1 spaces wasn't fast enough (still down when u wanna press it other time). For more it's still about your timing, because it reacts only when u press it! Yes! If u press 2 spaces at once it even blocks u.
There are kbs with 2 spacebars on them. I think that winning should be more about skill, not a kb which u got (ofc I don't mean tarantula or G15, as it's other thing). I have even seen a phote one of them, somewhere on wQw forum, but can't find it.
I have been training fr since february 2008. It's really not easy way. My first lesson was: how to force my other finger to react... And when I got it, I wanna have smth more at last, because fr on 1 space = twiching, where I mean speed of tapping (well, we can take a look for a Mablak ofc, but he has put some thing under his space as I know, and he plays from long time, so it's possible ofc, but I'm talking about fr now).
About silkworms, utw and other it's cheat ifc, because as in 2 spaces the press depends on you, and your timing, those programs do the job for u.

this looks like the history of ur life XDDDDDDDDDD, congrats.

zippo used to use uwt xDD!!! dunno now xD!

i still remember the replay against sL " -.,ºººGL AND HFººº,.-(or something like that )  " XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

yea he use that, thats why he was banned from xtc. XD

zlloro

drama queen iz back

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Dub-C no macro program in existence will allow you to enhance your roping beyond levels you can already achieve without the macro. You can make a macro program that presses space 10 times for everytime you press it once and it will tap super fast, however, ultimately, it will not make you a better roper nor help you win a game.

Remapping your keys, or even having two keys act as space is totally legitimate since 2 spacebar keyboards already exist anyway.

Finger rolling is only really useful once you're just 1% away from roping maximun level achieved of awesomeness, everything before you can do with one finger, including max speed scrolls and shadows.

For the most part using a bunch of spacebars and a bunch of fingers is useless unless you're incredibly amazing already.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:54 PM by ropacfc »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Rofl beer

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Dub-C no macro program in existence will allow you to enhance your roping beyond levels you can already achieve without the macro. You can make a macro program that presses space 10 times for everytime you press it once and it will tap super fast, however, ultimately, it will not make you a better roper nor help you win a game.

Remapping your keys, or even having two keys act as space is totally legitimate since 2 spacebar keyboards already exist anyway.

Finger rolling is only really useful once you're just 1% away from roping maximun level achieved of awesomeness, everything before you can do with one finger, including max speed scrolls and shadows.

For the most part using a bunch of spacebars and a bunch of fingers is useless unless you're incredibly amazing already.

I agree with most of this except that you have to be amazing before starting to fr. Name one person who had absolutely mastered roping before using fr. but you are missing the point. What if someone uses 3 keys as spacebars? Is it then not so legitiment?

Saying it takes a lot of time and skill to learn is a mute point. It would take someone a lot of time and skill in order to make a program that would automatically throw perfect nades or perfect zooks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:34 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 04:54 PM »
What I'm saying is that you have to be an incredible roper in order for finger rolling to suppose an improvement over a person who has mastered single tap, if you're an average roper, finger rolling isn't going to make you any better, however, once you reach a very high level of skill then finger rolling might give you an edge on the stuff you attempt, but this skill level bar is already set incredibly high.

People start finger rolling, for the most part, because they hear about it and think it's a ticket to quick success, but most of these people end up being annoying scroll tapping one trick pony ropers that amuse themselves going back and forth through the ceiling whilest doing vertical shadows and going up again and they're like yo host a warmer bro and do finger weight lifting.

I don't see how a person using three space bars would have an advantage over a regular roper per example, who only has and uses one finger in a 1 on 1 roper match. He won't get anywhere faster, specially not in a league roper.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:55 PM by ropacfc »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 04:55 PM »
In my opinion, using more than 1 space is cheating Dub.
But, as there's no way to know for sure what settings everybody has..
It's impossible to know and the debate isn't that much important.

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 05:37 AM »
its the quality, not quanitity of taps thats important.

You can tell a good roper by seeing when he doesnt tap, not by how often.
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44 AM »

People start finger rolling, for the most part, because they hear about it and think it's a ticket to quick success, but most of these people end up being annoying scroll tapping one trick pony ropers that amuse themselves going back and forth through the ceiling whilest doing vertical shadows and going up again and they're like yo host a warmer bro and do finger weight lifting.

How true that is, the amount of people that i've played that try and impress me by going back and forward tapping as fast as they can as if it's new, I mean, people have been tapping as fast as possible since about 7-8 years ago it's nothing new lol

The best league game ropers I have ever seen don't fingerroll, they don't twitch, they don't use macros or any other "tap boosting" remedys, they have roped the same way since day 1 perfecting their smooth experienced style.

And I actually prefer smooth ropers that don't look like they are having a fit on the spacebar, it looks more confident and mature.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 03:45 PM »
There are (very few) players though that actually make profit from fingerrolling or tapping very fast. Look at Anubis (if his roping is real) or Mablak. They re incredibly fast on some spots using fast tapping which definitely gives them an advantage to finish a map quickly.