Forums
May 04, 2024, 05:23 AM

Author Topic: WN and TUS are getting nastier  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Ray

Re: WN and TUS are getting nastier
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 01:36 PM »
I give up. Whatever.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Ray, imo, whats happening here is a case of "we're getting older". By that I dont mean grumpy (not only grumpy at least :P) but also more mature and intolerant of trolling behaviour.

The reason you see it "getting worse" is because when you started worms and even entered TUS with everyone, you were still years younger than now, and when talking about someone entering their 20's, every year brings huge differences and changes.

Drama is the only means a teenager has in order to solve issues, in the same way that a baby cries, since they have not yet learned other ways of dealing with things (ofc there are those who are simply that stupid but those are mostly exceptions :).

Bottomline, ppl grow up and things change, you'll become more intolerant of this behaviour but you can learn to overlook it knowing that most of the ppl who cause mess now will later grow out of bad habbits.

Then again, I -or anyone for that matter- cannot make you tolerant/understanding, and you dont have to be either, but I think having the things I mentioned in mind helps.

Offline Ray

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Ray, imo, whats happening here is a case of "we're getting older". By that I dont mean grumpy (not only grumpy at least :P) but also more mature and intolerant of trolling behaviour.

The reason you see it "getting worse" is because when you started worms and even entered TUS with everyone, you were still years younger than now, and when talking about someone entering their 20's, every year brings huge differences and changes.

Drama is the only means a teenager has in order to solve issues, in the same way that a baby cries, since they have not yet learned other ways of dealing with things (ofc there are those who are simply that stupid but those are mostly exceptions :).

Bottomline, ppl grow up and things change, you'll become more intolerant of this behaviour but you can learn to overlook it knowing that most of the ppl who cause mess now will later grow out of bad habbits.

Then again, I -or anyone for that matter- cannot make you tolerant/understanding, and you dont have to be either, but I think having the things I mentioned in mind helps.
Yes, I think you are absolutely true, I noticed I have a very low tolerance level to stupid shit (George Carlin). :) I can just hope it's going to get better.

Although, I still think that what HHC was talking about in his topic is indeed an issue, that newcomers don't play the classic schemes anymore.

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24 PM »
times were so much worse when zippo was around than now. now camelo is happy 8)
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 04:57 PM »
dumb thread imo, sucks.

"WN and TUS suck"... no explanation just a cry. I play games each evening on WN, its fine. Somebody spams, ignore them, somebody acts dumb, ignore it, its fine.

WN and TUS is fine, you said it yourself Ray, you just lack tolerance and have an inability to shrug off "stupid" behavior. I remember your attitude in the past, Id describe that as "nasty". People mature, they grow up, they act less dumb, don't let it bother you, its your problem if it bothers you.

I also find it LOL how ropa says:

I informed the TUS staff of this issue the day it was born. If you welcome idiocy, idiocy will backfire.

I was banned and called a troll.

If you don't realize the irony: everyone is a troll now, and they're given a free card.

...insinuating he foresaw all this "woe" and the "destruction" of the community, and that it could have been "prevented" if action was taken earlier.

...then Cue says:

The more people in the community the better I say.  This is the internet.  We got a better bunch of people than a lot of other communities.

A lot of the dickheads are a bit younger maybe and will chill out more as they get older.

No point in worrying about it I say.

;O

Cue says what im saying, don't worry about idiots, just get on with your game.
This goes against ropa's original point of "idiocy backfiring" without action being taken earlier, yet he then says Cue's post "makes sense", contradicting himself:

See what I mean? Almost two posts in a row making sense but theredi got one in between.

Nothing has "backfired" the community is fine. Feel free to disagree, yet make it clear which side of the argument you are on.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:15 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 05:25 PM »
I don't know, I like you Ray, but I don't see the point of this thread.  In all reality, wormnet isnt nasty.  Get on xbox live and play a few rounds of call of duty.  That is nasty.  This is a tolerant community for the most part, and calling out one of the only people that makes it happen is irresponsible.  I'm not trying to play daddy right now and make everything okay for both the sides arguing, but at a certain point you have to examine what you are actually arguing about.  People seem to be entering the discusion for the sole expressed purpose of taking shots at komodo, ropa, or ray; and if there was some semblance of a discussion here, it died long before this thread got to the 2nd page.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 06:20 PM »
I don't think that many people have had a line of their posts quoted and replied twice, in two different posts, in the same page, by the same author.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 07:12 PM »
Try to get him to pay you royalties, ropa :)

Not sure what the thread is about, to be honest - those who say things are getting out of hand, say that something has to be changed, but nobody ought to be banned for it. Not sure what it is you would suggest then, though!
People tend to stick with their behaviour if it works for them and there's no negative consequence.
Personally, I would've liked to close a complaint topic without solving it if the person posting it was being a dick while posting :) Not sure if that would've been a popular decision, though.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49 PM »
I blame the oldschoolers for not being nasty enough to the noobs. Now they run wild infesting threads with their noob opinions and thoughts without being put in their place.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:33 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline nino

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54 PM »
iam sad  :(
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55 PM »
So what if people write stupid things in the community and act like idiots sometimes?  What if some people get away with some stuff too which other people don't get away with.

Let them get on with it I say.

It's only words isn't it?  In real life there are twats, on the internet there are twats too.

The more people in the community the better I say.  This is the internet.  We got a better bunch of people than a lot of other communities.

A lot of the dickheads are a bit younger maybe and will chill out more as they get older.

No point in worrying about it I say.

;O
At start it is, but then it's too late.
We just warn MI about that deadline.

WLC was going this way. Some years later, was over and the admin closed it for this reason. Just saying.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Ray

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22 PM »
NAiL, I didn't name this topic, I didn't even create it, I was just saying stuff in another topic and it got split with this title.

Offline Nullum

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 10:03 PM »
I meant that this site and this community and whole WormNET is full of stupid and childish people.
I´m agree with that

@Ray,
Every once in a while you take a tour on the forums crying about WN and end up name calling. I'm asking to leave it now.
And I´m agree with that too

Offline Shifty

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 10:41 PM »
nastier...hehe...
things like this prob why u get picked on. The wolves smell the sheeps blood aka (ray tears)

i suggest u play the sims.
[Slacker`l3x] dude
[MIGHTY`tanerR] they are retarded
[MIGHTY`tanerR] dont worry
[MIGHTY`tanerR] f@#! u
[Devilagel3x`ea] f@#! u two n@#!!!
[Devilagel3x`ea] and f@#! ur 2 worm
[MIGHTY`tanerR] my left nut hurts for some reason
[MIGHTY`tanerR] these two are noobs
[MIGHTY`tanerR] feel the powa of my nutsack
[Slacker`l3x] gird me
[Slacker`l3x] wtf
[l3x`HusH`rOd] taner never helps
[MIGHTY`tanerR] slacker
[MIGHTY`tanerR] find me a better opponent

Offline avirex

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Well if Nullum agrees, thats the end of this discussion!