Forums
May 15, 2024, 11:30 AM

Author Topic: KEY REMAPPER  (Read 13050 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: KEY REMAPPER
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2013, 11:14 AM »
My general thought Breeze, I speak my mind and don't care what people think, if I upset someone I really have respect for, I will apologize to them in private but make it clear I stand by my principles.

I will only ever spend a ridiculous amount of time preparing a case properly if it's something that matters/means alot to me and/or can change my life in an incredibly good way, I swear and curse with topics like this, because, no one really gives a f@#! in the end no matter who is right or wrong, why waste my time on something I know for a fact will NOT happen. I'd like it to be legal, but I couldn't give a rats ass if it isn't either, it's just funny to see so many people take something you said, without even understanding it, and/or taking it the wrong way, and get totally sidetracked, trying desperately to prove you wrong but they can't lol.

Offline StepS

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2013, 12:48 PM »
I quoted you because you were struggling to understand how the script would benefit a 2 space user and somehow implied it would only work with 3.
I didn't imply anything, I was going out of the MI's post where he said that you don't release anything until the trick is done, which is false, at first you don't need to release the first space to press 2nd, but you still must physically release the 1st to press it again. if we have 3 spaces, we don't need to release anything at all, which complies with the MI's post.
I'm not implying anything but showing that the point #4 in the second part of MI's post is false.
in fact, replace the word "press" with "hold", then hold two spaces and try to press 1st space again while it's still physically held. Two fingers holding the same button? huh..

The release of the first space: your release of space this time is not the same as the natural way. It has less value since the timing we are talking about is ruined at that point.
but it's still a release, even a microscopic one, which contradicts the point #4 of your post.

tl;dr: how MI should have explained the trick:

with 2 spaces:

1. Press and hold the first space key.
2. Release space key one
3. Press and hold the first second space key.
4. Release space key one.
5. Press first space key again.
6. Release space key two.

with 3 spaces:

1. Press and hold the first space key.
2. Release space key one
3. Press and hold the first second space key.
4. Release space key two.
5. Press and hold the first third space key.
6. Release space key two.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:57 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline avirex

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2013, 01:55 PM »
yes, i got it steps, im surprised ropa did not.... steps was being very literal in the sense that if you never release either space, you will never be able to continue tapping...

im sure steps understands the concept of this script, and im sure monkeyisland does as well...

there was a time ropa did not fully get it, but now its apparent that he does....

the only one left in the dark here is komo... "oh, good point monkeyisland... i did not think of that same thing every ones been saying for 5 pages straight... very good point... duhhh... but it will make roping better!! YEEEEHAWWWWW, i won the war"

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2013, 02:39 PM »
avirex, yes, MI is right, with what he said, but it wasn't even what I was originally arguing about, my initial point was against what free said something like "it takes less skill, less timing, less everything" something alone those lines, I won that debate, just no one wants to admit it lol.

All MI said was there is less "physical" action with AHK activated, it wasn't even the point I was arguing, it was just a little mistake I made while trying to make my point(because it really IS irrelevant to my overall point), but no one would notice that, cuz I doubt anyone even f@#!ing reads what I say except people like MI...

You lot just look at keywords or something and skip the important things that people say, I don't care what your reasons are for not reading what I write properly, but you only have yourselves to blame for thinking such stupid things.

Offline Free

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2013, 02:49 PM »
avirex, yes, MI is right, with what he said, but it wasn't even what I was originally arguing about, my initial point was against what free said something like "it takes less skill, less timing, less everything" something alone those lines, I won that debate, just no one wants to admit it lol.

Uh

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Uh

Sorry it was actually Ryan that made me make my point by saying this:

Also, the way in which people are "better" is bad because the tool assists and takes away the purity/skill of the player.

And then you joined in with this Free:

Lol, funny, but you still need skill and good timing, obviously, dunno why u guys being so dumb but whatever lol.

The thing is, you need less skill and less good timing if you allow script like that.

And if you read everything I said carefully after that point, well, hopefully you get it, if not, doesn't really matter tbh... For some reason I thought you said your part 1st... Sorry.

Offline philie

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2013, 03:04 PM »
doesn't really matter tbh...

ye, this fits to the last 5 pages.

Offline avirex

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2013, 03:10 PM »
so your arguing the point that it does NOT take less skill, and less timing?....

MI pointed out that it DOES take less skill, you even agreed (5 pages later)

and you still think you "won"  ??

see komo, thats your problem... you even admited you "argue" and "debate" and you want to "win"...

get over dude...  lets just all drop it, this thread has turned into a komo thread, and for that reason, you win.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Edit: Nevermind brainlag!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:03 PM by Anubis »

Offline Masta

« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2013, 07:30 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:36 PM by Masta »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2013, 08:36 PM »
avi, you are a complete fool, I agreed that "letting go of space" is a "physical action", obviously you can't read properly, what is wrong with you lol?

Edit: Obviously you are unable to grasp the concept that comes with the ability to achieve more when the bar is raised avi, "letting go of space" is like what, 1/2% of roping lol, how close minded are you?!

And that still ISN'T the point I was making overall anyway ! You always try to pick on the smallest details that don't even matter lol...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2013, 09:01 PM »
We can do a cup with the script! Maybe it doesn't even change anything and is just a convenient script for top tier ropers that have the timing right anyway and it just reduces hardware mistakes. But it certainly is a big help for ppl that are new to fingerroll, no doubt.

Offline avirex

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2013, 09:18 PM »
lol 6 pages of everyone calling komo an idiot, and making fun of him.. and cracking jokes at his expense, and he still thinks he is right, and calls others fools! :DD

keep it up komo, its getting funnier ;D

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2013, 10:31 PM »
We can do a cup with the script! Maybe it doesn't even change anything and is just a convenient script for top tier ropers that have the timing right anyway and it just reduces hardware mistakes. But it certainly is a big help for ppl that are new to fingerroll, no doubt.

Top tier ropers don't fingerroll. Only noobs who couldn't hack it with one finger do.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Anubis

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Top tier ropers don't fingerroll. Only noobs who couldn't hack it with one finger do.

That's like saying people that use both feet to jump in basketball (because you can jump higher with it than with 1 foot) are worse than people that only jump with 1 foot.