Forums
May 13, 2024, 09:32 PM

Author Topic: How an avoiding rule would work  (Read 5408 times)

Offline fr4nk

Re: How an avoiding rule would work
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Ah, another little off topic:
[17:37:12] [fr4nks] Chelsea clanner?
[17:37:20] Quit: `RB`GadZeT`e2N ( [The Wheat Snooper] The Wheat Snooper 2.8)
[17:37:23] Quit: Cangrejin (Hosting a game: Cangrejin)
[17:37:26] Join: mimo.
[17:37:30] Join: Benhur.
[17:37:31] [mimo] !host tower
[17:37:34] Join: maryjane.
[17:37:36] Quit: mimo (Joined Game)
[17:37:38] [Benhur] !host shopper
[17:37:41] [Chelsea`eS] I won't playa gain you....

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 06:24 PM »
I suppose the killing-Chelsea-with-a-bat thing gave him that idea, fr4nk.

The big question is here is how far you want to make this avoiding rule go. Thing is - if they want to win a season, they're gonna have to play against the good clans anyway or they're out.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 08:13 PM »

The big question is here is how far you want to make this avoiding rule go. Thing is - if they want to win a season, they're gonna have to play against the good clans anyway or they're out.

But without all that noobbashing and avoiding there would be only/more fair people in the Play Offs.

It would work if TUS program it like u have to play minimal 1 out of 7 games vs a simular ranked guy (maximal vs. some1 where the noobbasher would only get -45 points, that would mean he has to play vs. some1 who is on a simular skilllevel)

Like that or even a bit harder would mean u cant do 20 games in a row vs an absolut beginner if u r like "highly competent".

Just a little filter so that no more 15-0 noobbashing in a row is possible.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 08:34 PM »

But without all that noobbashing and avoiding there would be only/more fair people in the Play Offs.

It would work if TUS program it like u have to play minimal 1 out of 7 games vs a simular ranked guy (maximal vs. some1 where the noobbasher would only get -45 points, that would mean he has to play vs. some1 who is on a simular skilllevel)

Like that or even a bit harder would mean u cant do 20 games in a row vs an absolut beginner if u r like "highly competent".

Just a little filter so that no more 15-0 noobbashing in a row is possible.

I already have an idea for this also. But 1 thing at a time :P
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 08:37 PM »
I see some guys u ask clanner and they asking u ''what u pick''   if u say rrtt roper or something they say u no, dunno why they want only 1 pick and no ur pick lol
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 06:56 AM »
I see some guys u ask clanner and they asking u ''what u pick''   if u say rrtt roper or something they say u no, dunno why they want only 1 pick and no ur pick lol

I don't think there is anything wrong with that, being open and honest with your strong/weak schemes.

For me it's the clans who ask for clanner, and when you reply, they suddenly go AFK only to host a clanner vs another clan a few minutes later.

^^ Same goes for singles.

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Yea, i agree with what komo said.. Mm has alot of goood ttrr guys who worked hard to build the points... So i rly dont like to play ttrr if its just me and 1 other member

I often like to agree on two picks, so everyonrs happy...

Like komo said, its the ones who flat out avoid completely that are annoying

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I find it absurd how blatant eS is about avoiding, i mean easy straight out says it here:
bah the worst is u are our 2 leaders dont undestand we must not play against ps

gg PO
I mean, come on.

From this thread:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/games-comments/game-114938-reported-by-dulek/?action=post;quote=127251;num_replies=1;sesc=0804938da78262a53766607fab00957f

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 08:16 PM »
It's just frustrating that there is so many gaps in the rules. Its easier to find a damn game of chess on Tus then to find the rules.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 08:19 PM »
I find it absurd how blatant eS is about avoiding, i mean easy straight out says it here:
bah the worst is u are our 2 leaders dont undestand we must not play against ps

gg PO
I mean, come on.

From this thread:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/games-comments/game-114938-reported-by-dulek/?action=post;quote=127251;num_replies=1;sesc=0804938da78262a53766607fab00957f

What 1 eS member thinks isnt what the eS leaders think. It's in the same link what u posted.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 10:30 AM »
So can we have a response on this? It's been what? Weeks...

I'm sure anyone in the staff can give us a hint on what's going on, or if this is in the plan books.

I don't want to disturb MI's coding of the new TUSbook profile sharing ladder climbing worms and friends website TM but I don't think it's asking too much to know if an avoiding rule system is being worked or if he simply doesn't give a f@#! or doesn't prioritize it.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Why do you care ropa? So TUS becomes a better league? The only-god-damn-league-that-we-have-no-other-choice finally make a little more sense?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Well, i'd like to know as well MonkeyIsland.

The ONLY reason I don't play TuS Singles overall properly is because there is no avoiding rule, and I think the top 20 players list is a joke.

Anyone can play anyone as much as they like up to 15 games, and avoid whoever they want, it's f@#!ING PATHETIC, excuse my French :)

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 12:04 PM »
I think this issue can be solved only by searching TUS games via the TUS site (pretty logical, huh?).

Player/Clan A presses "Find a TUS game" button and waits for the random opponent. Then Player/Clan B presses his button and both get the message "Game found!" or smth... If one of them denies to play, then he loses points. It would be also nice to select preferable schemes by both sides, so they will play only one of those schemes and there won't be "my pick - your pick" rule.

One more benefit: don't need to spam AG with "TUS NE1 TUS NE1 TUS NE1".

But I guess it's not that easy to code. Just an idea :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Casso

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 12:12 PM »
I think this issue can be solved only by searching TUS games via the TUS site (pretty logical, huh?).

Player/Clan A presses "Find a TUS game" button and waits for the random opponent. Then Player/Clan B presses his button and both get the message "Game found!" or smth... If one of them denies to play, then he loses points. It would be also nice to select preferable schemes by both sides, so they will play only one of those schemes and there won't be "my pick - your pick" rule.

One more benefit: don't need to spam AG with "TUS NE1 TUS NE1 TUS NE1".

But I guess it's not that easy to code. Just an idea :)

This would be great ! +1