Forums
April 29, 2024, 10:29 AM

Author Topic: Stuff aboutM the past, mixed subject soup  (Read 7227 times)

Stuff aboutM the past, mixed subject soup
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:39 PM »
Can you post some of your best warmers Komo? I always wanted to watch the best ropers warming at their best... I can't say Mablak's roping amazes me, robots are not artistic at all ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:22 AM by MonkeyIsland »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline avirex

Re: Who did you play with X-years ago at current date?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:59 PM »
lol komo never misses an opportunity to mention how great he thought he was.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Statik - I stopped playing warmers round about 03/04 when I started BnG, and in my opinion the best roping anyone would ever see existed between 2000 - 2003, sadly replays didn't exist then, all we have are memories unfortunately... :'(

avi, I don't think son, I know ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 03:15 AM »
Around this time i was playing with Perfect bobbydanoob(wooka) joey kewlkat st0ney seantheawesome fopeboy sacraficiallamb biohazard sirsfnords smole scribe raze anger volrin stormy projectpat artharas antisocial... So many more and i left out people that still play.. And are relevant.. This was around 2005.. If anyone knows how to get ahold of st0ney or project pat pls let me know.
Real volrin hasnt played since about 2001.  At least this is the general consensus.  There has been many fake volrins running around though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:27 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 12:25 PM »
not true, volrin was playing around 2004-2005

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 08:28 PM »
not true, volrin was playing around 2004-2005
I've seen volrins, dextahs, wargods and jmobergs all the time :D I mean alias of them (since 2002)

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 10:05 PM »
right, it could have been an alias

Offline Crazy

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 11:37 PM »
So the volrin we had in our clan in 2005 was an alias? The data I gathered from previous TDC websites says he went inactive the 20th october in 2002 though (http://worms2d.info/The_Deadly_Clan), so I guess both Walrus and Husk could be right. I think this is a case for the alias police to handle :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »
bahahsha i love this new community...

guys, we are really swamped lately, our desks are crowded, the phones dont stop ringing, and our wives are complaining, because we never make it home for dinner! but duty calls! we promise to look into this case..

if you, or anyone you know has any information regarding volrin, and his true identity, please contact the alias police, at 1-800-tiptap

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02 AM »
So the volrin we had in our clan in 2005 was an alias?
That is exactly what im saying.  Likely ropa or anubis.  Between the two of them they've aliased every player of note out there.  I remember when volrin left worms, im sure he wasn't playing between 2002-2004 when I was still active, at least the real one.  Custick  talked to him at least in 2007 or 2008 and he still wasn't playing worms, but was addicted to starcraft.  Said he hadn't played since 2000 but i definitely remember him playing in 2001 or 2002.  Skunk3 thought he was dead of cancer because apparently a (fake) volrin told him he had a tumor and then promptly vanished in the same timeframe.  Quietstorm said he thought volrin had moved to go to college.  The truth is no one really knows what happened to volrin, but the one thing im sure of is that everyone that knew him knows he stopped playing this game around 2001 or 2002.

This kind of phenomenon isn't just just related to TdC, though.  Ropa was 2003 jmoberg, i know anubis aliased in NBR after he left the clan, I think as pure?  Anus could probably tell you.  I know we had a fake pure.  People liked to be shadymilkman and oijogja as well.

I think it is good Anubis joined tap.  I'm pretty sure he could entertain us for paragraphs and paragraphs about every player he aliased on worms. ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:04 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 12:57 AM »
Btw, I never quite understood it, what's the appeal of aliasing someone? Do people get boners over it or sth? This phenomenon on such scale is exclusive to worms.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:00 AM by van »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 01:22 AM »
Aliasing has never been cool. The same people who have alias'd people in the past are usually the same people who cheat in leagues use xspeed etc. I think they are douche bags.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 01:35 AM »
Your a bunch of big jessies, really...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 06:08 AM »

Your a bunch of big jessies, really...

::)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 07:17 AM »
lol komo never misses an opportunity to mention how great he thought he was.

he never won no roping award :(

Btw, I never quite understood it, what's the appeal of aliasing someone? Do people get boners over it or sth? This phenomenon on such scale is exclusive to worms.

It's not exclusive to worms. It has to do with the size and style of the community that allows impersonating to succeed in such scale.

I never met anyone who did it for sexual reasons. I assume most people do it like they're trolling. Back then? Well... escaping boredom, surpassing bans, joining impossible clans, being in two clans at the same time and last but not least, to prove a point.

edit: oh yeah, I joined tdc once
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:30 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.