Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:32 AM

Author Topic: Integrate TUS/leagues in W:A  (Read 3060 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Integrate TUS/leagues in W:A
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 01:05 PM »
You should take this matter step by step.
First of all, only two guys besides T17 have the source code of this game and it's highly unlikely that T17 is going to:
a) give the code to more people or
b) make W:A open source.
Now that we know that, what are the options? ... And what if they are too busy to do it? ... Exactly.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Or, how much would it cost, if even possible, to buy WA from T17? Imagine that, we all having shares in WA :D But seriously, you think they would ever sell the rights to WA?

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Make !League bot, like the RandomBot that was used during WO. I can't think of other alternatives... But the interface of !thing is rather dull, so TuS is far more user-friendly  ;D

Offline StepS

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 01:52 PM »
To compete in today's industry, you need at least a better looking game. 256-color palette won't cut it.
Age of Empires 2 (a 256-colour game released in 1999) strongly disagrees with you.
It's also joining esports soon.
All of this is without any support from the original developers, and patches with hundreds of fixes and features without any source code.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:06 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline nino

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Lets make a meeting Deadcode, Cybershadow , MI and Komo ofc lol, ill pay for this project and make it reality  :D :D :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 08:03 PM »
Are we talking Implementing a league & a ranking system? Because I would love to see more than that without sounding so demanding. Exceeding the 256 color palette and adding HD graphics without sacrificing the gameplay is something that would be nice. Of course nothing too fancy that will require a lot of extra work.

I know a lot of wormers that are good with music, so adding new soundtracks is something I could contribute too. But there are people who will come out and say ''I play my own music'' Sure that works but for newcomers and for those who do not tune on their own music would appreciate it.

Though there are people who will oppose to change because people in general don't appreciate change due to nostalgia. So when it comes to graphics update, maybe there should be a feature where you can switch it on and off.

I am willing too throw in a couple of bucks to make things happen yeah.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 07:45 PM »
The League/Funner thing would probably end up putting my "Ultra League" thing into the funners area, since that's what it basically is as of currently (Glorified Funners). I don't care, however; I'd just use the funners until they would add Ultra league to the list (they might or they might not, however.)
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline RIP

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Or, how much would it cost, if even possible, to buy WA from T17? Imagine that, we all having shares in WA :D But seriously, you think they would ever sell the rights to WA?
they never would have sold the shares of this game. though they and do not care about this game.if  it goes beyond the call I'll be ready to help financially. and I wanted to see public responses and information on the next game update.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:03 AM by RIP »
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 09:04 AM »
My wife's dad calls it mind masturbation.

Brb brain wank

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...