Forums
April 29, 2024, 07:46 PM

Author Topic: Update your WormNAT2!  (Read 8940 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Offline Sensei

Re: Update your WormNAT2!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 03:37 AM »
About snoopper error msg - it's not actually error, but some kind of a warning. Like: "you hosted too many games recently" (still able to host, but that msg is just annoying). I guess snooper creators would do something about that in next upgrades. We'll be patient until then.

About replays (thx Walrus, btw) - maybe it's not wormnat2 thing and problem is just my modem. But highly doubt that, cause it happened 2 times in 15 mins. Before update I almost never got disconnected.

About worms version and built-in wormkit support - don't know man..it's like you talking to the wall atm :) Gonna try fix this, if I found solution, others experiencing similar problem (if there are any) will be informed.

EDIT: using 3.7.2.1. if that was your question.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:39 AM by Sensei »

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 03:40 AM »
Haven't looked at the replays yet, but...

About worms version and built-in wormkit support - don't know man..it's like you talking to the wall atm :) Gonna try fix this, if I found solution, others experiencing similar problem (if there are any) will be informed.

EDIT: using 3.7.2.1. if that was your question.

Unless you use any modules that MUST be loaded before the game starts, you can just delete your WormKit.exe and instead enable "Load WormKit modules" in the game's advanced options.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 03:55 AM »
Unless you use any modules that MUST be loaded before the game starts, you can just delete your WormKit.exe and instead enable "Load WormKit modules" in the game's advanced options.

Actually I had WormKit and W:A icon before. After upgrading - WormKit.exe just deleted on its own. On the other hand,moduls working like they supposed to. So basically, only weird thing are that disconnections we experienced tonight. Like i said, highly doubt it was modem problem.

Hm.. just experienced one more. Can't open replays at all anymore. Trying to put W:A to open .wagame files but nothing happens.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 06:07 AM »
Is there any advantage of this? The old way was working well too. Am i right that now anyone have to have that dll to use wnat?

never experienced skipped packet desynchs? will be glad if this will be erased now.
I never really. I could even host with my dormitory net using some japanese free vpn. And I didn't get wrong feedbacks about the wormnat2 implementation in great snooper.

The way snooper authors added WormNAT2 support was to modify the module's code and use my WormNAT2 server without my permission. I have not been happy about this, but I've let it slide because ultimately it's a net benefit to the community. However, what you are seeing is the consequence of their choices - I can't update things on my side without possibly breaking things for unofficial WormNAT2 clients. The snooper API is not something I came up with, I adapted something that was already out there, and even though it worked in our tests, it takes two parties to create a stable and working API.
Oh man.. I wish I would still have the logs of our long-long conversations we had, but I guess you can't even remember me.  I remember that I asked for your permissions under the whole development of my snooper. Only one man have done what you said here. Don't get me wrong here, this just feels bad a little coz I am that type of man.

About snoopper error msg - it's not actually error, but some kind of a warning. Like: "you hosted too many games recently" (still able to host, but that msg is just annoying). I guess snooper creators would do something about that in next upgrades. We'll be patient until then.
Sorry that's my fault of lazyness. That can be that error as the error message says, but it can be communication fail too.

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 06:11 AM »
Sorry Tomi, I was not talking about you, but about Lookias, I just didn't want to say out loud any names :)

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59 PM »
OK, looked at those replays.

In the first one, you simply timed out, on the control connection and all players' connections to you. Now, the new HostingProxy might be too aggressive in detecting timeouts - it is a double-edged sword, but it might have simply been a coincidence. Let me know if it happens again.

In the second one, the proxy crashed due to a bug that I've already fixed today. Sorry about that.

Actually I had WormKit and W:A icon before. After upgrading - WormKit.exe just deleted on its own. On the other hand,moduls working like they supposed to. So basically, only weird thing are that disconnections we experienced tonight. Like i said, highly doubt it was modem problem.

Hm.. just experienced one more. Can't open replays at all anymore. Trying to put W:A to open .wagame files but nothing happens.

I have no idea what's going on over there.

The new zip file just contains two DLLs, installing which would definitely not affect things like your WormKit icon and whether you can open replays. You have something else going on.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 02:09 PM »
I have huge lags (fps decrease) everytime I shot the rope the first time and a few other turns, It's impossible to play roping games now, I feel like this module is spying on me.  :-X
I will use the old wormnat2 for now.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Pretty sure that's not related :) This module only modifies network code. You can download the older version from higher in this thread and test. In theory it might be due to some incompatibility with an antivirus/firewall, but I've never heard of such a problem.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 02:25 PM »
The new zip file just contains two DLLs, installing which would definitely not affect things like your WormKit icon and whether you can open replays. You have something else going on.

SiD helped me with replays thing just 20 mins ago.
If someone experiencing "replays won't open problem" you're gonna solve it by going in W:A settings and checking box with "auto associations".

Cyber, ty for checking out that diconnections we had. But agree with Kaleu there, I also downgraded wormnat2 last night. Seems more stable, at least for my pc.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 02:28 PM »
So, can this Wormnat host games by snooper without creating packets file?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 02:37 PM »
But agree with Kaleu there, I also downgraded wormnat2 last night. Seems more stable, at least for my pc.

Please, we need to test the new version, find bugs and fix them (assuming there are any!). If we are afraid of moving away from old versions, we will never make progress. This is especially important because many people do not post on TUS and will never see this thread, and I will never find out or be able to debug and fix any problems they will run into. The old versions will stop working in January, which is a fair way off, but it's best if we fix all problems as soon as possible.

BTW, the disconnections would happen with any version of the WormNAT2 module (because they all use the same server now)... of course the goal is to not have any.
So, can this Wormnat host games by snooper without creating packets file?
Yes in theory, but it depends on your snooper as well. Ask your snooper author.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:39 PM by CyberShadow »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 02:39 PM »
I've had no problems at all with the new version. Thanks CyberShadow for the update.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 02:43 PM »
But agree with Kaleu there, I also downgraded wormnat2 last night. Seems more stable, at least for my pc.

Please, we need to test the new version, find bugs and fix them (assuming there are any!). If we are afraid of moving away from old versions, we will never make progress. This is especially important because many people do not post on TUS and will never see this thread, and I will never find out or be able to debug and fix any problems they will run into. The old versions will stop working in January, which is a fair way off, but it's best if we fix all problems as soon as possible.

Ye, you have point there. I'll upgrade again and let you know about any weird stuff happening.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 09:47 PM »
I've had no problems at all with the new version. Thanks CyberShadow for the update.