Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:12 AM

Author Topic: Stuff aboutM the past, mixed subject soup  (Read 7222 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Who did you play with X-years ago at current date?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 08:37 PM »
true, but your memory is a total mess.

BDD, not even know what it stands for.

Shady, Anubis, avirex, no one saw you at your peak, how rare. I have a theory though, remember WL? When Volcom was beating people in league ropers, when Volrin and Jmo were still warming it up, the NBR crew was at its best and TEA with masterguy and co were starting to invent pro rope racing. The peak of roping if you ask me. You missed all that, banned from WL and no where to be seen, that's why no one alive has seen you at your peak.

Because your peak is when? Early WWP days? WACL era? I know you were in ToP in the latter WL days, but you were but a mere secondary asset and no where to be seen amongst the best ropers talk. You weren't even half active, Please specify because unlike yours, my memory is pretty clear and I'm dying to hear further information so I can solve this mysterious puzzle.

You were an outstanding roper but pretty much like always, your mind is in a hyperbole rollercoaster and your dumb enough to be driver seat.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:41 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Bringers of Death and Destruction, we actually done quite good, we beat some top clans a number of times !

I find it strange you don't remember, because few years back when I was in cFc and we were playing a BnG funner you going on about how you were gonna own me with your Golden Grenades lol, I actually need to search this game, I recall talking about how we met, I couldn't remember your 1st name which you then told me and we talked about BDD quickly, other members included DodgeFreak, Avatar, unfortunately I can't even remember any other members... That sucks...

I can't even remember getting banned from WL, I can't even remember playing WL... What did I get banned for lol? I remember getting banned from FB for pretty much the same reason everyone else did but I can't remember being banned from WL...

I never saw you or avi or shady rope at your peak either, whoop dee doo lol, this whole arguement is based on opinion anyway, alot of people thought I was a top player, it might not matter to you but it matters to me.

And yeah, good idea to split, but keep my 1st post lol about that guys roping with statik.

Offline SPW

Offline Crazy

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Plutonic was also a member of BDD Komo.

Shady, Anubis, avirex, no one saw you at your peak, how rare. I have a theory though, remember WL? When Volcom was beating people in league ropers, when Volrin and Jmo were still warming it up, the NBR crew was at its best and TEA with masterguy and co were starting to invent pro rope racing. The peak of roping if you ask me. You missed all that, banned from WL and no where to be seen, that's why no one alive has seen you at your peak.

It's a bit weird that Komodo was voted as the best roper at WCC during the timeperiod of WL, Ropa. When you're talking about Volrin, Jmoberg, NBR and so on, what year are you referring to? You say the award is not relevant, but still, it's an award which provides facts. If the award is irrelevant, is/was Plutonic irrelevant as well? I was 11 years old when I was playing WL, from my own memory I can remember that Volcom was considered as one of the best ropers, if not the best, while I don't remember Komodo at all. That's just my personal experience.

Could you also define what you mean by pro rope racing Ropa? I'm interested in what you mean and your knowledge of it.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 09:42 PM »
I was 11 years old when I was playing WL, from my own memory I can remember that Volcom was considered as one of the best ropers, if not the best, while I don't remember Komodo at all. That's just my personal experience.
For about a year, I played more with Komo than anyone else, and we never played anything but warmers, hours and hours into the night.  The best warmers on WA you had to actually play with to realize how good they were.  In the early days of WA there were so many people online and the league communities were less centralized than they are now. 

As it is today, any player who is remotely skilled ends up signing up here and is known on wormnet.  Many less known players that everyone has forgotten because they didn't sign up for leagues but were great like chinook, wormwood, banzaiii, ect because they weren't a part of leagues or one of the big clans.  In fact, Komo was in sfx for a long, long, time but I can't remember him playing too many clanners for them. 

IMO, Komo was one of the great warmers, and I basically played with them all because that was the only gametype I played back then besides battlerace.  Volcom earned his reputation, and rightly so, because he was on top of a league where the variety of schemes was vastly limited.  You could be good at just roper, and pretty much go all the way to the top.  And volcom never f@#!ing fell in roper, much to my dismay. 

