Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:15 PM

Poll

Would you play a scheme with speedy rope?

Yes
10 (52.6%)
No
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Let's talk about the ninja rope  (Read 3904 times)

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Let's talk about the ninja rope
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2020, 12:20 AM »
tweening goes nyoooooooooooooooom

Offline Kradie

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2020, 09:49 PM »
I have taken the liberty to alter DawgyStyle's scheme aka LilScrappy94 version.

All I did was to enhance the speed of rope.

You can examine it by downloading my game replay.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2020, 11:00 PM »
Back in the days of xSpeed and MagicSpeed or whatever it was called you could either slow down or speed up the rope. I quite liked the speedy (1.5x speed) and played a bit on that for a while and when going back normal speed felt like slow motion and it improved myself, it certainly makes you react faster because you have to. The physics would be the same, the game just ran faster. Another interesting thing about ever changing (slight) settings is this fact: You actually become better if you constantly change your input slightly.

https://cochranemusic.com/guitar-muscle-memory-speed

We basically have a cognitive phase, an associative phase and an autonomous phase. When you "master" the rope you are only working in the autonomous phase, you don't learn anything anymore and just do what you learned. During my "career" I often switched keyboards, modding of keys, how to tap, made entire aliases that focus on one aspect of roping. I basically always returned to the associative phase and autonomous phase back and forth. Hell I even entered the cognitive phase by altering the actual game engine. In my opinion all this fiddling was strengthening my skills, you get worse for a while but come back stronger. You don't forget your old skill sets, you also never "unlearn" how to walk, run or ride a bike. You just don't. I stopped playing basketball for 5 years, and when I started I could still shoot 3 pointers just fine, a bit rusty but returned to normal just fine. So in my opinion the true key to master something is to always challenge yourself, mix it up. You are good with your right hand? Now stop using it and use your left etc. I remember in my starting days of fingerroll I would try to beat my own fingerroll on left vs. right hands. Like with these old tapping meters that measured your speed. I would have like 200 taps on left hand and then try to beat it on right hand and so on.

yes sure, repetition will and can get you closer to a goal (like beating a time) you will get more consistent and consistency alone can (will) improve you,... but the true road to overcoming your limits is to think outside the box and challenge your mind and brain ever so slightly that it has to adapt, and learn and discover new skill sets that you can integrate in what you have already learned.

And to answer the thread, yes I would.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 11:13 PM by Anubis »

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 12:02 AM »
help me guys, cant remember the command for change the ninja rope colors haaalpp

Offline Sensei

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2020, 01:57 AM »
help me guys, cant remember the command for change the ninja rope colors haaalpp

It was /colormod.
It's no more.

Offline LilScrappy94

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2020, 08:15 AM »
Back in the days of xSpeed and MagicSpeed or whatever it was called you could either slow down or speed up the rope. I quite liked the speedy (1.5x speed) and played a bit on that for a while and when going back normal speed felt like slow motion and it improved myself, it certainly makes you react faster because you have to. The physics would be the same, the game just ran faster. Another interesting thing about ever changing (slight) settings is this fact: You actually become better if you constantly change your input slightly.

We basically have a cognitive phase, an associative phase and an autonomous phase. When you "master" the rope you are only working in the autonomous phase, you don't learn anything anymore and just do what you learned. During my "career" I often switched keyboards, modding of keys, how to tap, made entire aliases that focus on one aspect of roping. I basically always returned to the associative phase and autonomous phase back and forth. Hell I even entered the cognitive phase by altering the actual game engine. In my opinion all this fiddling was strengthening my skills, you get worse for a while but come back stronger. You don't forget your old skill sets, you also never "unlearn" how to walk, run or ride a bike. You just don't. I stopped playing basketball for 5 years, and when I started I could still shoot 3 pointers just fine, a bit rusty but returned to normal just fine. So in my opinion the true key to master something is to always challenge yourself, mix it up. You are good with your right hand? Now stop using it and use your left etc. I remember in my starting days of fingerroll I would try to beat my own fingerroll on left vs. right hands. Like with these old tapping meters that measured your speed. I would have like 200 taps on left hand and then try to beat it on right hand and so on.

yes sure, repetition will and can get you closer to a goal (like beating a time) you will get more consistent and consistency alone can (will) improve you,... but the true road to overcoming your limits is to think outside the box and challenge your mind and brain ever so slightly that it has to adapt, and learn and discover new skill sets that you can integrate in what you have already learned.

amen  :-*

Offline Kradie

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2020, 01:49 PM »

Nicely put there Anubis :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2020, 07:44 PM »
I hope you guys have tried the tweened rope, Komo, Anubis, and everyone else who's ever enjoyed roping. Even if you play on a 60Hz monitor, those extra 10FPS mean a world of a difference. And roping at higher than 100FPS? Forget it, you'll never go back. :D

I am only a little sad the update hasn't come out sooner, since the feature has been working for a while now. My only wish is for a roping renaissance from now on.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2020, 10:00 PM »
I am trying out the new rope now and it might be my imagination but it feels like latency is worse now than it was before. The animations themselves look smoother but I noticed that I am falling a lot more than usual.

