Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:28 PM

Author Topic: playoff participants  (Read 2019 times)

Offline avirex

playoff participants
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:49 PM »
recently dainub left cfc, and join AeF... so i asked in dt private if we should allow her to play in the playoffs (being we just played her when she was in cfc) or if i should make a post with our concerns...  not everyone in dt posted, but those who did dont see it to be fair...

then i asked peja his thoughts on it, being hes leader of AeF.. he does not think he will be using Dainub, because would not be fair other members that did participate to get to the playoffs...

but peja said this should still be discussed..... so here i am...

should it be legal for Dainub to play in clanners playoffs with cfc, leave them and join AeF (or any clan) and participate with them?... 

Offline TheKomodo

Re: playoff participants
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:54 PM »
We were discussing the same thing today avi, I totally agree with you, I personally think it would be lame, and I even said if daina did play in the PO I myself would pull out.

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:57 PM »
i dont even think new members in a clan that did not participate in the season should be able to play in playoffs... i have always had new dt members not take part in playoffs, i dont see it as fair...

but dainub's situation is even more unique lol..

basically,  peja all ready made up his made i believe (or you all did as a clan) i just think there should be some kinda of rule, or atleast mention for situations like this in the future.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01 PM »
like in football

Balotelli played in Champions League to Manchester City, he joined AC Milan, and he couldn't  play in Champions league for Milan in curresnt season.

She played in PO for cFc so she can't play now in PO for AeF. (In my opinion)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02 PM »
Avi is 100% right.

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:18 PM »
I don't see any reasons why she shouldn't be allowed to play.
I don't think it's the first time someone plays in a playoff game for a clan in which he didn't finish the season. I wouldn't be surprised for one if CAT/SKZ adds Breeze to their p/o selection even though he joined yesterday.

It's a little weird now, cause she already played for cfc in p/o as well, but yeah dunno... it sounds a bit weird to make a rule for it. She's part of our clan, IMO she can play it. Whether it's desirable, that's another thing.

We will be discussing this in private. As there's no rule atm, I guess it's still up to us to decide.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:22 PM »
It's a little weird now, cause she already played for cfc in p/o as well, but yeah dunno... it sounds a bit weird to make a rule for it. She's part of our clan, IMO she can play it. Whether it's desirable, that's another thing.

We will be discussing this in private. As there's no rule atm, I guess it's still up to us to decide.

Daina is so desperate to kick dt out, thats why she left cFc to join AeF! j/k :p

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:04 PM »
but Breeze not played PO in other clan in 31th season, but Daina 1stly played PO for cFc, and now she wanna play for AeF PO, maybe if We will eliminate AeF(but we won't xD) so maybe Daina will join us to play final with dt with us ? xD

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17 PM »
if breeze plays the playoffs, that will be fine... clans have done it many times in the past (i actually brought up a post about it before)

everyone feels its fine to have somone play in the playoffs, regardless if they are a new member

i try not to allow it in dt, regardless of the rules, but to each their own....

but HHC, lets compare apples to apples... dainub just got finish played dt in playoffs... she should not be allowed to play with AeF vs dt in more playoffs.. lol... but i dunno, i guess you see it differently

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:26 PM »
so maybe Mablak + Avi + Statik join ŚkZ for PO with AeF to pwn us in final ? xD

Offline Peja

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 10:49 PM »
thanks bart summed it up nicely. lolo avi thought we had a private theoretical discussion now you drag my words here xD. in fact, if aef wants her to play, it will happen, considering the fact it isnt forbidden. i have the feeling this discussion is going a bit one sided.
lets look at the main critic point, i guess its correct to generalize it with: "playoffs should be played by the players who were responsible for reaching them"

well in this case i have to say daina played as many games for aef in season 31 as mablak did for dt (or nino did for dt in season 30 where he took part in po finals)

which makes this thing a bit tricky is her participation for cfc in season 31 playoffs. she basicly would have 2 chances to win this trophy, but it is quite meaningless since it is a team and not a single competetion.

of course when you compare it to sports it sounds like a joke, but we are tus we never had regulations in this case. in fact if we make this rule now it would be used reactive since it already happened players took part in Playoffs  for clans where they didnt have been in the lineup during the season (watch kaleu playing season 29 playoffs for example)

it may not be the most fair thing to let daina play,  but imo we have the right to do it when i look at the past.

well i have to say i agree with avi we should have a rule for playoff participations though, and basicly i understand his point and think he is right, but for the moment we dont have any.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:53 PM by Peja »
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Anubis

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 11:05 PM »
We already agreed on the fact that having no games played for the clan but participating in the PO is okay, some clan leader allow it, some don't and it happened in the past so it's a lot more common. But this is a different case, daina already played for cFc PO and now she wants to participate again with AeF. This is a very unique case and should be looked at by staff imo. Never seen that in my entire Worms career happening that somebody lost clan PO and then joins another clan that is still in the PO to play PO again.

Offline franz

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 11:59 PM »
Haven't seen this before either, but I'd also lean toward ruling something like: If you participate in one playoff game, you can't play another playoff game for a different clan until next season's playoffs.  Still, it's such a unique situation that it may never even happen again.

daiNa if you want to voice your opinion, I'd encourage you to post too, since it's about you after all.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 12:15 AM »
Do we really need rules for this? Imo this situation should rely on a gentlemen's agreement not to use players, who previously participated in the playoffs.

Offline nino

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 01:59 AM »
it is really unique case, i would say she should not be allowedto play, but if staff and clan shes going to play say it is np, then it is np, got it? if you did np, if not, np ae xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.