Forums
May 17, 2024, 10:23 PM

Author Topic: Finger roll or fast taping  (Read 2058 times)

Offline K1NG

Finger roll or fast taping
« on: December 03, 2010, 04:03 AM »
Well.. Hi every1.... i just wanted to know... how can people tap so fast... i mean there r people who tap with only 1 key or 1 finger and they do it pretty fast... and  people who use FR is just amazin... I've tried to tap fast but i can't  :( so i just wanted that if u guys can give me some tips of how to tap fast and how to use FR...

When do i have to press enter?
How can i make 2 shots of rope?
Where the rope must hit until i make the next tap?

Please i would be very glad if some1 spend the time giving me some tips... Thank you

Offline lalo

Re: Finger roll or fast taping
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:27 AM »
You don't need to tap fast to become an excellent player. There are a lot of players who don't need to tap that much like random, Crazy<3, Franz, Daina </3, OS <33 and even myself xD.

Don't waste your time trying to find a way to tap fast, you should better find your own style, I think that's the best way to improve.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:03 AM by lalo »

Offline Mo0k

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30 AM »
Agree :)
Clans:
LoR(wwp)
UNI(wwp)
n00b(wwp)
xCx(wa)
CKC(wa)
SiX(wa)
Di(wa)
NBR(wa)
cT(wa)
b0R(wa)
mA(wa)
ruL(wa)
HoS(wa)
sL(wa)
Btk(wa)
tCs(wa)
GQ(wa)
------------------------------------------

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 05:08 AM »
If your just looking to tap fast. Do the fr technique. You dont have to have as fast of fingers and it takes a lot less time to learn to fr then it does to tap fast with one finger. Everyone can tap fast with fr. Few can with just 1 finger.

I've been working on the 1 finger fingerroll lately in warmers. Hard to control though.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline K1NG

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 06:12 AM »
Well yes i know.. Lalo thnx for ur advice.. i gotta find my style but... i really have to know how to tap for schemes like ttrr or roper...

And well.. i just want some tips of how to tap better... doesnt have to be Finger roll... im just looking for tips to have a better tap...

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 06:47 AM »
Play LOTS of warmers.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 07:15 AM »
Or practice TTRR ;) If you want to improve your tap for ttrr, then the best way is, if you play a lot of ttrr (at least I think :) )

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 09:52 AM »
It really isnt about how fast you can "tap", its about how well you can control every movement of the rope to maximum advantage. "Tapping" is only one aspect of "roping", although it is as equally an important part of "roping" as arrow control. All "tapping" means is shooting the rope, its not about how fast you can tap that brings speed, is about the timing of the taps. Fast tapping is purely cosmetic, its just a style that people want to develop. Fast "tapping" won't make you a good roper until you have good control and consistency, these are the most important things.

+ Dont worry about fr... you need to play for at least 2 or 3 years before your taps are gonna be "fast" and effective, no matter how you choose to press space.
worm and learn

Offline Krezo

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 10:06 AM »
You don't need to tap fast to become an excellent player. There are a lot of players who don't need to tap that much like random, Crazy<3, Franz, Daina </3, OS <33 and even myself xD.

You forgot me  :-*
No signature.

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 10:09 AM »

Don't waste your time trying to find a way to tap fast, you should better find your own style, I think that's the best way to improve.
Soooo true, just what I wanted to say.

Timing is a lot more important than fast tapping, for instance, in TTRR, fast tapping is not what gives you more control or speed, it's rather the timing of your tapping.

And yea, you should find your own style, play some warmers, practise TTRR, eventually you will find your way.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 10:52 AM »
one day I was inspired of this amazing tapping, because of m0nk, few months later I started to learn finger roll. It was long time ago, when I didn't know what league is. I lost my control skill just for learn fr. I guess I could be much better now without fr, but now... I can't stop and it's just my style.
I can get fast tap, 12 taps per 1 sec is enough for worms, but I don't use it much, I get fast tap while shadow etc, which you will get easy too after longer time of playing this game, even without fr.

If you wanna get some advices from me, so as someone wrote before at start you just need to accustom your fingers to finger roll, it means you do it slow and clear. I started to do in on wxw maps, but it wasn't about touching the walls, just get a control with my fingers. Then I started to press space as fast as I could in shoppas, came back to wxw with walls, and to this day I play rope race. Just train it, I used to train it for long hours offline ;)
here is my video, you can check my fingers:

and don't worry, if someone can, you can do it too, if you got at least 2 fingers on your left hand!

Offline Maciej

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 12:09 PM »
that's a bit sad that there are still bad hates who smite me every time they can, even if I try to help eachothers... But well, who cares about them, even greatest ppl in the world got haters :)

Offline Agneau

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 01:12 PM »
yep like hitler ... :| :| :| :|

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Play better, play pretty (what is pretty?), tap faster, they are just different things, but not exclusive each other. I've seen good players for leagues with or without fast taps, and players extremely good in Warmer, with our without fast taps, but in everyone, the key has been the timing and the use of THE ARROWS.

But, KING is just asking for tap faster ;o well, for that you'll need to practice and like Jhonny said, try some fr. If your trying to improve your rope skills, then listen to lalo.

Offline nino

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 02:54 PM »
 :-X
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.