Forums
May 14, 2024, 10:31 AM

Author Topic: How an avoiding rule would work  (Read 5449 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: How an avoiding rule would work
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 09:27 PM »
I just advise you guys to talk with Chelsea, or boot him, or kill him with a baseball bat.
Frank wins this round, hahaha.  FTW!

In all seriousness, Dub's plan seems a bit extreme, penalizing the max points.  I agree that should you avoid consistently, there should be some sort of punishment.  A suspension wouldn't really work, maybe a reduced amount of points lost?  the max seems a little much.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:29 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:27 PM »
I just advise you guys to talk with Chelsea, or boot him, or kill him with a baseball bat.
Frank wins this round, hahaha.  FTW!

In all seriousness, Dub's plan seems a bit extreme, penalizing the max points.  I agree that should you avoid consistently, there should be some sort of punishment.  A suspension wouldn't really work, maybe a reduced amount of points lost?  the max seems a little much.

The punishment must be worse then the avoiding. If the clan or player avoids and is punished 50 points and if they played and lost they would lose 75 points. Avoiding is the best way.

If you lose the maximum amount of points, its always better to play then avoid.

P.s Frank: The thread is not aimed to bash Chelsea or eS but to show how an avoiding rule would work.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Yeah, mine was such an off topic.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline Crazy

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 12:26 AM »
I like this idea Dub. I haven`t experienced anyone avoiding (obviously TdC is not looked upon as the biggest threat around), so I don`t know how big the problem is on WN today. I remember it was a problem in previous leagues though. 

About chelsea: chelsea I`m gay and even I have bigger balls then you. Be a man and stop avoiding. I love you

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 03:01 AM »
I like this idea Dub. I haven`t experienced anyone avoiding (obviously TdC is not looked upon as the biggest threat around), so I don`t know how big the problem is on WN today. I remember it was a problem in previous leagues though. 

About chelsea: chelsea I`m gay and even I have bigger balls then you. Be a man and stop avoiding. I love you
Yes, big problem, little problem, or no problem there should be a rule regardless
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Almog

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 04:34 AM »
nice dub
the penalty should be harsh enough to stop clans avoiding, I wouldn't mind if it were 200 pts per game. once clan has got punished he won't avoid again, and if it would, I guess they'd have some talks in their private forums and kick some of their members who are responsible

by the way, frank, u cracked me off LOL

Offline Random00

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 03:11 PM »
I generally like the idea. I just see one problem there: How can you tell someone is avoiding?
I mean sometimes you ask for clanner/tus and something important comes up in rl, so you're not able to play. I dont think it's avoiding in this case.
If it was, then this rule will decrease activity imo, which is even worse than having a few guys around who avoid.

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09 PM »
if true iam kinda sad about chelsea behavior i promise guys i try talk with him

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13 PM »
I agree too, MI, get it done !

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 05:15 PM »
btw i agree too.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 05:33 PM »
avoiding measures can be applied to the league system quite easily with maths.

I'm sure it wouldn't too hard of a task for MI if he fully understands the principle behind it
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 06:22 PM »
if true iam kinda sad about chelsea behavior i promise guys i try talk with him

• Just look at his TRL: Hysteria - Session 8. He kept noobbashing like that 15-0 (90% "freewins"). So I asked him friendly for trl about every day for a week. He avoided to play vs me and other good players who would probably beat him many times, like Blinky and Komo. I already talked to MI while playing BigRR with him (Ty for that nice games btw) about that problem.
    Without that avoiding and all that noobbashing he wouldn't even come close to PlayOffs. Chelsea isn't that hard to beat and he knows it.

• I just remember Chelseas real cheating vs me when I was more nooby and new to tus (a long time ago ^^) in a wfw. 99% I had won. Then he cheated on purpose and teled to the top of the map without walking to a teleport, he was not even close to one and couldnt walk because I petroled him good.

Ofc I couldnt attack him at top and he killed my worm by cheating ... He really uploaded that "cheated on purpose"-game.

Well the game was void after people told me to start a complain and the mods said I can upload it as my victory, but I never did it because I was new at TUS and really hated all that cheating and lameness already.

• Without (sometimes funny) guys like Peja I would've probably start to avoid TUS (like many other freestylers do) because of cheaters like Chelsea.

• In that trl session I talked with Chelsea but he just admit that he's a lame avoider (so he doesn't even care about subsequent damages (for TUS for example) because of bad and pathetic behaviour like that).

Offline Hussar

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Am sure then he will not even respond u.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Chelsea won't respond, because he is muted ;)

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25 AM »
He's just avoiding.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser