Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:22 AM

Author Topic: it has been suggested...  (Read 1097 times)

Offline avirex

it has been suggested...
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:52 AM »
cant hurt to raise discussion again...

i would really like to see a more professional TUS theme...

something not so "wormy"....

let me re-phrase that, something not "wormy" at all ;)

i know that would be the last thing on MI's to-do list, but maybe someone else with these skills, knowledge, and some free time could draw something up.

Offline HHC

Re: it has been suggested...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Perf made a nice design a while ago, but the project got stuck in the mud somewhere down the line. I think he's too busy now, so might need a new dude for that.  :-[

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 04:58 PM »
But Perfect's design was also "wormy". The closest thing we have now is Elegant by THeDoGG.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 05:01 PM »
There's wormy wormy and professional wormy, totally different!

Dog's elegant also has a pica of a worm. So that's wormy professional I guess.

I used elegant once or twice, but some functions don't work there? Think I had some problems with checking the latest forum posts on that one, so I switched back :)

And I don't mind this old wormy design. When things get changed people prolly complain about why everything's not like in the old wormy design  :-[ Least I will.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Off topic: MI, how many maps have you added to TUS mapdatabase? 10 000? I was finally uploading some maps yesterday, and 100% of the maps that were already in the database, had been uploaded by the same guy.. MonkeyIsland :P And they were all uploaded in a september/oktober 2012

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 05:14 PM »
@topic,
Making a "Toogle" design is on my list. But gotta code other things first.

@Crazy,
Got those from Mablak when he wanted to create his giant mappack :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 03:05 AM »
Yeah perfect had a great design based on worms(and is very buys with the military and work), this is the ultimate worms site... Why would it not be wormy? I think an effort to make a non worms related design is a waste of time, just my two cents though.
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline rU`

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 02:07 PM »
I think an effort to make a non worms related design is a waste of time, just my two cents though.

^ This post was a waste of time.

Perhaps we all want a not-so-wormy theme so that when we're at work, noone knows that we're surfing on a worms web site. Something more minimalist.

I use TheDogg elegant, but it still looks kinda wormy. Maybe something simpler like the old firstblood site.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline ANO

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46 PM »
Yee, something like this http://fubclan.altervista.org/forum/
A bit of worms and a bit of boobs, to be balanced auhauhuah

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:01 PM »
ropa was a very skilled web designer, anyone remember his sites @geocities?

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:59 PM »

Offline StepS

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 09:30 PM »
here u go twy
all of the links are dead, but Web Archive may still have them!
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]