Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:25 PM

Author Topic: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Sensei

Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Hi all!
Last night I was ready to call it for the evening but stayed a bit longer cause StepS was online and willing to explain me few things about getting bigger resolution for small monitors etc.. (thank you for that, it worked).

After that, I started to fool around with W:A advanced settings. While I was doing that, bumped on saltyk9 in #ag, and had a nice talk. Meanwhile, we discovered I was playing on wrong settings my whole worming career. Graphics were set to DirectDraw 32 bit, both v-syncs turned on, slow frontend workaround was unchecked...
Anyway, he told me to set direct3D9 (shader) and turn off vsyncs. And.. IT HAPPENED!!!

I discovered rope for the first time after 3 yrs of playin. Never was aware of that "delay", before that moment. It felt like I was roping on 50% all this time. Man... Pumps, wizards, outlaws, dragons.. you name it! It all became natural now, without any obstacles. But ofc, my happiness was short lived.
New features brought new problems too. Constant screen laggs, jittering, flickering, cutting, freezing.. So ugly freezes that even speakers started to act weird..  :'(

It's so ugly that is almost unplayable.. But what the f@#! should I do now? Don't want to go back on DirectDraw32. After sensing un-delayed rope, I can't play with old settings anymore. Even with all those negative side effects last night, I roped better than ever before..

Is there a way to solve this problem without buying new monitor/graphic card?
If anyone have some good suggestions, pls help, getting desperate here!
Ty
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:56 PM by Sensei »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Are you sure it's the settings and not your computer/keyboard etc?

I've tried all of them and my roping seems the same on every type of setting, I do have a good keyboard though, and years of experience, that helps I guess.

Currently I have DD32bit, and v sync is checked, I do get the odd tiny lag spike but I get that lag no matter what settings I use.

Is there any evidence that 3D9 is better? You make it sound like DD32bit gives ropers a disadvantage??

Offline Godmax

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Thats why we activate vsync to get rid of screen tearing.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Did you try Direct3D9 (shader) but with vsyncs on? This is what I use.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Are you sure it's the settings and not your computer/keyboard etc?

I've tried all of them and my roping seems the same on every type of setting, I do have a good keyboard though, and years of experience, that helps I guess.

Currently I have DD32bit, and v sync is checked, I do get the odd tiny lag spike but I get that lag no matter what settings I use.

Is there any evidence that 3D9 is better? You make it sound like DD32bit gives ropers a disadvantage??

I actually always thought that my 20$ keylock keyboard is the one making problems.. But after turning off v-syncs and checking slow frontend workaround box - rope got much easier to use.

Don't know which tehnical aspects cause this but my fps jumped from 50-60 on 300+, after changing settings.
Now.. is the low graphic card/monitor that causes freezes or is it unstable fps...
Remember playing CoD2 few years ago. All online players locked their fps on 125, 250 or 333.
I wonder, is something like that possible on W:A!? And would it be helpful in any way..

Guess we need to wait for some thoughts of pc experts. I know they're hiding somewhere on tus.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 02:22 PM »
I actually always thought that my 20$ keylock keyboard is the one making problems.. But after turning off v-syncs and checking slow frontend workaround box - rope got much easier to use.

Don't be fooled by the price of a keyboard, cheap ones can be great, expensive ones can be bad lol.

I've had a £5 Cheetah keyboard that worked very well with intes Keychanger(Used left control as space), and i've had a £60 Razor keyboard that was absolutely useless for my style...

It depends on the way your hands/body works in conjuction with the technical aspects of the keyboard.

Some people prefer mechanical keys, some people prefer springy keys, some prefer plastic tougher keys, there are so many different variations of response/weight etc.

I guess it depends how hard you press the keys, how quickly you can press as well as how lightly/heavy, some keyboards are too sensitive, some are not sensitive enough...

If you enjoy Roping enough, or want to be good enough, you can test several keyboards out, remember these days you have money back garauntee with many shops, so go buy keyboard, test it, if you really like it keep it, if you don't take it back and get yo money back within 7 days or whatever it is in your country.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Wanted to buy logitech k120, which sounded pretty nice for that price.
But there was no any in store and was in a hurry to rope - so i took genius slimstar i250.

Reviews are pretty good, and soft keys are actually feel nice, i prefer those.
But keylock on space + ghosting on remapped keys (after pressing it with same time as cursors) sometime make me wanna throw it on the ground and start jumping on it.

Anyway, getting off the subject here. Cmon tus hackers, we need some answers!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:37 PM by Sensei »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 02:44 PM »
Wanted to buy logitech k120, which sounded pretty nice for that price.

I bought Logitech illuminated k740 last year and I am very happy with it, at around £60 - £80 if you have the money to spend, buy this keyboard, it's been praised by so many other great ropers including barman, statik, avirex to name a few.

But keylock on space + ghosting on remapped keys (after pressing it with same time as cursors) sometime make me wanna throw it on the ground and start jumping on it.

Best advice, don't use those keyboards for roping, keylock is the bane of roping.

I actually have 2 keyboard plugged in at all times, Logitech for roping cuz it's very sensitive, and Emprex for default because it's less sensitive and more precise for adjusting aim.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 03:04 PM »
I turned both vsuncs off, now it sucks....

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 03:28 PM »
shut the fuk up xan  ;D

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 03:33 PM »
i dont know about any of these settings, my guess is leave them to their defaults, its an old game.  Sounds like youve had a taste of snake oil and liked it.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 03:39 PM »
shut the fuk up xan  ;D

Feck off you victim of failed attempt of abortion by plunger ^^

Offline Senator

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 03:51 PM »
I use Direct3D 9 (shader) and have both v-sync boxes unchecked. With v-sync on roping feels weird because of the delay. V-sync limits your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate. I have a 144hz monitor (=144 fps) but even then roping feels better with v-sync off.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:55 PM by Senator »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:04 PM »
I use Direct3D 9 (shader) and have both v-sync boxes unchecked. With v-sync on roping feels weird because of the delay. V-sync limits your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate. I have a 144hz monitor (=144 fps) but even then roping feels better with v-sync off.

Yeah, really do feel weird to turn v-sync again after you tried without. My monitor's refresh rate is 60hz :(

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 04:25 PM »
xan i made a joke urs is kind of not funny u stinky bitch if i ever meet ur distgusting ugly mother i ll pay a n@#!!! to wide her always dirty assc@#! u bith of not playen worms but open stinky mouth faggot