Forums > TUS Discussion

Matchmaking

<< < (2/10) > >>

darKz:
Matchmaking is a good way to prevent avoiding and it makes the standings waaaaay more accurate. From my (very) competitive point of view this is actually a must-have and should be enforced once implemented. I really think this was TPL's and AL's mistake, it didn't work out because people could still look for games the old-fashioned way and keep picking their opponents, avoiding etc. An avoider or noob basher wouldn't ever use it if he didn't have to. :)

Edit: If this is ever going to happen personally I'd like to see the overall standings reset right before it kicks in. Can still save them in a hall of fame sort of thing.

Ryan:
For singles this could be made the only way to find a TUS.
Would have a more diverse set of games played then.
Scheme picks could be made later.

It would be funny if you declare scheme as you enter the matchmaker - you could end up with best players of a scheme playing eachother! I understand that this creates luck element though.

Impossible:
Also would be cool to make reporting possible only after system understand you are paired with your opponent
So in fact you can't avoid at all ;D

Ryan:

--- Quote from: Impossible on January 17, 2013, 07:34 AM ---Also would be cool to make reporting possible only after system understand you are paired with your opponent
So in fact you can't avoid at all ;D

--- End quote ---

Yep

MonkeyIsland:
I think that may work to solve avoiding issue, but I think it will cause some issues. What if I want to play with my friend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version