Forums
May 21, 2024, 01:18 PM

Author Topic: TRL  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Dub-c

TRL
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:43 AM »
We have a Tus Elite League, can we please have a Tus Roper League. I would love to be able to play another scheme as all I play is TEL right now.

Having TEL and not having TRL is racist in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:49 AM by Johnny »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Re: TRL
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 01:57 AM »
gogo TRL!!!

Offline mirux

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:29 AM »
TUS should have 1 scheme league division for the most competitive schemes only: Elite, Rope, RR, BnG, Team17.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:38 AM »
TUS should have 1 scheme league division for the most competitive schemes only: Elite, Rope, RR, BnG, Team17.

Lets stay on topic and worry about those other schemes later. Lets just work on Roper and TRL for now!  ;D

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 07:11 AM »
TBN xD

tus boom race league xD

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 07:17 AM »
TBN xD

tus boom race league xD

Make your own thread. K

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22 AM »
There are very fewer people who like to play a roper league and imo they are mostly ex-w2 wormers. Like you or TitiO.

And I don't think adding another league to our 3-league collection would be such a good idea, unless we change TEL to TRL (Rotated league) where we could change the scheme time to time, but I'll be assassinated by Elite-freaks as soon as I change Elite.

Anyway, that's my starter opinion. Convince me tus community :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 08:40 AM »
There are very fewer people who like to play a roper league and imo they are mostly ex-w2 wormers. Like you or TitiO.

And I don't think adding another league to our 3-league collection would be such a good idea, unless we change TEL to TRL (Rotated league) where we could change the scheme time to time, but I'll be assassinated by Elite-freaks as soon as I change Elite.

Anyway, that's my starter opinion. Convince me tus community :)
I find it very hard that you know that very few people like to play roper. You are already trying to bias peoples opinions. I don't want TEL changed to anything and I think that will confuse people from what I'm wanting. I want TEL to stay, I don't want a TEL vs a roper league discussion. I want TEL and ROPER. Roper is the most classic league scheme there is (bng also but there is a2b for that). People played roper way before any of those other schemes in TUS. Because of that, I believe it deserves its own league.

Maybe I'm living in the past and the community really doesn't care about roper anymore, but I hope not, hopefully people give their opinions.

Whats the activity level of the free league? 3 free league clanners so for this season WATCHOUT. About on average 10 games a day.

Tel averages over 25 games a day and 5 pages of clanners.

SO which league do you think is more important? Free league or TEL? and if one had to be changed to a roper league why would you say the TEL league would need changed?

Keep in mind I'm not asking for any league to be turned into a roper league.

I GUARANTEE, if there was a roper league right now, it would average more then 10 games a day and more then 3 clanners a season.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:51 AM by Johnny »

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 09:42 AM »
This is interesting, I remember XTC having a separate roper league, that turned out quite well actually. Well, some people will smack me in the face for saying that, but I never really liked the Free League... :-X I mean, it's a great thing that those schemes get a competitive platform, but the way it works now, it is the system of a classical league, both players pick a scheme, in which case, you have to be familiar with over 20 schemes to have a chance against your opponent.

Anyway, this is not a discussion about the Free League, if I was MonkeyIsland, I would change that to the Roper League and keep the Cups for such schemes. But that's no solution either. :( Adding one more league would be too much in my opinion.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 09:52 AM »
If not free league not me at tus [only cups and clanners]

Free league is the best ! so much better than clasic :P

lol if do trl so maybe tus t17 league tus shoppa league....... it's so funny  :D

trl - idiot idea

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10 AM »
I'm in favour of killing the free league (maybe add a misc-stat to the classic league, allowing players to choose other schemes when both players agree to it).

Adding another roper league would be too much. In that case I'm more in favour of splitting TUS into seperate scheme-leagues, the ones Mir mentioned.. but that would totally kill Allroundness :(

I think the cups already provide enough for those who wish to play 1 scheme only. If that's not enough you can try to get the highest rating in Roper (even though nobody gives a crap about that  :-[)

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 11:20 AM »
I'm in favour of killing the free league.
I was not brave enough to say it out loud like this, but I'm gonna join the line here: +1 for removing the Free League and either replacing it with a Rotated League or a Roper League.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 11:34 AM »
I think it should stay the way it is, it's a good idea from Johnny absolutely nothing wrong with showing enthusiasm and respect for a scheme, but surely we can't have single scheme leagues popping up everywhere now can we?

Classic League - For All-Round competition with single scheme statistics/standings, the most common and most popular on Wnet, always will be in any league.

Free League - For all those less popular and uncommon yet still challenging/interesting and competitive schemes, some people take it serious, which is good, but the majority who play it, just enjoy the less popular schemes at a more relaxed yet competitive level.

Elite League - The most popular scheme on TUS, with such global interest and challenge, this scheme deserves to have it's own league.

This is all we need in my opinion, things are running smoothly and extremely active at the moment, all 3 of these leagues see constant activity, even Free league is picking up, I don't see why Roper League is relevant, sure, people will play it, but nowhere near as much as Classic/Elite Leagues, I honestly think it's time to put the foot down and say no more new leagues.

It'd be a shame for all the people who really enjoy Free League and Elite League if you were to change them/get rid of them.

I honestly don't see why we need anything else really, does anyone else?

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Wow Komo, well put, really.

Well, if I was on a level with websites that I could make a league system by myself, I would maybe give it a try to create a separate league - with no intention of rivalry, really - but I'm just not on that level yet. :(

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 11:59 AM »
I vote a big YES for a roper league in TUS !

And if TUS doesnt want to open it, I can help to make a separate one.

+ Dub you should re-open a new thread with a more explicit title and a poll "Tus Roper League, vote"