May 19, 2024, 05:58 AM

Poll

Would you play in a Roper League ?

Yes
120 (53.3%)
No
105 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 223

Author Topic: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?  (Read 13158 times)

Offline beer

Re: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 12:29 PM »
Nah the poll should be "do you want a roper league". Most of the people who wont play a roper league are going to vote no, although this way the people who would play can vote yes, and the people who wouldnt play but would still like to see a roper league (like me) can vote yes as well. Its open to more yes votes the way it currently is.

Its true that its silly to vote no simply because you dont like the scheme. The question we need to ask is would having a roper league benefit TUS? In my opinion the answer is yes, unquestionably. There is significant interest already (50/50) and there are still many people who would like a roper league that havent voted yet. Having a roper league wont affect activity in the other leagues at all, the only thing adding a roper league would do is INCREASE overall activity, which is a good thing!

The thing is, if we have an elite league and a roper league, I dont see why we couldnt have an individual league for every other scheme too. Id like to see a roper league, Id also like to see a ttrr league, id also like to see a Team17 league! I dont know what happened to the plans for a rotated league, but maybe we could have a rotated roping league switching between ttrr and roper every two months. Or even better have both a roper league (TRL) and a ttrr league (TTTL)!

...but right now we're talking about a roper league, and I see no good reason not to add one to TUS. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain. If it proves to be inactive then you can simply get rid of it.

lol yea, thats why i voted NO, since i wil not play...
but if u ask, 'do u want a roper league' i would vote yes ofc

change it!

drama queen iz back

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29 PM »
Wtf guyz you should have vote YES then !!

Should I make a new poll "Would a roper league be benefit for TUS" ?

MI, could you tell us what you think about this :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 02:29 PM »
Right now, I didn't think it would be like 50/50. I thought the NOs would be like 90/10.
Last time I checked the vote log and it was all clean, I'm impressed :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2010, 02:41 PM »
 :D

I say you must try it, and as NAiL said, if its not working then just remove it =)

Offline beer

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2010, 03:47 PM »
MI let me change my voto, cose 'Would you play in a Roper League ?' i wouldnt thats true, but i would like to see a ROPER league on tus.. diferent things. u asked in dumb way dog fuk u!

drama queen iz back

Offline darKz

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2010, 03:56 PM »
I voted 'no' too, but that's because I'm inactive. Generally I don't see how a roper league could turn out bad for the site.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline flex

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2010, 04:06 PM »
If all inactive people vote no there's no wonder it has more no's auha

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Changing vote enabled. You can remove your vote now and vote again.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:10 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TitiO

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2010, 01:56 AM »
cmon guys. lets vote yes.. if u dont will play, juz dont play.. lol.. but have a lot of players that want... will be very nice a TRL

Offline OldBeast

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2010, 10:30 PM »
i voted yes, i want roper league!

Offline ANO

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2010, 11:08 PM »
me too, yea! I want it ;D

Offline magic

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2010, 11:47 PM »
gogo lets recall xtc roper league ;d

Offline Devilage

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Gogo.

Smoking proud.

Offline SPW

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 02:46 PM »
I guess I won't play in a roper league. But it doesn't matter what I think.

But there are a lot of people which just love roper. So give it a try. :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2010, 03:20 AM »
Btw I don't think the No voters matter at all, if we have 500 people voting and 400 vote No and 100 vote Yes. That would mean 100 people would most likely play the league active, I think that's more than enough to maintain a league with activity, right?

And MI, can't you enforce people to vote that visit your site when they log-in? You would get better results, I know some sites that, when you login, basically force you to vote. It really doesn't take a lot of time for someone to read 1 sentence and then decide yes/no. I think you should work on such feature for important votes like this.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:22 AM by DeathInFire »