Forums > TUS Discussion

Matchmaking

(1/10) > >>

Bonhert:
Ok. It's been few months since I came back and there's been one thing that I found especially frustrating. That is looking for a league match sometimes for hours and not being able to find one. Having to spam #AG is also rather unpleasant part of worming for most of us.

So during on of those lazy evenings I've scrolled through #AG chat and noticed that people often ask for tus, wait few mins, go afk/leave/join funners, then just few mins later someone else pops up and asks for tus, then again. So I've came with an idea, that you might be already familiar with from some other games.

That is matchmaking mechanism, which can be also implemented in a browser (I've it seen in Heroes of Newerth league).

Basically it would work somehow like this:

1. You click button "I want to play tus now" on the website.
2. You're put in a queue and your button changes to "Looking for a game...".
3. Algorithm searches for a proper rival (we can skip this in the beginning as it might be not needed with current number of games, but I believe matchmaking would increase number of games greatly over time).
4. When players are paired button changes to "Match found" and both players receive relevant information.

Optional settings for the future and discussion:
- algorithm (already mentioned),
- random scheme,
- random map,
- option to select "Quick find" for shorter queue but less balanced games.

People could still play games old-fashioned way.

PS. I'm willing to help or even do all the coding.

HHC:
We had one at WormsLeague long ago. It worked nicely for a few weeks, but then it became rather inactive.

I think for most people it's still easiest just to go on snoop and ask for TUS.
Especially if you want to make the games balanced. I know a few guys who like the games when they aren't especially balanced  :-[ :x

Hussar:
great idea.... this could work if u do it correctly ~!

Husk:
this is something I would pretty much always use when I am logged into TUS, would be so great.

Husk:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version