Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:03 PM

Author Topic: MapGEN v0.8.7.2  (Read 55832 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: MapGEN v0.6.3
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Hi there!
How would you usually do this on non-mapgen maps? Is it just a case of using more palette? Out of interest, why would you want to remove them?

Much more pleasant to do BnG matches without soil. No invisible pxls etc. Guys with low quality monitors (like myself) appreciate that.
Since Husk showed me how to do it with regular maps, I host all my games enabling that png feature.

If anyone is interested, gonna make you tutorial with 2-3 steps how to do it.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2016, 12:01 AM »
Fair enough, if you post a link explaining how to do it with normal maps, I will try and add it when I get a chance.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2016, 12:59 AM »
Fair enough, if you post a link explaining how to do it with normal maps, I will try and add it when I get a chance.

Please make it an extra option, not a mandatory thing, cuz I don't actually like maps that way.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2016, 07:03 AM »
No worries, I would probably put it in the options, or, if space, next to time save button.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2016, 07:57 AM »
Cool mate thanks :)

How are you getting along with the other suggestions I gave? Manage to do any that?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01 AM »

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2016, 12:51 PM »
Ah ok, you are converting it to a png map, and I guess it is using as much palette as it can to keep the look. MapGen currently tries to minimise the palette to keep as much background / sky as possible. A number of colours option will probably cover it then.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Is there a way to add this into Mapgen? So there'll be guys who want full sky color and others who want soil free game.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2016, 01:13 PM »
As i niticed, PNG versions uses 97 colors, which means no soil. 96 colors or less = soil will be. Less colors = better soil's look, coz the main map borrows color cells from soil. Also after 100 colors the background gradient starts to get screwed due to same reason - color cells borrowing. It will be espesially noticeable if the map contains 113 shades of red while  the background choosen blue - it will look purple, coz borrowed cells from the background are red while they supposed to be blue.

Something like that.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2016, 11:44 PM »
while  the background choosen blue - it will look purple, coz borrowed cells from the background are red while they supposed to be blue.

Something like that.

Hmm this is screenshoted 5 mins ago. No soil, but no pink background also.

Guess it depends on terrain you make png for. On old forest it's pink.

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2016, 12:12 AM »
Cool mate thanks :)

How are you getting along with the other suggestions I gave? Manage to do any that?

I've not had much time to look I'm afraid, I will get round to it eventually though!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2016, 03:19 AM »
while  the background choosen blue - it will look purple, coz borrowed cells from the background are red while they supposed to be blue.

Something like that.

Hmm this is screenshoted 5 mins ago. No soil, but no pink background also.

Guess it depends on terrain you make png for. On old forest it's pink.

It doesnt look like 100+ colors. Cant check myself coz JPG, not PNG.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2016, 05:51 PM »
How about quad caverns?

That's going to be an interesting spin-off for Team17 scheme :D

While I'm here, I will throw some suggestions:
- Allow custom themes for BnA,
- Add ability to manually type the size of the map,
- Allow generating maps with size less than 1920x696 (that's already here, but instead of adding 1 each roll, add 8)
- Allow scrolling on map size sliders to add/subtract
- Make WxW maps!

EDIT1: Looks like the program crashes when I try to generate WFW map. I'm using win10
Also, you haven't explained every single thing on worms2d.info about the maps. Speaking of which, how does the wkMapGEN WormKit module exactly work?
EDIT2: Ummm... there is something wrong with downloads on worms2d.info page. On the side, there's download for 063, but at the Downloads section there is 064. wat?!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:20 PM by KarBoy2314PL »

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! I will take a look next time I get a chance. The crash is particularly worrying!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2016, 04:12 PM »
I dont know how difficult it is to implement and how important it is, but, would be better not to overlay the map with black pexels, but invert them. See the pics.