Forums
May 15, 2024, 09:51 AM

Poll

Should it be legal to place markings on or near your monitor, as visual aids (in schemes like BnG)?

Yes
17 (32.1%)
No
36 (67.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Markings on your monitor- okay or not?  (Read 10084 times)

Offline StepS

Re: Markings on your monitor- okay or not?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 12:04 PM »
What do you think about /reaim feature in RubberWorm? It resets aim every turn. Since everyone who plays classic/free league has rubberworm installed now, that shouldn't make a problem. And that would be more fair I think (also to note that RubberWorm is already included in the upcoming beta update).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:47 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Steps, its not like every player wants secondary programs/modules to play the league, im guessing a lot of people would be pissed if they had to, including me, so slow down please with all those PX/Rubber for everyone. Also reaim isnt the problem.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Peja

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 12:36 PM »
hm from the metaphysical pov i cant see much sense creating a rule which cant be accomplished.
following the rule would only depend on the peoples morale, so kinda the same as having no rule.

i would feel total stupid doing marks on my screen or using my thumb. on the other hand how to draw the line? lacoste says using marks sucks but using thumb is ok, although the sense of both methods is the same.i think it will only cause trouble when we try to make rules for something which doesnt belong to the game itself.
why not banning all players with an iq over 100 from playing leagues? its definitly lame they are using their full potential while others are limited.

maybe we all should stop hang on to the  romantic idea of non cheap playing in leagues. you dont see footballplayer doin crazy tricks all the time in a league mtach. they also fall down by the weakest contact in the pnealty area just to gain advantage.

when it comes about ranks and points people will always try to increase their chances of winning, lets be happy we dont got a huge problem with cheaters and forget about marks on the screen, and all this other stuff. aslong as people dont use programms  directly affecting the game, all is ok for me.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57 PM »
lacoste says using marks sucks but using thumb is ok, although the sense of both methods is the same.

Well, ill try to explain how different it is. In most of the cases you have some bit of terrain infront of crosshair (no matter if its some object like tree or ground theme), so you set your aim, remember it, throw grenade, grenade misses and on the next turn you make a correction to your crosshair by x pixels. Depending on how good you are and if you are not pushed, you will either hit or miss next turn, but its still nothing sure (same thing is with your finger, even if it sucks, still you have terrain sprites to measure it most of the time, which would be deceiving to not to use it as i said). However if you mark every full power shot on your screen, you have 100% chance of hitting on every first try, its like having coordinates and all you have to do is press space and hold it. It wont work all the time on BnG coz you are anchored, but elite is screwed.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Peja

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 01:04 PM »
ty lacoste, so you dont have a problem with using a specific technique to remember shots. you just think this mark method is to powerful.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Yes, i cant find how easier reaiming can win you a game vs equal/better player. 

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Komo have used his thumb all the time and we only know that because he told us so. Thumb is kinda same thing as monitor markings, so... What can U do?
Wtf ?! Is that true ? o0

BnG (and anything thats related i.e throwings in Elite) is too sensitive for abuses and theres literally nothing we can do about it
Yeah, except stop playing it.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline StepS

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Steps, its not like every player wants secondary programs/modules to play the league, im guessing a lot of people would be pissed if they had to, including me, so slow down please with all those PX/Rubber for everyone. Also reaim isnt the problem.
but it's officially included in the upcoming beta update :P so it's not an external tool anymore
PS: and you do say, but Free league includes Kaos as well. ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:47 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Whats 3.6.33.2 coz im not following?
Free league is optional and it differs a lot than classics

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline StepS

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Free league is optional and it differs a lot than classics
ok
[...]

Offline Random00

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 06:35 PM »
so, does "no visual aids" also include a usual piece of paper to aim with shotgun?

tbh: I dont really like this kind of rule. I would prefer making it more public, cause visual aids definetly increase the possibilities ingame.

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Well of course, you wouldn't be able to use paper to aim. Think about how lame using paper or markings would look to someone watching you play in real life, it's just not how high level gaming should work.

Offline sock

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Well of course, you wouldn't be able to use paper to aim. Think about how lame using paper or markings would look to someone watching you play in real life, it's just not how high level gaming should work.

about as lame as it would look just playing worms period, comparing apples and oranges there

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2011, 10:09 PM »
LAN ftw ?
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Free

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41 PM »
WORMSCON IS COMING!!!