Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:22 AM

Poll

If Worms Armageddon was made available for purchase on Steam, would you buy it?

Holy shit yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for ages and I'd buy a 4-pack for me and my friends immediately!
27 (29.7%)
Yes. The extra comfort (easy purchase, no CDs, automatic updates) and larger player base alone would make it worth it.
23 (25.3%)
Not sure. It would depend on the price, the features that would be added and a bunch of other things.
14 (15.4%)
No. The game is fine the way it is and there's no need for a rerelease. Please don't split the community.
22 (24.2%)
Hell no! I'm not giving T17 my money and I think Steam sucks. If I had to, I'd just pirate it or find another game to play.
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...  (Read 12558 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: If WA Was Rereleased on Steam...
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15 AM »
Mario is back to 2D now. I hope to see other games returning to that idea as well (mainly strategy games like the Total War series and what not). Even sport games could be really nice in 2D, that's what i'm saying.

With all the cpu power not wasted on 'superfluous' eye-candy like super detailed 3D graphics they could put more effort in gameplay, customisation, online play and mod-ability. Things that are really valued by the players who actually play the game (rather than the noob reviewers who just go by looks).

To me, games do not need to be 100% copies of real life. You can use 'symbols' as well that represent real life 'ideas' and figures. You know, I don't need to have a figure with a head that looks exactly like Ronaldinho's face, a simple puppet with his name is even enough to get the idea.

Retro graphics, and 2D is just being popular again because the current "new" (teenagers) generation never got to see games in that perspective. They grew up with 3D and thus 2D is not actually a step back but a step in a different way to play games again. You want total war in 2D? Go grab Shogun Battles. xD Just kidding.

Mario did 3D very well, in fact I'd say especially the N64 3D Mario is still today the best Jump n Run ever made, 2D and 3D combined. And since they built on that success with Galaxy Sunshine etc. it would be logically to go 2D again since that same approach gets boring and 2D feels "fresh" again. I am not really believing that developers realize "oh, well 2D is better than 3D", instead just think 2D could potentially sell better in that particular genre.

Speaking of good transition. The new 3D XCom seems to be good too, gonna grab it tomorrow. :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:19 AM by DeathInFire »

Offline Breeze

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56 AM »
I don't care about graphics or eye candy either.  Game engines and mechanics are what hook me to games.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2012, 09:50 AM »
You're all wrong.

The only reason 2d is big now is the birth of casual games as a power to be taken into account in sales thanks to the appearance of digital distribution.

Nothing more.

3D in videogames is a gift and I was only responding to the demagogy of HHC.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2012, 10:11 AM »
You're all wrong.

The only reason 2d is big now is the birth of casual games as a power to be taken into account in sales thanks to the appearance of digital distribution.

Nothing more.

2D and indie games are for the boom in popularity of tablets and smartphones. IMO.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31 AM »
You're all wrong.

Nothing more.

2D and indie games are for the boom in popularity of tablets and smartphones. IMO.

Yup, that's the reason. Digital distribution has been around for ages, it's the recent (and ongoing) advancement in the mobile devices field that caused it.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Yeah, the advance in mobile technology has helped.

But like I said, it's been birth of the modern casual gamer (the one smart enough to buy off digital distribution). This new type of client does not only download games to his mobile, there's also Apple store for notebooks, desktop PCs, tablets, there's also PStore, there's Xbox Live, there's Steam.

And with the change of habits, moms, dads and sisters are now all loging in to these websites.

Like I said, that be the reason.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2012, 12:32 PM »
I already made a smaller post about this on another topic but:

I would buy it as a CD version just because I like having them.. However, I like having a steam library so I don't have to use the CD. Weird eh?

When it comes to features and community, I'd like it to be connected to what we have now. I didn't even know that was an issue? Hm, well if it is. I'd go with the CD+what we have now. I have it pirated now but just because I was itching to play but I'm going to get it legally.. Because Team17 deserves it, even though their recent games aren't to my liking.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Did T17 re-release WA as a stream version then and we've seen more players purchase and come back?

Offline Prankster

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Because Team17 deserves it

I'd buy it preferably if CyberShadow and Deadcode would get some money of it.

Offline StepS

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23 AM »
Did T17 re-release WA as a stream version then and we've seen more players purchase and come back?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/217200
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline CuSticK

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2012, 06:47 AM »
I just want rope league back!
xACx mofo!

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Because Team17 deserves it

I'd buy it preferably if CyberShadow and Deadcode would get some money of it.

This ^