Forums
May 03, 2024, 10:17 AM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15170 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2015, 07:50 AM »
No change for now.

Why not? Could you give a detailed explanation please?

But as you said, I don't think you have problem asking to play non-ts BnG.

And what about Playoffs? Can we use a scheme without /ts?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2015, 10:20 AM »
I'm surprised if majority actually picks unofficial version of the scheme. Probably many pick/demand BnG with /ts just because it's official rule and they are used to it, not because they think it's better that way ;)

avirex and chelsea just pick it to increase their chances at winning at a scheme they know they're worse at.

they couldn't care less about enjoyment or being used to shit, for instance.

makes you think about the quality of the rule to begin with. Makes you wonder if when the staff was approached and told they had an answer for the abuse of 4seconds they considered anything else about the Bng scheme before making such a change for the sake of gratuite and counterproductive.... PROGRESS.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Well I have seen several people make point that /ts was introduced as a way to stop people abusing 4s nades.

If 4s nades are such a problem, you should make a rule against full power 4s nades, not all full power shots.

MonkeyIsland, really, I am pretty disappointed in the way you've handled this, in my opinion you usually handle all problems swiftly, but you just seem lazy with a complete lack of knowledge about this issue.

This really should be a simple decision, get rid of /ts.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2015, 07:21 AM »
/ts was never introduced to avoid 4s nades but to make it harder to notch. People knew how to avoid 4s nades and they were always frowned upon, nothing more. The introduction of BnG notching charts, made some people for /ts to make it at least a bit harder.

Note that there are few of you to brought this up, you weren't there where there was another party requesting the opposite. I've already said I'll analyze replays for this. Currently I don't have much free time.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2015, 09:26 AM »
/ts was never introduced to avoid 4s nades but to make it harder to notch. People knew how to avoid 4s nades and they were always frowned upon, nothing more. The introduction of BnG notching charts, made some people for /ts to make it at least a bit harder.

Well if that's true then it should never have been introduced in the 1st place.

The most commonly notched shots are 4s full power grenades and this is the type of shot i've seen people complain about, and I was around during the peak of BnG activity on TuS.

Aiming straight up with low winds and shooting full power IS NOT NOTCHING, that's just using your memory and eyesight...

The only poeple I have personally seen really abusing a notching system in the past 3-4 years is barman and Mablak, a few people have tried to copy them but have failed, barman and Mablak don't even play WA anymore let alone BnG...

I understand you don't have a lot of time, but surely you can move this higher in your list of priorities now? It's been going on since November last year.

And even using an analyzer isn't fair MI, you should be treating this issue based on the people who play it and care about it, not just how many people are forced to play it because of opponents pick and/or people who play it not even knowing what /ts is:

Probably many pick/demand BnG with /ts just because it's official rule and they are used to it, not because they think it's better that way ;)

I literally haven't seen more than 3 people say something good about /ts, and I have been one of the most active players on WA again since January.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2015, 07:10 AM »
I'm not sure about Senator's line. Most members are just lazy (even to update their schemes). They just click on their favorite scheme in game. (until some complaints pop up) That's why I need to see what's been going on based on played games.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2015, 07:29 AM »
I'm not sure about Senator's line. Most members are just lazy (even to update their schemes). They just click on their favorite scheme in game. (until some complaints pop up) That's why I need to see what's been going on based on played games.

Well that actually brings about some good points:

(.)(.) How easy is it for newer players to read/understand invidivual scheme rules? - I struggle to even find them, everything is in different places...

(.)(.) How easy is it for people to obtain updated schemes? - The scheme page sucks, there should be seperate schemes page for League schemes, and explain the differences between different variations of the same scheme, sometimes I have to go through 20 pages just to find scheme I need.

(.)(.) How many people even realized the change in the 1st place?  - I mean, I didn't notice it for almost 2 years, granted I was inactive, but I was still playing at least few games every couple months and visiting TuS almost everyday... Being that I am the most fanatical BnG player, and I didn't noice, it wouldn't surprise me if a few other people missed it.

(.)(.) How many people understand the rules or not, and just use whatever scheme they wish anyway? - Like Peja said, most people are using a hybrid scheme, I am, the scheme I use has infinite teleports, 1 girder with no usage restrictions, infinite shotgun and no /ts. I know I am not the only one...

Offline darKz

« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Schemes in general and the scheme/rules page are a mess, I'd have to agree. I can't find the current rules anywhere.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2015, 01:06 PM »
oh, it was introduced for something else other than 4 second nades?

then it's even more stupid!

at this point MI, I think you should admit you went ahead with this change without consulting anyone and after a 1on1 conversation with Chelsea, that way, the league gets to keep its reputation, and Chelsea his. But you're telling me this was discussed and no one raised an eyebrow and called it for what it is? useless, unproductive, futile, vain piece of shit rule that accomplishes absolutely nothing (in case my battery of synonyms wasn't enough).

