Forums
May 18, 2024, 02:25 PM

Author Topic: Thinking about new test stuffs  (Read 4742 times)

Offline Mega`Adnan

Thinking about new test stuffs
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:52 PM »
I can be dumb in thinking. But I was wondering if new update has new test stuffs like "Bungee Shopper stuff" (i.e. /bs), in which everything would be same like /ts except worm won't be hanging after turn end, and "Darts stuff" (i.e. /ds), in which would be useful to not get f@#!ed up by accidentally drilling all worms, whch means worms won't hit each other at all.
So, anyone can send request to developers or is there any specific page for ideas?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Thinking about new test stuffs
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:39 PM »
I can be dumb in thinking. But I was wondering if new update has new test stuffs like "Bungee Shopper stuff" (i.e. /bs), in which everything would be same like /ts except worm won't be hanging after turn end, and "Darts stuff" (i.e. /ds), in which would be useful to not get f@#!ed up by accidentally drilling all worms, whch means worms won't hit each other at all.
So, anyone can send request to developers or is there any specific page for ideas?
Would i be wrong in thinking /boom would work for not drilling worms?

Any questions about the test versions of the game should be referred to deadcode & cybershadow, they would be the ones implementing anything like that in the future.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Wrong board, would fit better in https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Korydex

Offline spleen17

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Would i be wrong in thinking /boom would work for not drilling worms?

/boom doesn't work for darts because you can't have /rs on at the same time, so your own worms won't move through each  other. You can still drill your own worms too, only the opponent's are safe.

A /ds mode would be cool, if the developers had time to implement it. Even better would be if you could place all your worms in one click of course :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:11 AM »
/boom doesn't work for darts because you can't have /rs on at the same time, so your own worms won't move through each  other. You can still drill your own worms too, only the opponent's are safe.

Actually, I think with /boom worms also move through each other. Just had an idea but it's a bit annoying to do every game.
If we have 1 spot for each worm on start (for example in dSt: every player puts 1st worm in same place, then 2nd worm lil bit further.. etc) -> with boom you would not drill any of your worms cause they all got their own position.
Ofc, we would need to edit lot of maps, because some start positions are small, but.. There will be no rehosting in the middle of the tour, so maybe it's worth to give it a try.

Even better would be if you could place all your worms in one click of course :)

Then no more Xan's "Spiky Darts" i guess  :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:22 AM »
So /ds would pretty much be /rs and /boom at the same time?

Sounds useful that :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 10:26 AM »
We're all bunch of f@#!tards!!

Just did darts with /rs..
Easy way to avoid drilling is to put POWER OF DRILL ON 0! (now is on 3)

I tested it and it's working..

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 10:30 AM »
How exactly do you put power to 0? Minimum is 1?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Edit scheme with LTK scheme editor and put power on 0. 

With hosting buddy you can type: !power drill 0

But on IP hosting minimum is 1. So only way to have 0, while hosting over IP is to change settings in scheme. Easiest way is to use LTK's editor..

Can't believe no one remember to do this in last 3 yrs..

Offline spleen17

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 10:40 AM »
You used an external scheme editor? Because these can sometimes cause desyncs.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 10:41 AM »
I'll do it in a few hours when come home and upload it. Don't want any of you assholes steal my smartassnesses :))

Btw new wormnat2 solved all problema with desynchronizations..

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 10:43 AM »
Can't believe no one remember to do this in last 3 yrs..

Indeed it's a good idea, but as spleen said, 0 powered weapons cause desync which is probably why no one tried it.

For example when I played HostingBuddy Big RR, extracted scheme, tried to host with it, game crashed, because nana on 0 power, that was only last month...

If we can somehow fix the desync problem, this would be awesome.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 10:50 AM »
I play big rr's on daily basis for a few months. Never experienced desynchs. Remember one time KungPow dropped on big rr, and it was not cause 0 nana, he just had some old wormkit modules in w:a folder. CyberShadow prolly knows best so we're gonna talk to him if desynchs would happen.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 10:50 AM »
But still /ds would be more safe for the people who has no rubber in WA or something. :P
Because, mostly in WA, I saw 0 power weapons in only rubber schemes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:57 AM by Mega`Adnan »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.