Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:21 PM

Author Topic: Old replays and players through the years  (Read 52715 times)

Offline Casso

Re: Old replays and players through the years
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2015, 01:36 PM »
wow, so we have the first available replay of Worms Armageddon :)

That Holy nade at 14.25 in 4th replay was incredible.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Damn, awesome job. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Finally we can see volrin's roping, and that Helloween guy was a pretty good roper. :P
HelloweeN = Anubis afaik
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:52 PM by Korydex »

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2015, 01:48 AM »
Those are just the replays Korydex requested (mostly by asking for replays with particular nicknames in them) and then decided to post here.

Nicknames he asked for (and the matching replays from before 2004-02-09):
volrin (result: 3 replays, though just 1 is of roping; the other two are Team17s, and he does have a roping turn in one of those)
BaDcereal (result: 2 replays, but both disconnected on startup)
MPH (result: 14 replays; only shared 3 so far)
Dope (result: 2 replays, though the first one falls into an infinite loop upon worm placement due to the autoteleport bug)
HHC (result: 1 replay)
thehamstar (result: none)
ibb (result: none)
thewalrus (result: 7 replays, only 1 shared so far)
Mablak (result: none)
clan NBR (result: 18 replays; so far only shared the ones with volrin)
shark (result: none)
nakra (result: none)
Wiz (result: none, just a GIZWIZ, a WizardpunkTDA, and two with WizKilla)
dextah (result: one Team17 with Dextah090xFWHx, not shared yet)
GARG0YLE (result: 45 replays; only shared 5 so far)

I've got ones from 2000-12-30 onward, and one from 2000-11-23 (although it isn't a good one; "2000-11-23 04.42.35 [Extracted] LouieTheFuzz, skipper, @Deadcode, Hazycles.WAgame" has me complaining that a game I joined that was hosted with the name "fair for all" had infinite bananas). From the earliest up to right before 3.6.19.7 (the first public version with replay recording) was released, I've got 3864 replays.

I can't just post the whole lot without looking through each one individually first. I don't know which ones might have private conversation. (And removing the chat from all of them before posting would ruin the experience of watching them; the chat adds a lot to it.) But I can respond to specific requests!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:52 AM by Deadcode »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2015, 02:47 AM »
Damn, awesome job. Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Finally we can see volrin's roping, and that Helloween guy was a pretty good roper. :P
HelloweeN = Anubis afaik

Yep, funny that it's already 12 years ago. HHC roping didn't change at all, same old. :D

Offline SPW

« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2015, 03:42 AM »
Oh, also one of my ones  :D

SwissPowerWorms  ;D Had a lot of fights esp. incl. gargoyle.

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2015, 04:27 AM »

Ooh! I didn't know you were still active and shortened your nick to SPW. Awesome.

Have some replays. (14 of them)

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2015, 06:31 AM »
Someone got old replays of me?

Is this you?
2004-06-19 09.26.05 [Extracted] freeman2xisxbak, StreakMarkSfX, @Casimir.WAgame (Team17)
2004-06-19 09.47.41 [Extracted] freeman2xisxbak, StreakMarkSfX, @Casimir.WAgame (Team17)

wow, this thread is too large for me to filter through. anyone have any replays from when we played? i'd love to have a copy now that i actually backup my stuff.

Here's one.
2005-05-09 01.01.35 [Extracted] M3ntalSfX, xDorxLih, @six-Casimir, varial.WAgame (Bungee Race)

OMG, I missed this thread... so cool!
Marco and volrin hahah

Do any of you have old replays of me?

Sure do. Seven replays from 2005-10-16 and 2005-12-24 (Hide and seek, Fort, Team17s, and Elites)

I also have some replays of a xSpIDeRxPpZx / XxSpIDeRxPpZxX / xSpIDeRxcR, from 2003-12-09 to 2005-01-30. Is that you?

BTW, I wish I'd known about this thread earlier. Only learned of its existence just yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:08 AM by Deadcode »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Do u have some replays from the guy called "Cleaver" ?? he was from Sweden. I remember that hes rope impressed me much in some around 2004.

Also some replays from MrE??

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Do u have some replays from the guy called "Cleaver" ?? he was from Sweden. I remember that hes rope impressed me much in some around 2004.

All I have is a Bungee Race in 2007 that he didn't get to finish due to lagging out towards the end.

Yuppers. A warmer and 7 rope races from March 2004.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:39 AM by Deadcode »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39 AM »

All I have is a Bungee Race that he didn't get to finish due to lagging out towards the end.

Yuppers. A warmer and 7 rope races from March 2004.

Thx!

Maybe someone else have a replay with Cleaver's roping. ?? :(

Offline SPW

« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2015, 02:36 PM »

Ooh! I didn't know you were still active and shortened your nick to SPW. Awesome.

Have some replays. (14 of them)

Wow! Very cool man, thank you. I will watch 'em. Yea I shortened my nickname to SPW when I was joining my first Clan BoS. That was about 2003.  :)

Edit:

Can't run them. It says "Format Error: Cannot play game file "C:blablabbla" ;/ You may help me out? I'm so curious about those games. It must be battleracer cause we were addicted to br in that period :D There also some other guys from the states playing day by day (or night for me).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:00 PM by SPW »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59 PM »
can you search for "ropa", just curious

thanks
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Fenice

« Reply #267 on: February 09, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Hey Deadcode, can you upload some NBR replays?

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #268 on: February 09, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Wow! Very cool man, thank you. I will watch 'em. Yea I shortened my nickname to SPW when I was joining my first Clan BoS. That was about 2003.  :)

Edit:

Can't run them. It says "Format Error: Cannot play game file "C:blablabbla" ;/ You may help me out? I'm so curious about those games. It must be battleracer cause we were addicted to br in that period :D There also some other guys from the states playing day by day (or night for me).

Yikes, I don't know why that would be happening. Every version from 3.6.26.4 onward can play them, and I just tested that to confirm it. And earlier versions report "Version Error", not "Format Error". What version of W:A are you using?
Edit: Maybe you could try disabling WormKit module loading, if you're using any.
Edit 2: Maybe the program you used to un-.7z them didn't work properly. Try 7-Zip if that's not what you used already.

And yes, they are all battleraces, except for 2 Team17 replays and 2 BnG replays (the 2-round one).

Also I found I have 4 more battlerace replays with you! I hadn't extracted these earlier because that's one of the network log files whose ZIP file was corrupted by the Deskstar 75GXP bad sector stripe. However the corruption in the file occurs after our games, so they are intact without any special recovery needed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:46 PM by Deadcode »

Offline SPW

« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2015, 05:29 PM »
That single one from korydex working well. Its funny to see this. Dont remember everything from then but it looks like I did presenting my special battlerace scheme :D And teaching noobs if needed but openend the host with "pro br" haha  ;D

We are really old friends, deadcode  8)