Forums
May 07, 2024, 11:13 AM

Author Topic: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?  (Read 8372 times)

Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Why not? I mean shit's like not even 10% done I'm sure it would come faster if we actually funded it instead of sitting here doing nothing expecting other people to work for free.
Here comes the snow

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Can't we just donate to make 4.0 come faster?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 06:34 PM »
We would love to but from what i've heard they simply don't have the time cuz they have like, you know, lifes...

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:36 PM »
4.0 is looking like a lost cause. Still waiting for a hotfix for the gravestone selection bug...

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 02:19 AM »
I would support this.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 04:58 AM »
$100 would not help, need much more. R U Rdy? I guess you are not.

Offline raffie

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 01:51 PM »
From what I've read on the wiki the intent was/is to create a new WormNet incompatible with the current WormNet (because it was to have secure login andso-on...), which would probably mean closing down the older one. This would mean the death of mods like rubberworm and PX. Sure the rubberworm features could be implemented in 4.0, but PX would be lost. If that would be the case I say no thanks to 4.0, I would prefer PX to be maintained and updated, and kept compatible with newer WA versions.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 02:14 PM »
I don't even consider PX part of the game, sure I respect it and the work certain people put to it, but anything that can't be played as a standard part of the game is useless to the majority of players, at least until the point where it can be merged with the standard game as simply as installing the 3.0+ patches.

Offline raffie

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Sure Komito I know many ppl think like you, I can only say I've been playing PX for years and I can't even imagine WA without PX anymore, it's literally all I play, there are so many different kinds and fun PX schemes. Any time you think, well if only Worms could be like this or like that, or if only this was possible, well it all IS possible with PX. :)

I'm certain this counts for many of you: once you go PX, you never go back. Ppl just don't realize the possibilities.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 04:34 PM »
We realize the possibilities, it just isn't convenient enough :(

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 07:48 PM »
Here's my idea: carry over the old wormnet channels in-name only. That way, we can still have a #PartyTime and a #AnythingGoes. Also, make PX & Fiddler files convertable into FiddlerX (or whatever it's going to be called) files. Plus, you can have WA 3.x replays be compatible, which would especially help Worms Armageddon archives.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 01:01 AM »
Sure Komito I know many ppl think like you, I can only say I've been playing PX for years and I can't even imagine WA without PX anymore, it's literally all I play, there are so many different kinds and fun PX schemes. Any time you think, well if only Worms could be like this or like that, or if only this was possible, well it all IS possible with PX. :)

I'm certain this counts for many of you: once you go PX, you never go back. Ppl just don't realize the possibilities.

The base game is good enough, never thought any of the PX features and schemes impressed me.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 01:50 AM »

The base game is good enough, never thought any of the PX features and schemes impressed me.

+1

PX can be good and stuff, but it is still unstable graphic-wise (it makes the game lag, for example, or several details are lost while moving the screen rapidly). It has fun schemes and all, but I don't think we're talking about a majority here (it works with democracy, right?...)

By the way, I think that people should be thankful of the actual state of the game. What else can you ask for? We've got a good server, plenty of schemes, features and gamemodes, maps, replays (Even PX, amirite, Raffie?, and gexgeko, etc...) We've got this great page named TUS, too... Why don't you stop a moment and think about the people that have been working on the game? It isn't like they only work for the money. No. They could be working in something else and earning a ton of money (for example, StepS); remember this game is (20?) years old. They don't need money exclusively; they need time, patience, and a good pack of programming knowledge. There isn't even a reason for them to be working in this game.  Instead, we can all work on having a better community: we can stop booting noobs out of the games without giving them a reason, we can start telling people what the rules are... That way we can grow a better community. We've got to work with what we've got right at the moment.

The only thing that we could use help with at the moment, are the cheaters. They've been around for a while.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline DMT

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 02:17 AM »

+1

PX can be good and stuff, but it is still unstable graphic-wise (it makes the game lag, for example, or several details are lost while moving the screen rapidly). It has fun schemes and all, but I don't think we're talking about a majority here (it works with democracy, right?...)

By the way, I think that people should be thankful of the actual state of the game. What else can you ask for? We've got a good server, plenty of schemes, features and gamemodes, maps, replays (Even PX, amirite, Raffie?, and gexgeko, etc...) We've got this great page named TUS, too... Why don't you stop a moment and think about the people that have been working on the game? It isn't like they only work for the money. No. They could be working in something else and earning a ton of money (for example, StepS); remember this game is (20?) years old. They don't need money exclusively; they need time, patience, and a good pack of programming knowledge. There isn't even a reason for them to be working in this game.  Instead, we can all work on having a better community: we can stop booting noobs out of the games without giving them a reason, we can start telling people what the rules are... That way we can grow a better community. We've got to work with what we've got right at the moment.

The only thing that we could use help with at the moment, are the cheaters. They've been around for a while.

How to get rid of the cheaters lol

Offline Godmax

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01 PM »
What we need and only need is the possibility to continue matches via replay files.

Offline Triad

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 01:40 PM »
What we need and only need is the possibility to continue matches via replay files.
Not from replay, but from dropped game. Otherwise some cheater would continue from replay until they have some nice result. Basically when someone drops, there should be an option for pause the game and wait. When dropped guy joins wormnet, wormnet should give a notification like: "The game you have disconnected from is still on, do you want to rejoin?"