Forums
May 13, 2024, 10:48 PM

Author Topic: Ropers Only League - Read please =)  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Chelsea

Re: Ropers Only League - Read please =)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Disable clasic league and open 2 new leagues:

Rope league :
Ttrr, roper, wxw, shoppa, Tower/big rr
Defaults league:
Elite, hysteria,  bng, team17 and aerial or normal

Offline biscuits

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Disable clasic league and open 2 new leagues:

Rope league :
Ttrr, roper, wxw, shoppa, Tower/big rr
Defaults league:

It is kind of a good idea... because the stats of people who only play rope schemes is going to be worse than if they just played rope games... cause they lose ground games, ya know? Same goes towards ground players who play rope games and lose them... cause it's not their thing...

Idk. We should put a poll up of what to do.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 04:33 PM »
I support a ZaR league as well.

For the record, Team17 isn't a modern scheme.
It has widely Improved since Senator's update of the scheme.

Multiple leagues would divide people though.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 04:35 PM »
its in my eyes a dumb idear =) cause players with special abilitys can chose their pick. i never void a game and if i think of elite and hyst or t17 its not the same not nearly.
most i enjoy elite and wxw . some pick bng thats nice too. what u are about is not tus =) ( worms ) a own rope league would nothen speak agaist but activity but if u try one OK
but dont change Tus its fine.

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 04:37 PM »
sumthen like Tel for ropers, i d not mind but if the regular Tus would become inacti than it d suck alot . tel is very inactiv too =(

Offline biscuits

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 04:38 PM »
I support a ZaR league as well.

For the record, Team17 isn't a modern scheme.
It has widely Improved since Senator's update of the scheme.

Multiple leagues would divide people though.

All of those in favor of a ZaR league, I don't think that would be necessary really. Leaving the rope league as TTRR/WxW/Roper/ZaR (instead of Shopper, but you can include Shopper as well just for total newbs) would be fine and just pick ZaR as your scheme choice vs your opponent. The only thing I would say is that leave Cave ZaR out of it.... just the default ZaR scheme would be nice to have included, you know... 2 island maps... 12s and no chute/zook only. It'd be a nice way to let opponents decide if they want to play somebody in a normal roper or a ZaR, or just choosing to play a TTRR/WxW. Definitely would be cool.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 04:38 PM »
Would it be possible to have separate leagues where the top players from each compete against each other in playoffs? So 4 qualify from each.

1st v 4th
2nd v 3rd
3rd v 2nd
4th v 1st

Higher ranked gets 5th pick as normal. So we are still competing for one overall TUS crown.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 04:42 PM »
Defaults league:
Yes, we'll call it "League of Chelsea's favorite schemes."  While we are at it, we should add kaos as well. :)

As long as we are proposing leagues, I've got the best idea yet.  We have a main "A" league, classic, I propose a "B" league, with all schemes that start with a B!

BnG
Battle race
Boom race
Bungee race
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:48 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 04:44 PM »
if there were 100players for each i  d agree. if the top 10 of these or some of em are allrounders and d play regular tus aswell i d agree but i think how it is i do not agree . its good to have tel =) but a rope league for biscuit ??? WHAT THE f@#!

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 04:45 PM »
i say set trl wxw and than set trl ttrr and than set trl roper and bis ll have a nice time !

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2016, 05:05 PM »
vesuvio please stop double posting. You can edit your post if it is in 1 minute period.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2016, 05:24 PM »
I still think we should set up a poll so we can all vote on something to be done. It seems like people actually want some kind of change. Although change isn't always a good thing..... you know the saying, if it ain't broke... don't fix it... but that's why I'm just seeing if a rope league can be added into the side of things so the TUS Classic scene stays how it already is but it just branches out for the ropers who still play... I wouldn't even mind offering to pay for a prize pool for the ropers like spleen mentioned, I'd help contribute with that.

I think it would be pretty neat and possibly keep some wormers to stick around... I know when I stopped playing in Season 47-48 (shit, I've been registered to TUS since 2009 and I first started being active playing games in I think Season 45?) it was mainly because I was tired of opponents not wanting to play rope schemes and always picking ground, or I wouldn't even get any points off beating someone in rope... But I also stopped playing due to inactivity with work, etc... which in April I will start to become less active as I have been this month of March, hence why I think a rope league that is just for fun and doesn't mean anything (point wise etc) is a great idea so people who can't play that much or don't have the time can just come on and still play a game or 2 competitively of a scheme they like.

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 05:29 PM »
ok MI  :D

Offline spleen17

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 05:35 PM »
I still think we should set up a poll so we can all vote on something to be done. It seems like people actually want some kind of change. Although change isn't always a good thing..... you know the saying, if it ain't broke... don't fix it... but that's why I'm just seeing if a rope league can be added into the side of things so the TUS Classic scene stays how it already is but it just branches out for the ropers who still play... I wouldn't even mind offering to pay for a prize pool for the ropers like spleen mentioned, I'd help contribute with that.

I agree, I would rather keep classic how it is. That is why if a roper league is set up I think the schemes should be slightly different to those already in tus classic, like ZaR, Wxw with health crates, big RR, etc. Just so that a) it doesn't sap activity from classic league, and b) doesn't create a situation where people are doing deals with each other to get higher ranking in whichever league they are prioritising. (Happens all the time in TEL, and happened in TRL wxw too, where people say "you report tus I report tel/trl"... it sucks imo).

Offline biscuits

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2016, 05:38 PM »

I agree, I would rather keep classic how it is. That is why if a roper league is set up I think the schemes should be slightly different to those already in tus classic, like ZaR, Wxw with health crates, big RR, etc. Just so that a) it doesn't sap activity from classic league, and b) doesn't create a situation where people are doing deals with each other to get higher ranking in whichever league they are prioritising. (Happens all the time in TEL, and happened in TRL wxw too, where people say "you report tus I report tel/trl"... it sucks imo).

Totally agree with this. Keep the TUS Classic scene around, add the rope league with the following schemes allowed to be played: TTRR/WxW (agree on playing the WxW zook only or with full weapons), Roper, ZaR Roper (No Cave ZaR), and maybe Big RR? Remove shoppa from it and leave it in Classic.

Anyone like that idea?