Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:38 AM

Author Topic: Blacklist script  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Blacklist script
« on: November 07, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Hi guys, I will keep this short and I want to note that this is also a request thread for StepS and all the guys involved in Worms development.

So this is not directly related to W:A, but could be integrated, even though I doubt the developers would think it would benefit Worms app itself.

So basically, WormNET is awfully clogged with leavers and noobs these days, specifically rope scheme games related. And I'm sick of it. I actually started working on a blacklist, so basically every time someone joins, I check on a notepad file to see if the player is present and for what reason.
But as you can probably imagine, it can be a lot of work, especially when the list grows larger.

So I'm not asking you to integrate this, I'm asking you to provide me with something I can use to create it for myself and share with other players.

I have a lot of experience in Python and I've been googling for worms API for python, but as I thought, I couldn't find it.

All it basically has to do is check player names in the room, check if any of them match the blacklist, notify the owner and that's it.
Entries should probably be added manually since rope racing and other schemes would probably break the system as the players leave early so I guess my requirements are simple here.

Looking forward to your reply guys.
If nothing, can I be provided with info on creating wormkit modules so I can achieve it that way?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:45 PM by Marko »
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Sensei

Re: Blaclist script
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 07:22 PM »
My boy is growing up!!
Working on wormkit modules and shit..

Proud! f@#!ing proud!

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Blaclist script
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Yeah, next thing you see, new worms version and my name signed on it haha :D
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Husk

Re: Blacklist script
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:55 PM »
instead of holding grudges against other like minded worms enthusiasts, u could go talk to TheRapist

Offline ANO

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:23 PM »
I don't know you, but black list is a Nazi thing, I have smitten you just because there are too many idiots around.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 09:46 PM »
So basically, WormNET is awfully clogged with leavers and noobs these days, specifically rope scheme games related. And I'm sick of it.

Click me! :<

Offline Peja

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 10:19 PM »

james spader <3

Offline StepS

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 04:03 PM »
I had already made such a module in 2014, but there are some reasons why it was not published anywhere:
1) it uses the wkPackets API (yes, the only module other than WormNAT2 that actually makes use of wkPackets), and wkPackets as we all know is thread-unsafe and now deprecated and rejected by the latest WormNAT2. A rewrite that doesn't use the wkPackets API has to happen. This will make implementation more complex, but will remove instability.
2) it was made for a person who desperately needed it.
3) such a module could be controversial for common use. In the same way as in-game kicking modules are. This all is only possible because you own the game host.
So, it is already possible, but due to the concerns above you won't see it anywhere, at least for now. But before anything happens, point #3 has to be settled with the community.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 04:41 PM »
This is something I'd love to have.
My games gets flooded with noobs. Especially by Russians player ''A'' and player ''P'' lately.

I removed the in game sounds as well, not to be annoyed with joining and entering.
I asked steps how to remove the flashing WA icon on the taskbar. But I believe it led to more game crash when when minimizing and optimizing the game.

I asked Tomi if this could be possible with an auto kicker for host's game lobby. I was told it wasn't possible.
Good to see  that there is.

I don't think there's anything controversial about this feature. IF you don't want a particular person to join, you should be able to boot him, and booting them manually is a bit of a pain.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline yanme

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 08:11 PM »
Click me! :<

That video should be enough for everyone to avoid kicking noobs.

Many players can be very special/ annoying/ shitty/ whatever, by just having a bad day. Without saying any names, everyone can be annoying.

You shouldn't kick someone without talking to him, being huffy/ mad won't help the community. Everyone who like that game should try everything to bring newcomers into the game and fully integrate him.

Kicking him once might be fine to get the reaction "why did you kick me?" so the person is willing to understand the reason, so he might change his failures in the future.

Such Blacklist would just split the game into different kind of groups, i totally disagree to this idea.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Agree what you're saying yanme. I personally usually always trying to help newcomers. In few occasions spent more than 1-2 hrs in a game with total noob, just to show him basics and game accesories (tus, wmdb, worms2dinfo, wormkit, rubberworm, snooper...)
And many of those guys turned out to be cool to hang with, they've also been owning W:A in short period of time.

But let's be honest, 80% of those noobs (russia, brazil, poland..) after joining game just click on lightbulb and say: GO! Or quitts after first played turn without even trying to comprehend scheme and it's rules.
When you host too many games, after a while you kinda get numb and just kick ppl after seeing they're helpless non-english speakers.

Only way to solve this would be smth like "lobby translator", but we should wait for adequate ppl on that matter.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 09:20 PM »
Problem is, is that they come and return later in greater numbers. Which is really annoying.

I have tried at countless occasion to guide beginners, although some of the effort have been in vain. Because of their inability communicate properly or to be generally nice.

People who gets removed from a game lobby should be able to realize that he/she is not wanted. But not everyone accepts this, and keep rejoining in spite of not being capable of taking the hint.  This alone is not the host's fault but the person who persist.

Those who aren't capable of good English are often victim of not understanding, ergo their misinterpretation turns into self defense and become hostile.

It would not divide the community, the community is divided already with those with poor English like some Brazilians, Russians and  Polish.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 09:23 PM »
yanme, the problem is, not all people have good intentions. Some only join games to troll the shit out of anyone they see, and there's no counter-measures available.

Also, for the most schemes i host, I make a welcome message and manually send it to anyone who I don't know when they join my game. Like this:

Too sad this only helps in like 5% of cases, maybe less.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline ANO

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 11:23 PM »
black list is a thing for loosers, noobs, close minded people. Can't imagine something more sad than a guy who takes the time to write on a paper the name of "noob quitters", OMG auhauha guys, get a life, if you are frustrated there are tons of ways of getting out of your depression.
Anyways, if you think to continue with yr nerdlist, please add me to that, I dont think I could resist now that I know you are in such a pain for quitters uahuahuah

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 07:30 AM »
Also, for the most schemes i host, I make a welcome message and manually send it to anyone who I don't know when they join my game. Like this:
[attachment=1]
Too sad this only helps in like 5% of cases, maybe less.

Not trying to be racist here (and I'm going off-topic) but the 95% ur talking about are either Russians, people who don't speak English to the communicative level or they don't have/don't know how to 3.6.31.0 for Project X

As it goes to blacklisting, it may be effective, but I don't think it's the way to solve stuff. One may host a passworded game, but the password would be the rules.

Game hosted:
Shopper (Password = rules) | Password: cak
cak means cba afr ktl, for those who don't know

Also, WTF-8, can you give me this welcome message to PM, please?