Forums
May 03, 2024, 04:44 AM

Author Topic: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD  (Read 3240 times)

Offline ANO

Re: Roping without delay!!! MOTHER OF GOD
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 07:28 PM »
I run w:a on commodor 64

Offline Senator

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 07:47 PM »
I've tried all of them and my roping seems the same on every type of setting, I do have a good keyboard though, and years of experience, that helps I guess.

Currently I have DD32bit, and v sync is checked, I do get the odd tiny lag spike but I get that lag no matter what settings I use.

Is there any evidence that 3D9 is better? You make it sound like DD32bit gives ropers a disadvantage??

A worm flying looks a bit "laggy" for me with DD32bit. I guess this changes from case to case.

You really don't notice a difference between v-sync on/off? It should be evident especially if your FPS is limited to 60/75. Are u sure u haven't disabled v-sync from your graphic card settings? :-X

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Could eliminate some screenlag by removing PX/Rubberworm, if they're installed. Or just install a fresh copy to another folder and have 2 installations.

Other than that, lowering your in-game resolution usually helps quite a bit. Or get a better video card.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 11:05 PM »
Could eliminate some screenlag by removing PX/Rubberworm, if they're installed. Or just install a fresh copy to another folder and have 2 installations.

Other than that, lowering your in-game resolution usually helps quite a bit. Or get a better video card.

Don't have px, and tbh, I don't think rubberworm could cause such laggs/freezes. Never experienced something similar. Screen is cutting whole time while on rope, but those freezes.. man.. not just it f@#!s up the screen, my speakers start to tremble also. Quite awkward! Apparently it's low quality monitor. I'm planning to buy one for some time now, but never in the world would have thought i'll need better graphic card to play W:A...  :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 07:19 AM »
the fastest solution with thisvideogame has always been a new installation.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 07:42 AM »

I just reinstalled Windows 7 last week, with SSD :D It's super fast now :D

BUT!!!!

WA still lags :'(

Offline Kradie

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11 AM »
Holy moly, I switched off vsync, and everything feels a lot faster.  But the falling background stars & menus are twice as fast.

I use SSD as well.

Also I use a wireless keyboard Logitech Mk700. 
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r0eXXsZ4szg/maxresdefault.jpg
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:14 AM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline ANO

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 08:45 AM »

I just reinstalled Windows 7 last week, with SSD :D It's super fast now :D

BUT!!!!

WA still lags :'(

I still run windows XP, with worms is prefect ehehehhe

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Same here, WinXP 4eva  :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02 AM »
Man, you guys are on some good drugs or i'm doing something wrong...

I just tried 3D9 again, with vsync off, my roping is worse if anything, nothing feels faster(except the background stars go craaaazy fast when u move mouse in game menu).

The roping is exactly the same but when using vsync off, sometimes my keyboard seems like it fails to respond sometimes, like I do a spike, and when I bounce off the wall at the bottom to scroll fast it doesn't bounce it sorta splats against the wall and stops moving... Wtf is that all about?!

Offline Senator

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Holy moly, I switched off vsync, and everything feels a lot faster.  But the falling background stars & menus are twice as fast.

Uncheck "slow frontend workaround" and the falling stars in menus should calm down

Edit: I mean, with "slow frontend workaround" checked the stars are even faster :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:11 AM by Senator »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Haha, that's true Senator, thanks :P

In my own personal experience, the rope felt a lot more speedier and fluent with vsync options turned off.
With vsync enabled, it's more moon-like-feel, although this is the settings I have used during modern times of WA.  In other words, I am more accustomed to it.

Back in the days I used a CRT monitor for Worms. Are there any of you that uses such monitor now?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Godmax

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 11:14 AM »
Vsync on is a must. This old game with screen tearing is the real hell. Roping with vsync on is fine regarding delays. Wenn vsync is on and you get only 30 fps for example THEN the shit is steaming. But perfect 60fps with vsync are always good. Maybe you get less than 50 that would explain the delays ^^

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 11:24 AM »
All I saw was:

Blah blah blah, blahdy blahdy blah, yahdy yahdy oh look it's the potato king, no mummy no! oaregihoaerghoaerhgoiarehgoiaerhgoihareogiharighioareg yawn snooze, ladies and gentlemen i'm a little teapot short and stout ^^

Offline Godmax

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Then you should probably go see a doctor or enjoy your dogshit vision. Can be interesting. Anyway dont deactivate vsync unless you cant maintain the 50-60fps.