Do you want to have more schemes?

Yes.
12 (30%)
No.
19 (47.5%)
I don't care.
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: More 'Schemes'?  (Read 11000 times)

Offline CMV

Re: More 'Schemes'?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 04:03 PM »
How can someone be a good t17 player when all it takes is learning the basic moves with the chute/bungee, and after that, the only thing deciding the game is what the game engine decides to throw at you?
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline chakkman

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Hm, seems like you played like 5 t17's in your life. :)

Offline Devilage

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 04:40 PM »
why not delete hysteria?

+1

Sorry but with so much talk about lameness/luck involved in other schemes hysteria simply has no right to exist along with schemes in which we tried to minimize the luck factor as much as possible imo. Hysteria would be good for free league though alongside with the other schemes in it. Fits better there.

Hysteria it's a nice scheme those schemes that he's pointing out are useless imo.

Smoking proud.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I've never REALLY liked Hysteria, it's ok, I play it now and again, but to me Hysteria is for people who can't BnG properly so they play that lol, cuz it's 1s it makes them feel good but all they are really doing is raping with repeats, straight zooks, basically the easiest shots possible in BnG and thinking it's skill.

It isn't.

Honestly, this guy beat me before after taking, literally, no lies, over 20 shots with a petrol to kill me, and was all like HAHAHA IN YOUR FACE, I was like, LOL aye right then, ok pal...

U've seen me on hysteria clanners? was I lame? that only goes for bad players.

Smoking proud.

Offline CMV

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Hm, seems like you played like 5 t17's in your life. :)
More like about 80, but still quite few. :\
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline chakkman

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Well believe me then that it is MUCH more than being able to chute/bungee or wait for good weapons.

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 05:11 PM »
I dont get this thread... what u want dennis? More schemes for the free league?

Sure I agree with that, the free league is hardly ever played but when it is I dont see why people shouldnt be able to choose any scheme they like, thats why its called the FREE league! Add all the schemes that you can think of to the free league and also add an "other" option for schemes that havent been listed or discovered yet. No harm in doing that, would be a good thing.
worm and learn

Offline DENnis

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I dont get this thread... what u want dennis? More schemes for the free league?

Sure I agree with that, the free league is hardly ever played but when it is I dont see why people shouldnt be able to choose any scheme they like, thats why its called the FREE league! Add all the schemes that you can think of to the free league and also add an "other" option for schemes that havent been listed or discovered yet. No harm in doing that, would be a good thing.

Yes, more schemes which you can pick. Best place for them would be free league I think.

To the Shopper - mixes like fly or surf or both .. I think no1 wanna play for example a surfshopper in classicleague (there's 1 more rule too, sba and you need ts) ... Because it isnt sooo serious and more for fun (but you need some different skills!).

And then you have much more variety what means you can get experiences in more schemes and getting better .. that'll make more addiction to tus-games I guess :)

I just love freedom and variety (:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:35 PM by DENnis »

Offline SPW

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 07:11 PM »
I think u totaly miss the point.

Just read carefully what Nail wrote :)

Offline DENnis

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 07:33 PM »
 ??? Ok, maybe some irony ^^

But I really think it isn't bad too add some more possible picks.

I only wrote some examples ... Other = Other ideas are welcome, too.

Ok, of course not all own or other schemes should be added ... I don't want only luck-games like Comet Dodgeing or games which'll be mess it up.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 08:46 AM »
Exp. players knowing how to hit fast (2.1 full shot f.e.), like u know how to finish a bng by "ghost notching"* haha. :P

*No need to count it from top coz u exactly knows, where is 4.2 or 3.3 etc. Just a thing of expierence.

I think I understand what you mean by Ghost Notch,I think, I guess in a way you are right, but not intentional if you know what I mean?

I've BnG'd so long and probably more than anyone else (played more BnG games because how active I am and it's like 90% of everything I have played) I know exactly where I have to aim now for what distance they are, it's like it's instinctive, but I dunno where you are getting 4.2 and 3.3 from lol, even when I did used to notch I counted in 1's as in, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 no 3.3/5.2 etc...

