Forums
May 04, 2024, 06:13 AM

Author Topic: New game: Battlesheeps  (Read 1382 times)

Offline MrTPenguin

New game: Battlesheeps
« on: December 21, 2016, 01:03 PM »
I've had an idea for a new game type, based on the classic paper-and-pencil game Battleships (wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_(game)). I'm not sure how much fun it would be, but never mind that. Here's the lowdown.

There are two players who have two teams each, one with one worm and one with six worms (i.e. total worms = 1+6 + 1+6 = 14). The inventory contains invisibility, lots of teleports, and unlimited super sheep and maybe unlimited pigeons as well. Worms are initially randomly placed on the map, and all healths are 1. Here's what the map might look like:

The two single worms are manually teleported onto the launch pads in the centre. These are the attacking worms. The worms in the teams of 6 must be made invisible and then teleported into the rectangles. One team goes to the left, the other to the right. One worm is alone, two must be adjacent, and three must be adjacent, where adjacency can be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. The single worms will launch super/aqua sheep to seek and destroy the worms in the opponent's team of six. The invisible worms in the teams of six will always skip their turns.

Terrain will be destructible so worms will plop and you'll know which rectangles you've previously attacked. The winner is the first player to kill all the worms in the opponent's team of six.

As with Battleships, if you kill a worm, you'll naturally attack the rectangles around it on your next turns in case it's a group of 2 or 3. And a new factor here is that worms in the middle rectangles are slightly safer than those around the edge, as the latter are easier to hit.

Okay, that's the concept. I don't know if anyone, including me, will bother to test it out but I wanted to share it with y'all.  :)

Offline XanKriegor

Re: New game: Battlesheeps
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 01:19 PM »
Ha, good idea. Terrain should be destructable, with one pixel thick inner walls inestructable so worm's grave will stay in. In this case you will see its grave all the time and destroyed outer contur will tell you that you have hit this rectangle already, no matter was a worm it it or not.

Also, one rect. spacing between "ships" should be.

And there can be several maps with different rectangle density so the defficulty level can vary, tighter the gaps - more difficult to fly between with a SS.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:21 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Personally speaking, this is the best idea i've seen since Darts! Possibly even better than Darts!

Can't wait to try it out this weekend :D

Offline Hurz

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 05:17 PM »
calm down.

cool idea tho.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Seems fun. If you find me in #ag, just ring on snooper. Would like to help testing.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Ooh, people like it!  ;D

Is it possible to have destructible and indestructible terrain together?

Two things have occurred to me. The first is that the rectangles should be far enough apart to make sure you can't attack multiple ones at once. The second is that people will be able to see approximately where the invisible worms are placed (horizontally especially) so it may be necessary to have a "sportsmanship rule" of not watching what your opponent is doing during this stage.

I'll be very interested to hear how people get on with this.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 05:41 PM »
http://worms2d.info/IndiMask

Two things have occurred to me. The first is that the rectangles should be far enough apart to make sure you can't attack multiple ones at once.
yes, and also lower sheep's power ( http://worms2d.info/Super_Sheep see power table)
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Ooh, people like it!  ;D

http://worms2d.info/WkIndiMask

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 06:28 PM »
We might have a problem whenever someone has a blank grave in their team, otherwise all of this sounds good!

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 12:06 AM »
Two things have occurred to me. The first is that the rectangles should be far enough apart to make sure you can't attack multiple ones at once. The second is that people will be able to see approximately where the invisible worms are placed (horizontally especially) so it may be necessary to have a "sportsmanship rule" of not watching what your opponent is doing during this stage.

with such low map size like this (borders enabled) http://www.wmdb.org/10121 and with small enough power setting for super sheep, it could work

Offline Hussar

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 11:49 AM »
Do we have the replay of a gameplay ?

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 03:16 PM »
Sounds cool, does the team not become visible as soon as you fire your sheep though?

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 04:29 PM »
That's why there are two teams (one for sheep and one for rectangles)