May 16, 2024, 01:27 AM

Poll

are you telling me W:A isn't dead !?!?

yes
33 (91.7%)
no
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded--Does W:A still have server?  (Read 5586 times)

Offline flex

Re: Worms Reloaded--Does W:A still have server?
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07 PM »
"Actually, KRD is on your side of the arguement, he just got me thinking about some things."

I know, he messaged me in ag and got me thinking about this topic again. I meant maybe you listen more to KRD than me, auha

"There are lots of clans clanning now, but the majority of them play for fun, cuz well, it's more fun most of the time lol."

Or maybe cuz it's dead and noone cares about playoffs

"I've never seen a drop in activity, there is more activity now, just not at the same things, activity is split across different leagues, the average "competitive player" participates in 2-4 different leagues nowadays, with TuS Classic/Free league/TEL/NNNL/LW/a2b/Kaos and more, if you join a few of these, trust me, you will notice more activity than you realised, just gotta pick the right leagues at the right time, to me, this choice is better than in the old days where you only had like 1 main league to play, you have a very good variety of competitive leagues to suit everyones needs."

There have always been leagues like this, and the main league was still more active/competitive than it is now.

"And I am talking about way way way before FB,"

Yeh let's not talk about fb and move on, auha

I'm talking about "facts" because I don't feel like I'm defending past times, (didn't even talk about it in my "bump" post), I feel like i'm just stating the obvious. Whatever
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:09 PM by flex »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 02:12 PM »
As for clanners. If this was year 2000 5150 Wouldn't be a 50% win ratio clan. Don's make a big difference. I like the idea of no Dons. As for ropers. Yea its a shame they are mostly all gone but there are plenty of new ropers who are becoming quite good. Orange and Alenic are like a throwback to the old NBR days.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 02:25 PM »
I know, he messaged me in ag and got me thinking about this topic again. I meant maybe you listen more to KRD than me, auha

Not really lol, I still totally disagreed with him xD

Since when before 2006 were there 8 or more, successful active leagues?

Clanners are not dead, cFc play 100-200 clanners every season... Other clans play alot too, this month is lil less though, with TEL and some other stuff.

Anyway, nite all.

Offline flex

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 02:52 PM »
There have always been leagues like LW ("language" league), Rotated league in cl2k, or even 2 leagues at the same time, for singles or clanners or both. Still there always was one main successful league, with all best players fighting hard and playoffs played quickly. And I wouldn't call free/classic successful.
I know cfc is active, i said that in my previous post, but I'm talking about activity of good clans. Only dC and cfc are good and active as I said.

Good night? xD

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 02:54 PM »
There have always been leagues like LW ("language" league), Rotated league in cl2k, or even 2 leagues at the same time, for singles or clanners or both. Still there always was one main successful league, with all best players fighting hard and playoffs played quickly. And I wouldn't call free/classic successful.
I know cfc is active, i said that in my previous post, but I'm talking about activity of good clans. Only dC and cfc are good and active as I said.

Good night? xD
:o
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Anubis

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Since I started to play when roping was on it's prime I will always say the times back then were great and the best overall. Ropers or warmers were hosted all the time, you could always get a good game with someone on WN, be it for fun or a league game, I also think that DoN was actually good for activity, people that were specialized in 1 scheme and could get good stats. If you think about it cl2k/WL had WAY more games than FB simply because they allowed DoN, I bet the # of official league games were incredible high, they were just not reported because of DoN but I could get a league game late at night/early in the morning or whenever I wanted, there were WAY more americans/canadian and aussie players, they were 90% very good players and that is another reason for me why the popularity and quality of ropes has decreased so much.

Our beloved friends from america (and I include Canada here :P) were die hard fans of the roping scheme. When I aliased during this time I picked the American flag, it was a flag of quality. I know there are currently non-americans out there that are very good ropers but to be honest the skill level from NBR will never be reached. Not because I think noone can do it, it's just that noone is left with a really high passion towards roping, people can just watch replays to see the best and coolest tricks. Back then you actually HAD to play with them to see the greatest roping tricks, and it was at a time where still tricks could be developed so people just played endless sessions of warmers together.

After re-reading that part it might sound rascist but it's not lol, to make it short...
The audience of Worms has changed, to make a comparison:if you liked Western Movies you will have a problem nowadays because they are not famous anymore, at least not in the way they used to be. :)

And yeah, for me personally W:A is dead, I like to read the forums or give input to topics that I still care about but the magic has left W:A a few years ago, it started with FB, I adapted to the new competitive way that came with individual scheme rankings and played many clanners since W:A was ALWAYS about the people you play with, not you vs. another, I don't like the 1v1 setup a lot.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:55 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Most of your opinion is based on Rope Kai so I can understand how you feel that way.

There is definately still Ropers out there with "NBR quality" and more than I think you think, at least imo.

Yes, the audience has changed, most of the players we have lost were of American/Canadian/UK nationality, but why should that matter? I think it's better than the whole world is playing now, there are many people of different nationalities and I enjoy having conversations with them about their cultures and stuff.

I respect your opinions you think WA has had better times, hell i'd be ashamed if I didn't, and I do share alot of your views and dissapointed at the loss of certain things, but most of the reasons you gave are Rope related, maybe you just are not open-minded enough to enjoy this new-age of WA?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 06:02 PM »
I like the non-roping schemes a lot, hell I was in that one bng clan with Dw33b, al2cane etc. and it was pure fun, and I enjoyed the starComa time with lots of elite. But my heart has always been at roping, it's what got me hooked to Worms years ago. I also liked the Super Sheep games me and Cue had, I have always been open minded to the schemes, just think that I loved the older days more, maybe it's just the old mates I miss and can't adapt to that, they were thinking like me, all day long warmer. I remember I skipped a day of school back then to warm with my NBR buddies due to different timezones, lol.

Oh and another thing, I miss the prime of alias clans, qp and the like, it was just uber fun to guess who those guys were or trying to make your own ropeclan, it was just for fun but some people never realized that it was not to harm people when you make an alias. :)

Me, ropa and Animal had this one clan, something with Mole haha. And me and ropa made a roboter clan, just great memories with him. Or when him and me basically got ToP on our own into playoffs that one season, and then we moved to e5 with marco, thekrow... just awesome to remember that right now. :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:07 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline qp Magic

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 05:43 PM »
Speaking of horrible alias evil people like Anubis, what a whore you are.
message me.
I need to get you back into this roping shit. I think Ima buy the game again.
Lets alias the f@#! out of #AG
; )