Forums
May 14, 2024, 09:37 PM

Author Topic: How an avoiding rule would work  (Read 5450 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: How an avoiding rule would work
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2012, 06:38 AM »
deleted for the better good*

Good because I didn't want another biography published in the internet without royalties

Now you know how I feel xD

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2012, 11:08 AM »
A couple of stats, so people know what we're talking about here :)

From the top ranked players in season 26:
fr4nk: 220 games, 17.3% against the top 10
bry4n: 185 games, 24.9% against the top 10
Random00: 101 games, 22.8% against the top 10
sock: 150 games, 20.7%% against the top 10
daiNa: 132 games, 22.7% against the top 10
Dub-c: 138 games, 35.5% against the top 10
MonkeyIsland: 149 games, 36.9% against the top 10
franz: 110 games, 49.1% against the top 10
Almog: 98 games, 23.5% against the top 10
ArtiC: 99 games, 49.5% against the top 10
Phanton: 220 games, 9.1% against the top 10

Percentage of games which involved a top 10 player: 24.1%

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11 AM »
A couple of stats, so people know what we're talking about here :)

From the top ranked players in season 26:
fr4nk: 220 games, 17.3% against the top 10
bry4n: 185 games, 24.9% against the top 10
Random00: 101 games, 22.8% against the top 10
sock: 150 games, 20.7%% against the top 10
daiNa: 132 games, 22.7% against the top 10
Dub-c: 138 games, 35.5% against the top 10
MonkeyIsland: 149 games, 36.9% against the top 10
franz: 110 games, 49.1% against the top 10
Almog: 98 games, 23.5% against the top 10
ArtiC: 99 games, 49.5% against the top 10
Phanton: 220 games, 9.1% against the top 10

Percentage of games which involved a top 10 player: 24.1%

Some nice stats, good news as well, except Phanton, but still alot of players who play more bad players compared to good, i'd like to see what the standings would look like if everyone was forced to play everyone a set amount of games, with all 8 schemes.

Offline HHC

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2012, 12:46 PM »
The thing is, whilst a website fronted to find games and play games (it could even launch WA itself, amongst other things) sounds like a quality of life improvement it kind of defeats the purpose of having lobbies at all. It makes it even harder for newcomers to realize a league exists (many of them I assume come aware when they constantly see people asking "tus ne1?"), ultimately it harms the activity of wormnet and  I have serious doubts about the activity of such things in such a small community.

Nice post ropa.

I thought you were just here to flame people and act like a know-it-all-jackass, but now that you post a seemingly friendly post.. what are you doing here??  :-X

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2012, 01:15 PM »
The thing is, whilst a website fronted to find games and play games (it could even launch WA itself, amongst other things) sounds like a quality of life improvement it kind of defeats the purpose of having lobbies at all. It makes it even harder for newcomers to realize a league exists (many of them I assume come aware when they constantly see people asking "tus ne1?"), ultimately it harms the activity of wormnet and  I have serious doubts about the activity of such things in such a small community.

Nice post ropa.

I thought you were just here to flame people and act like a know-it-all-jackass, but now that you post a seemingly friendly post.. what are you doing here??  :-X

Thread derailed into what I consider important matters and I didn't want a joke to get in the way of people understanding that post. I'm being frank here, for the second time in a row in this thread. And by frank I don't mean gay and italian.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Almog

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2012, 07:45 PM »
I don't like Statik's idea, mainly because I agree with ropa, but also because at some point in the season I have around 3000pts and I don't wanna waste my time (2 picks = 45 mins at least) against weak players for 15 pts per game. Normally at that point I'd play anyone in top 20, but not all of them would play me, and that's what pisses me off. (They can't say I don't give them enough points  :D)

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10 PM »
You don't need to play against a weak player. There should be a checkbox allowing to exclude low points opponents.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Ray

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 07:02 AM »
You don't need to play against a weak player. There should be a checkbox allowing to exclude low points opponents.
AVOIDER!