Komo may make many outrageous and blatantly erroneous claims, but him being one of the top warmers was not one of them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:46 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline nino

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 09:44 PM »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 09:51 PM »
I was thinking about this one, why its hard for some people to quantify how good people were.  That community was so large, some people that played a lot you never ran into.  For instance, I can't say I played with avirex more than 4-5 times from 2000-2004.  I only started playing with HHC well after WL was dead and gone, same goes for mablak, im pretty sure cl2k had folded before I started playing with him.  My point is, when I was active like a year ago, it was hard to run into someone that was good at roping that wasn't registered or known on tus.  That wasn't the case back when.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Thank you Wally :)

We literally played for at least 4-5 hours at a time, quite a number of 8+ hour warmers & I think we even played close to 24 hours a few times... Joined by TheFudo as well !

I remember coming home from school on a Friday like, f@#!ing running home straight onto the PC, met up with you and that would be us for like 8 hours at least lol...

Monday nights were great too cuz my parents were at the local club for the Darts and i'd get sooooo f@#!ing stoned and warmed :)

I really do miss it :(

And personally speaking, you are on my list of great Warmers... Not alot of people seen what you could do, but I was one of them.

Edit:

Plutonic was also a member of BDD Komo.

Oh yeah ! I feel awful for not even being able to remember who was in :( How did you know that? Got some old webpage?

Offline avirex

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2013, 04:04 AM »
i once played a Warmer for 4 and a half consecutive days, without a single lagout, bathroom break, or sleep... i often think of those one hundred and eight hours to be the peak of my roping, and everyone in that host considered me the best. sadly this Warmer took place exactly one day before saved replays wete available.

impo: i was expecting a much better meme out of you, that was very disappointing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:06 AM by avirex »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2013, 04:34 AM »
I was expecting someone posting old replays to watch, but all I see was the same bunch of guys always ruining topics with their dinossaur's era talking shit discussion, we are tired of you!
Who is "we"?  And when did your opinion suddenly become relevant?  "We" have told you we are tired of you, but yet you persist with your diva antics like "leaving worms forever" for one week.  Keep trying to garner attention, though, and better luck next time.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:24 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2013, 09:13 AM »

It's a bit weird that Komodo was voted as the best roper at WCC during the timeperiod of WL, Ropa. When you're talking about Volrin, Jmoberg, NBR and so on, what year are you referring to? You say the award is not relevant, but still, it's an award which provides facts. If the award is irrelevant, is/was Plutonic irrelevant as well? I was 11 years old when I was playing WL, from my own memory I can remember that Volcom was considered as one of the best ropers, if not the best, while I don't remember Komodo at all. That's just my personal experience.

Thing is, Komodo wasn't even playing WA in the peak WL years. Komodo was basically like he is right now, but back then, the community didn't have the stomach to digest hyper hyperboles, so he basically was in the situation Toxic is now, except it was the whole  community vs Komo. He made a huge i quit post and got banned.

Don't say you don't remember when it was basically the whole forum making fun of your 10000 word essays typed in street slang no one could understand. I remember specific details, you loved "teh", instead of "the".
Wouldn't be surprised if your head erased that memory of yours, it someone does that as a defense mechanism.

That's where I assume he ran to WWP. But this was all before HHC forced half of WA to move over to WWP so there was basically nothing. Pluto was totally irrelevant, he was just starting worms.

It's like the later BTP awards. Skill wise, they mean nothing.

Could you also define what you mean by pro rope racing Ropa? I'm interested in what you mean and your knowledge of it.

There was a time where ropers didn't RR. Where warmers didn't rope and where RRs were a noob rope gimmick.
It didn't change all of a sudden just because.

And could the attention seeking hypocrites stop complaining about off topic whilst posting spam themselves?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:20 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2013, 11:20 AM »
And could the attention seeking hypocrites stop complaining about off topic whilst posting spam themselves?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Sorry about quoting a post and then posting it in a reply.....I was trying desperately to draw attention to my opinion and express how forthright I am like dub and spw.  It's awesome how the people with the least to add are the most riteous.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:29 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2013, 01:08 PM »
Ropa, you are seriously just making stuff up now lol, ah no worries, everyone dies eventually :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2013, 04:56 PM »
Ropa, you are seriously just making stuff up now lol, ah no worries, everyone dies eventually :)

go ask HHC if he banned you or not. Or about your legendary 10000 word illegible essays. Basically like now, except using internet slang of the time which made it unreadable.
Eat a bag full of dicks.