May 24, 2024, 12:32 AM

Poll

Would you play in a Roper League ?

Yes
120 (53.3%)
No
105 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 223

Author Topic: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?  (Read 13183 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: TUS Roper League - Vote : yes or no ?
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2010, 03:34 AM »
Hmm. I tried asking people for just a tus roper and I think that is going to be a problem unfortunately. Getting people to agree to just one scheme will be hard since it will effect their overall rating. When it is going to effect their overall rating I think people are going to want to pick a scheme of their choice either based on points or on the scheme they will get the most points and they will have the best chance to win. May also lead to people picking and choosing who they decide to play only roper with.

For example: spw is 100 times better then me at elite. There is no way I'm going to agree to only play a tus elite with him when I'm 90% sure to lose. I'd much rather pick another scheme that I still get good points on and have a better chance of winning.

However, I will play TEL with him whenever I can. Losing against him in TEL is only going to effect my TEL rating and not my overall rating. I have no other way to get points in TEL unless I play him in TEL.

This example assumes that the player cares about his overall rating.

Does this make sense? I'm trying to think it all out.

Opinions?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2010, 07:37 AM »
It's cool avi, don't worry about it lol, but did I really say I wouldn't ever play TRL? I don't think I did, i'm sure I only said I didn't see the point in it at 1st, but if I did then fair enough, I support it now anyway that's what matters :)

Yeah it took some time for me to change my mind, cuz I seen how many people I respect really hoping for this league and Johnny said some things that got me thinking, and I also feel I can't turn my back on Ropers lol cuz if you think about it after all it's where WA all began for me :)

As for Johnny, either TRL or what MI suggested, either would be fine for me, TRL would be more special though.

Offline Rok

« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Was Elite at classic league affected after TEL release? Less activity?

just asking.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/seasons-info/

According to this, activity of classic league as a whole wasn't affected.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline avirex

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2010, 11:13 AM »
1 more thing i want to mention: komo, i believe it was you that said there is no chance that an oldschooler will come back just because of TRL, like Johnny had suggested is a possibility...

but i dont believe thats true....  there is a good chance somone will come back, or just start to play tus in general..

for example, mablak never played a tus single... but check him out on TEL....

flex is hardly active on tus, but ill bet he will pop in slightly more for TRL....

and im sure there are others i can think of....  just sayin.

Offline TitiO

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2010, 11:14 AM »
When the TRL will start ? :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2010, 12:11 PM »
Yeah but Mablak will get bored of TEL soon enough lol, ask anyone who knows him well, he always goes through phases like this, he'll probably even admit it himself :)

I hope he sticks with it though, and I hope I am wrong about the "oldschool" thing, I really do, I would love nothing more than to see all the old names and people I played with through my teenhood, heck it might even make me make a serious comeback.

I only really stopped playing Ropers because I got so angry with myself, I don't play schemes alot that annoy me easily, if you look at the TELs I played with os, god damn it was so much fun, but I got so angry at times lol, and those games with chuvash I just played, I actually slammed my head on the desk I got so annoyed at some stupid mistakes I made, I should have won those games with the advantages I had, like the last game, he tele'd and had 2 worms with 4hp, all I had to do was rope up and sg both, and I totally rushed it being overconfident I shot the 1st rope in the wrong place which was a slap to my own face lol, I had alot of fun though also but I suck at Elite and I know this, I do come out with great ideas though, and my BnG knowledge helps alot at times, but I am starting to enjoy Elite alot now, I just panic too much and don't know what I am capable of yet, I wish someone could train me a bit in Elite, i'd love to learn how to play serious, instead of just messing around hoping BnG can help me most of the time lol.

Anyway, to get this back on track I think TRL would really work and yeah, it could raise a few oldschoolers eyebrows at the least.

avi, I gave you +1 xD

Offline Devilage

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2010, 09:06 PM »
If TRL comes I'll buy a kb :D.

Smoking proud.

Offline avirex

« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2010, 03:33 PM »
buy some skills too my bitch :p

Offline nino

« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2010, 03:54 PM »
i changed my mind, i said i wont play it, but i cant w8 to own u noobs xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2010, 08:18 PM »
omg guys... tus classic ok, elite ligue ( eh ok ) but no more! roper ligue? meaby  ttrr ligue? , hysteria ligue, t17 ligue. Plz thats ShiT

Offline Devilage

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2010, 09:18 PM »
No need to buy em if I play against u maybe to other players, but u're always be my only bitch only till u go to the shadow tho some n@#!!! will smash ur ass out of me.

Smoking proud.

Offline flex

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2010, 10:16 PM »
auhauha

Offline BaNcA

« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2010, 03:12 PM »
as well as TEL, WHY not be TRL  ;)
BaNcA

Offline tita

Offline beer

« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2011, 07:39 PM »
omfg, lol @ tita Reputation: 73,

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

drama queen iz back