Offline Triad

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2020, 10:51 PM »

Quality post, very good points.

Offline ovonildo

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 02:08 AM »
Me and Slip made a PERFECT SCHEME from roper and big rr

We came from worms 2 as all know, so we have schemes, maps etc.. then we have this update and all changed. So we thought about "How we can help who like plays with more speed and no change INSIDE THE GAME (rubber inside the worms).

So we made 2 schemes that dont change NOTHING INSIDE THE GAME, but is more faster then last update.

1 - We changed the ZAR BIG RR ( We know that its yours, Kradieeee haha).

- 30 seconds;
- Zooka
- No chute

2 - We changed TUS Big RR

- 40 seconds
- No weapons
- With chute

All this schemes were made just to HELP with who like plays more faster than usual way :)

Again: We used ZAR BIG RR scheme to make this scheme (all credits from they) and TUS Big RR.

You can teste here if you want. I believe all you'll love it!

Tell us what you think about after play, ok?

(Sorry about my terrible english)

PS: we didnt change speed and NOTHING inside the game :) so you can play and test all the ways.
* TUS Big RR v3.8.rar (0.17 kB - downloaded 28 times.)

* ZaR Big RR v3.8.rar (0.17 kB - downloaded 26 times.)

* roper v3.8.rar (0.16 kB - downloaded 24 times.)

Offline LilScrappy94

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 04:59 AM »
We came from worms 2 as all know, so we have schemes, maps etc.. then we have this update and all changed. So we thought about "How we can help who like plays with more speed and no change INSIDE THE GAME (rubber inside the worms).

So we made 2 schemes that dont change NOTHING INSIDE THE GAME, but is more faster then last update.

Im curious to know what option did you change.
But yea, you totally changed the game.
Im not sure what do you mean by "We didnt change anything, just speed", but actually you totally change the rope physics and you unbalanced classic wa roper.

I play a lot of speedy games lately, there is only one way (I guess) to speed it up "Without changing the initial balance" : Game engine speed.
All attemps to increase speed by changing stuff like gravity, rope speed, air friction... Will totally change the rope physics that we all know on wa.
I personally like a lot speedy games but i hate changing the roping style.

Offline ovonildo

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 05:09 AM »

Im curious to know what option did you change.
But yea, you totally changed the game.
Im not sure what do you mean by "We didnt change anything, just speed", but actually you totally change the rope physics and you unbalanced classic wa roper.

I play a lot of speedy games lately, there is only one way (I guess) to speed it up "Without changing the initial balance" : Game engine speed.
All attemps to increase speed by changing stuff like gravity, rope speed, air friction... Will totally change the rope physics that we all know on wa.
I personally like a lot speedy games but i hate changing the roping style.

Who knows me and all guys who came from worms 2 has ideia how we play. In worms 2 is this the way to play :) like as said: we changed to be more faster then original scheme (tus, for exemple).

Our friend (Hulk) made to us a scheme (last version) with rubber to remember w2 schemes, so we just got that scheme and change for big rr. The roper's scheme already changed before. Just me and my friend have played it. Then i saw a lot of players complaim about gravity, speed, friccion etc. So we tought to make a scheme based on OUR scheme from worms 2.

So yes, we put ZAR scheme and TUS scheme and changed based in our last version (worms 2 roper) and here we are lol.

It's just a new way/another way to play fastier different as another plays were made. They changed speed when u can see left button (1.3x speed) etc etc.. If you play this scheme you wont see nothing like that :) Understand? I'm not put this way to substitue the original scheme or something like that.

We just put our last scheme and changed to be "like" all players were talking about. In my opinion got better than anothers schemes, but it's my opinion :) for me it's more clean and easy to play.

Sorry if my last post showed something different :) if you download i hope you like it

PS: WA roper's scheme is so HEAVY. So yes, its totally different to me and my friends :B And yes, our idea were modify this scheme and play similar worms 2 roper scheme and we did it! For us it's better (10000000000000000000x better haha). (:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:14 AM by ovonildo »

Offline LilScrappy94

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 05:12 AM »
So yea, its more some w2 scheme than speedy scheme.
And yea you changed the game to w2 physic.

I tried it, didnt like it and I was just suprised you keep repeating you didnt change anything

Offline ovonildo

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 05:17 AM »
So yea, its more some w2 scheme than speedy scheme.
And yea you changed the game to w2 physic.

I tried it, didnt like it and I was just suprised you keep repeating you didnt change anything

Unfortunately, I can't speak English enough to try to make you understand my point, but no problem. If you played and didn't like it, no problem. The scheme is nice to play, it does not change the speed of the worm as seen in the lower left corner of other schemes (1.3x) etc. etc. I won't be able to explain and it's okay lol

Edit1:
But I understood what you meant and I will try to explain it anyway with the google translator. Our scheme was changed before update 3.8 with rubber to be similar to worms 2. So, the SAME scheme was not changed in version 3.8. That's what I meant. Sorry if I couldn't explain this correctly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:23 AM by ovonildo »