Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:01 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon TV : YouTube Channel Workthread.  (Read 10708 times)

Offline Free

Worms Armageddon TV : YouTube Channel Workthread.
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/WormsArmageddonTV

This is the official workplace for the upcoming "official" YouTube channel we're going to create as to promote WA. The more creative we can get, the bigger chance we have to go Viral and get huge interest. Most importantly let's keep this fun but still professional.

So far we're thinking of:

Streams from interesting and important games.
Good videos from WormTube.
Beginner-friendly tutorials.
The Big WA Guide which needs to be translated.
History of WA, what's the community like, what makes WA so great etc.
Getting personal with the players behind the screen, what it's like in the life of true worm-maniac. So audience can "relate" to them.

Keep them ideas coming. I still haven't decided of the name so name suggestions are more than welcome. I'm especially interested of the ideas how we could make a viral (hugely popular video) that's based around WA. Peja and Philie comes to mind as potential options for example.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.. and a viral video never hurts. ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:59 AM by Free »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Official Worms Armageddon YouTube Channel Workthread.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:34 PM »
I'd be willing to produce a soundtrack for this project, it can be multiple genre, and willing to collaborate with other artists/producers on WA and anyone who can play/record instruments/vocals.

Lol I can imagine Cueshark with his angelic Michael Jackson like voice, walking into the bar like "this is where I come to take the stress away after the TTRR challenges".

But seriously, this just feels right...

Offline GreeN

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:59 PM »
Balee is currently working on an extensive set of W:A tutorial videos: it may be a good idea to coordinate some ideas with him.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 12:22 AM »
we need humor shows, or smthing fun, because thats what most of ppl watching. it could be lets plays or shows, let me give you an example:  "top-10 shots of the week" or "worst shots of the day" etc

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:37 AM »
Yeah what Impo said is correct, Dota 2 also has a series of Top 10 Weekly and Fails of the Week, they're very popular on Youtube. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Peja

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50 AM »
those f@#!ers all steal the idea from the nba!

Offline cOke

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:53 AM »
Lol I can imagine Cueshark with his angelic Michael Jackson like voice, walking into the bar like "this is where I come to take the stress away after the TTRR challenges".

But seriously, this just feels right...

;D
HNN4EVA

Offline OrangE

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:51 AM »
great ideas guys. i love that "10 shots of the week" thing, ill work on it :D

Offline Free

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54 AM »
f@#! YEA GUYS!

Great ideas! I love the ideas so far!

Any name ideas for the channel? I'm going to create it today.

Name has to be AWESOME, but still easily relatable to WA.

Offline Free

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 02:19 PM »
Name some videos from Wormtube that you feel that deffo need to be on the YouTube channel, just name a few ones and we'll see the general opinion.

The Costage 2
http://wormtube.worms2d.info/109/the_costage_2

The Wormiverse
http://wormtube.worms2d.info/4/masters_of_the_wormiverse

Worms Armageddon Big Tutorial (preferably dubbed in english) http://wormtube.worms2d.info/106/worms_armageddon_big_tutorial

In The Matrix
http://wormtube.worms2d.info/66/in_the_matrix

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 02:35 PM »
I think we should have scheme specific videos also later on, use the old b2b video for BnG, I think there are some roping videos already out there? If not we can make one, the ea guys could do an elite video, Mablak/lacoste/dario etc could do one for intermediate, etc...

Offline Free

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:58 PM »
A mix of tutorial videos with amazing moves, is that what you basically mean?

Sounds sweet to me if they are up to it, I'm glad to work on elite version of it. If there's no interest from the top players of Intermediate, I'll be glad to work with that also, but I'm not the most experienced when it comes to it.

You wanna work on a mix of old b2b video and add some tutorial-side for it? Would benefit the beginners and probably most of us also. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Sure i'll see if some of the b2b guys are willing to work on something i'm still friends with some of them.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Dub that damn big-tutorial video already.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Waffle

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 03:42 PM »
I am currently working on animating the 4 Wormsongs (title songs of Worms games).
Each Wormsong is one Video
I'm still working on the first scene and I just restarted the project, because i want to use a different 2D-animation software.
But I already know exactly how each scene is going to look like.
I make the Voice-Acting, the drawings and some of the music.
I could need some help with the music later...

The reason for all this is that I felt something listening to those great songs. I actually think they are really emotional if you think about them, but it's hard to do so the way the narrator of the original songs is speaking (fast and unaccented).
Therefore and because of the fact that many people don't know the wormsongs at all, it's my self-imposed duty to share what I feel and see when I listen to them songs.

The current plan is to release the first animated Wormsong in the middle of may and it would be great to have it on that youtube channel.
This first movie will leave some questions open, which will keep unanswered until the very last movie.
Sorry for that, but you will need to wait quite a while for the last one..