Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:17 PM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23902 times)

Offline Sir-J

Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.0.1 released
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2021, 02:35 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:46 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2021, 02:43 PM »
This following(everything in bold, so there are no confusions) is based on if it was possible to detect 'WormKit Modules':

This is why I have so much respect for MonkeyIsland, most decisions are ultimately up to him, though he takes the time to read debates and come to his own decisions based on this, even sometimes a minority can make the most important points, other times the majority wins(usually).

The great thing about this website, people who create their own custom Cups and Tournaments could have their own house rules which allow or disallow the use of 'WormKit Modules'.

In my opinion, I think having a variety of options, would be more interesting than having it just one way or the other indefinitely.

This way those on either side can choose to try both sides, or purely stick to one.

Offline cgar

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2021, 02:45 PM »
Casual players should not be hindered from getting this because someone wants to force tedium on everyone. Especially when it's already possible. The module should just be updated to show for all teams without a message to match what is already possible.

Maybe also add an option to have your own team order printed into the lobby and chat. Then even those without can have the same benefit.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2021, 02:50 PM »
Maybe also add an option to have your own team order printed into the lobby and chat. Then even those without can have the same benefit.

The module will already let you know that the person is using it. The person can refuse to play, not bother or download the module as well. But having that option wouldn't hurt either.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2021, 02:56 PM »
Casual players should not be hindered from getting this because someone wants to force tedium on everyone. Especially when it's already possible. The module should just be updated to show for all teams without a message to match what is already possible.

Any player who doesn't want this should not be forced to use this because someone wants to impose their will on everyone. Especially when it's only already possible via 3rd party tools and shady methods, which we could possibly find ways to prevent instead of using that as the reason to extend that flaw.

Rather than use a weakness as your argument, it would be best to fix that weakness so it doesn't already exist, if possible.

As i've said countless times, it's better to cater to everyone, rather than purely one side, give the people who want to use this the option to use it, while giving the players who don't want it the option to remain that way.

I like this idea, as long as it's an option to be agreed on and not mandatory/forced.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2021, 03:03 PM »
If the opponent didn't have the module I would use a team like this: Worm 1, 2, 3 etc.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2021, 03:11 PM »
If the opponent didn't have the module I would use a team like this: Worm 1, 2, 3 etc.

Sure, that's your choice, though you would in turn be making it easier for them to keep track of, if you care about such a thing.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2021, 03:19 PM »

Sure, that's your choice, though you would in turn be making it easier for them to keep track of, if you care about such a thing.

It wouldn't be fair for me to see their team order and they don't see the order of my team.

I gave the idea too for the module only work (ie, you see the order of the enemy team) if your team were written like that, Worm 1, 2, 3 etc. Otherwise the module would not work.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:27 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2021, 03:28 PM »

It wouldn't be fair for me to see their team as Worm 1, 2, 3 etc., and they don't see mine in the same way. Using a module like this, I would have a team like this for these situations.

I gave the idea too for the module only work (ie, you see the order of the enemy team) if your team were written like that, Worm 1, 2, 3 etc. Otherwise the module would not work.

Oh, sorry my bad I thought you were replying in the sense if neither player was allowed to use the module in a league, that you would just write your own worms as 1/2/3/etc.

Yeah that's fine, my wish is that it can only be used upon agreement by all parties participating.

Offline cgar

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2021, 04:33 PM »
Any player who doesn't want this should not be forced to use this because someone wants to impose their will on everyone.
Any player who wants to use this should not be denied it because someone wants to impose their will on everyone

Especially when it's only already possible via 3rd party tools and shady methods, which we could possibly find ways to prevent instead of using that as the reason to extend that flaw.
Replays files are neither shady nor 3rd party. The replay format would have to be changed to make this impossible. But if anything it should be made more open, not less. To allow for more creativity from the community. Especially if anything people make just gets them flack from you. People should be encouraged to make cool things for the community not driven away.

Rather than use a weakness as your argument, it would be best to fix that weakness so it doesn't already exist, if possible.
Rather than refuse to acknowledge that this has been a common thing for people to do for years you want to instead suddenly lock everything down which will only serve to stifle people's creativity to make cool wormkits or make cool stuff surrounding replays. I am glad you are not an authority on this subject. Despite acting like you are

As i've said countless times, it's better to cater to everyone, rather than purely one side, give the people who want to use this the option to use it, while giving the players who don't want it the option to remain that way.
Are you speaking about yourself? That is exactly what this module would do! lol. That's what the message about its use is for. There is no message when someone uses the replay method. Or wireshark or whatever.

Maybe we should just summarize our points in a post each that we can update and keep itemized with each others rebuttals or something, instead of this needless back and forth.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2021, 04:35 PM »
-

Offline cgar

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2021, 04:37 PM »
People can already do it so banning it to protect leagues is pointless.

And closed source modules are a terrible idea. Open source ones can be audited much more easily for anything nefarious that could be added.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2021, 04:40 PM »
-

Offline cgar

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2021, 04:48 PM »
It's apparently that Komito doesn't like it and wants to force everyone to not be able to use it.

I posted a while back the proof:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/885176762085023784/885729174336180294/ezpzWormOrder.mp4

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2021, 04:57 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:47 AM by Rudolf289 »