All of you who knew about this change and didn't stop should be life banned from being involved in any decision making regarding Bng, in fact, I'd ban them from talking worms altogether and from being staff of a worms league, if that's what they are, bunch of idiots really.

See all those bad words? All those offenses, lack of f@#!ing respect? I'll take it all back, apologize and admit to be an out of line arrogant pizzasheet if any of the people that were in favor (or not against) the incorporation of this rule, to argument how it has been productive at all. Because as it stands, the rule only serves as a gimmick tool for idiots to increase their chances of winning games without ever learning how to play bng.

Thank you for that, another scheme you can add to the list of schemes you've ruined by being clueless and careless. Remember the first time you banned me from this site? I was making unfunny jokes about this same thing happening. Almost a decade ago.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:08 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2015, 07:00 PM »
Komo, you weren't there when the changes were happening. You had stormed out after a bad BnG clanner, remember? Some time later I was dealing with the league players and requests. As I said I'll post the results when they are ready.

Ropa, if you want to sit around and give out brilliant ideas and expect people to listen and take notes, you gotta earn that position. So far, after being a W:A fossil, you've earned being one of *THE* most useless wormers around. Not only you haven't done any progress, you have had a negative effect on this community.

A decade ago, you were creating multiple accounts, posting nonsense on a newbie site to mock, remember? That was the reason you were banned. The level of illusion you are in, just baffles me. I have no words, seriously how deep one's head can go into his own ass?

Deja vu, ropa. You're banned for the 4th time. (Hey time to create multiple accounts and post unfunny jokes?)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:10 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2015, 07:14 PM »
hi MI, I like ur posts  :-*  now come play clanners mofo ;p

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2015, 07:20 PM »
Komo, you weren't there when the changes were happening. You had stormed out after a bad BnG clanner, remember? Some time later I was dealing with the league players and requests. As I said I'll post the results when they are ready.

I wasn't there when the changes were happening, but I was there before and I am here now, and I know what is best for this scheme trust me.

1 big thing that really bothers me, the title "experimental season", which technically means a trial season, I may not have been around to witness the feedback from that but I can clearly see all the feedback from the previous 5-6 months have not been in support of this trial season, in fact all facts seem to point it was a huge failure, especially BnG.

I don't understand why you need to take so much time to make this decision, it feels like there is something you won't tell us, I know you are busy and you want to be fair, I respect you because you've helped me a lot setting up communities and fixing problems here and there, but I really can't understand why you can't see the solution here is simple.

Offline avirex

« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2015, 07:20 PM »
komo, just because your not getting instant gratification on what you want, does not mean MI is moving slower then normal..

this is MI pace regarding everything, your lucky you even got him to post here...

he has said 5 times that he is going to check replays, and see which variation is more popular, i don't know what else you want him to say... well.. yes i do..

you want him to say "ok komo, your the bng god, and if you think bng should be played without /ts, then thats what is going to happen... starting RIGHT NOW all bng's will be played with out /ts, anyone caught using /ts can, and will be banned, i am here by giving komito the powers to ban all players that do not comply!"

lol thats not gonna happen, just be patient, and let him review replays.

is ropa really banned? awesome! i been waiting for this day.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2015, 07:45 PM »
avi, why must you always refer to my talents in BnG? How good I am has NOTHING to do with what we(yes we, cuz it isn't just me) want here.

Replays won't show which variation is more popular, here are some reasons why:

The newer generation don't even know history of BnG, or other schemes, it isn't fair judgement.

People who read the rules and study scheme settings but don't care about BnG as a specialized scheme will use the default, not because of opinion, but because it's the rules, again, this would be unfair.

People who don't read rules and study scheme settings and new changes since /ts will play with whatever scheme they already have.

Most of the people who give a damn about BnG are crying out for /ts to be removed but again this could be overlooked because of players who have no knowledge and play with default scheme anyway.

That would be my guess but with the evidence Chicken showed to me it looks like the majority of games have actually been played without /ts, hopefully anyway.

Offline avirex

« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2015, 09:04 PM »
didnt you just get done saying how no one can find the schemes, or the rules?? now your saying everyone is studying and hosting bng games according to them??

anyways.... who cares, let MI check the damn replays, nothing is going to be done until he checks the replays...

after he does that, you, yourself, and komo (that is the we, right?) can continue to rant.