But if you read what I say in my BnG advice, most of my shots I aim from other shots instinct, like NO-Wind LG, is like 4s FP but double the distance, so I aim halfway, this is obvious not notch, do you honestly think I can notch double banks, bounceback shots, floorbanks that bounce back, transfers and all the other shots myself and other members of b2b do?

Some of the shots we do are impossible to notch, the biggest givaway is the time we have to do it and plan it.

I didn't say I think Hysteria is lucky, I said I think about 50% of the best Hysteria shots are luck, as in incredible grenades that bounce funny, or zooks going through like 5 gaps that you could do like 1 every 1000 times lol, and that most shots don't take alot of skill, I only mean it's very basic shots thats all, the end of Hysterias is nice, I like that part for tactics when it's 1v1, and they constantly move about taking a few shots, if you plan that nice, it's skill :)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 10:26 AM »
This topic became a topic about ppl dont like hysteria or t17... lets ban every scheme from classic league, except ttrr, because thats the only one with 0% luck! (heh jk, i hate ttrr :D)

anyway some limitations in hyst weapons would be nice...

and about free league. i dont think there should be any limitations about what scheme u can pick. (except classic league schemes and intermediate).

but again, in some way this whole classic league schemes and free league schemes is wrong.

imho classic league should be something like:
1 scheme for pure roping (ttrr or tower or something)
1 for attacking and tactics from rope (roper, some shoppa...)
1 for artillery skills (bng, burning girders...)
1 for tactics and knowing weapons (elite, int maybe?...)
1 for every skill which we can agree as a basic skill in worms.

so what i mean is there should be one scheme in classic league for every basic skills, the best one about the actual skill, but not more.

every other schemes in free league.

and anyone can run a specific league along with tus, or independent. like a2b.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 11:00 AM »
imho classic league should be something like:
1 scheme for pure roping (ttrr or tower or something)
1 for attacking and tactics from rope (roper, some shoppa...)
1 for artillery skills (bng, burning girders...)
1 for tactics and knowing weapons (elite, int maybe?...)
1 for every skill which we can agree as a basic skill in worms.

I really REALLY like this idea, this sounds practically perfect to me :) +1

Honestly, I think BungeeRace, Forts & Super Sheep Race should be added to the all-round league:

As many people play Bungee Race as at least BnG, using the Bungee rope would be like TTRR in a way, using an individual weapons unique ability to create another very competitive, "all-skill/no-luck" based scheme.

Forts is another nice scheme and it is kinda classic because it's been around since the game started as a standard scheme, and it is fun and competitive.

Super Sheep Race is a really fun scheme and very skilled so would be nice to have as this is also an individual weapon based scheme you can use it's abilities for a competitive and fun scheme for the league which is another "all-skill/no-luck" game.

All 3 of these schemes are competitive, they don't take long to finish 1v1 or even 2v2 as far as an average 2v2 goes, they have league chemistry, There would be alot of competition with these 3 schemes and I would pick BungeeRace, Forts and Super Sheep Race just as much as BnG, it'd make me personally start TuS singles again, maybe it's just me, but I honestly think these 3 schemes have league material, and for people who don't like change, it's 11 years after WA, we've had the same boring league layout for 11 years now, it's TIME for a change, It'd be much more of an all-round league with these schemes, and think how interesting the playoffs would be with more variety for everyone.

Does anyone else like this idea?

Offline TitiO

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Prankster, u mean make 1 league for each scheme ? and the points gained/losted dont interfer at the overhall of the all schemes (classic league) ?

i agree to make 1 league to each scheme.

and can be add tower to the classic league, cuz it the other that is 0% of luck.

Offline Husk

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 02:09 PM »
and about free league. i dont think there should be any limitations about what scheme u can pick. (except classic league schemes and intermediate).

Intermediate is in TNL atm. and when TNL changes to TEL, Intermediate can be picked in freeleague. As for Forts, Supersheeprace and Bungeerace, is best to keep them in freeleague.