Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:07 PM

Author Topic: Old replays and players through the years  (Read 52714 times)

Offline varialheelflip

Re: Old replays and players through the years
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2013, 12:47 PM »
A few things I've noticed since I've come back is that people are drawing a huge line between the Old Days vs Today. Everyone dreams of the old days and how amazing warmers and propers and elites etc all were. Heck, even I say that! But if you look at a clear difference, is that the game has evolved. We never had this WxW game back then. Hell, we didn't even have replays! It was a time where most of us were the ages of 12-17 trying to escape in the newly found Internet. We used fricken 56k dialup back then! I remember having to muffle a pillow behind my computer when I was signing into AOL at 2am of a school night!

Now W:A has a bunch of new games, contests, schemes and maps that we have made to make the game more interesting. However, we still want the "old" feeling back too. Well guess what, it's gone. I hate to admit it but that's just how it is. This game has evolved and we need to either embrace it or sit in the back table of a party pointing out all the newb dancers.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post, but it too felt like an appropriate response to Leroy.

TL;DR - I miss the old days. But they are gone. Love, Varial.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Join me in leaving W:A forever!

Offline avirex

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2013, 02:17 PM »
the only thing that has changed on worms is the people... but that happens every year...

i have taken year+ long breaks and each time i come back its new names... for every wormer that leaves there is an up and coming newb to take his place ;D

for instance, at one time there was no such thing as a Mablak, then i came back from a break and deano was telling me about this great roper, with great potential, going to be the next best thing on worms etc... and sure enough he was/is

one day we may lose Mablak (even more then we already have) but another will form ;D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2013, 08:47 AM »
The next Mablak is going to be Chelsea for sure. :D

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2013, 09:27 AM »
The next Mablak is going to be Chelsea for sure. :D

:-[  :-[ thx mate  :-*  :-*

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2013, 09:29 AM »
the only thing that has changed on worms is the people... but that happens every year...

i have taken year+ long breaks and each time i come back its new names... for every wormer that leaves there is an up and coming newb to take his place ;D

for instance, at one time there was no such thing as a Mablak, then i came back from a break and deano was telling me about this great roper, with great potential, going to be the next best thing on worms etc... and sure enough he was/is

one day we may lose Mablak (even more then we already have) but another will form ;D

it's not so black and white

people need motivation to get that good and it often comes from competition, without competition the level bar could potentially go lower; it certainly isn't a straight bar like you make it out to be.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Fenice

« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Does anybody have replays of Volcom?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2013, 05:07 AM »
im guessing there isn't much.  prime volcom = pre-replays. 

« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2013, 01:23 AM »
There's a few replays at LW, but he was kinda rusty there.

Offline twistah

« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10 AM »
found 6 replays vs Medal. not sure if they are all elites, but I guess so

Offline twistah

« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2013, 02:13 AM »
also found lots of games with Wargod from 2007 if anyone cares, but no idea if it was the real one. had a canadian flag, tho. on the other hand you can change that in windows settings

also have a folder called WEL v3. contains all my games from season 1 vs BlizZarD, brewer, Crazy, Dub-c, IllBeBack, killger, luz4k, Mil2, nano and Random00

Random00 just reminded me of that one elite where he did his first damage at like 16th minute and had only 1 worm left, heh. could try to find that, but don't even know what year that was, it's possible that i've lost it

the roper vs Crazy i've attached is a must seen. I did 2 times, I think in a row, an ownage nade. remember Crazy? :D

in the 3rd attachment i've won bng vs Komo. 1 of my 2 wins vs him, lol. the other one was even a bng final in some tourney. yes, i'm proud of it :D, especially since I only played bng if I had to. shame on you Komo, lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:25 AM by twistah »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2013, 02:34 AM »
i like replays but it covinces me once more not to rope or bng. daf@#! boring.

Offline twistah

« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2013, 02:35 AM »
found 29 games with Random00. possible that the one game i've mentioned is one of them, but not sure. can't be arsed to watch them, lol. i've uploaded it, otherwise I need 6 more posts here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-8131282/Alt.7z.html

found another 2 elites vs the german WhiteRqbbit and 3 vs the german tradacee. at least I guess it's elite
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:39 AM by twistah »

Offline twistah

« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2013, 02:43 AM »
found another elite vs the mentioned german eagletwo from 2005

tell me some other names and I'm gonna check if I have some replays

Offline Crazy

« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2013, 09:51 AM »
I remember that game actually twistah.. because of the map, played that map so many times ;P Even some more vs you I think. Sad I lost all replays from 2007 ;/ There is one question I've never got the answer to though twisah, how did you end up in OSW? You were not oldschool when you joined, lol