Forums
May 03, 2024, 02:41 PM

Author Topic: W:A has been great, thanks to all of you!  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Anubis

W:A has been great, thanks to all of you!
« on: September 10, 2013, 08:26 PM »
I have never made an "I quit" thread but today is the day after I put a lot thoughts into it. During my semi-active comeback in the last couple months I enjoyed the clanners both in Q as well as the ones with dt, for a short period of time I thought W:A is back for me but I realized that I just don't have as much fun as I used to have, and it's not just old people that are missing, or a lot of public games are shopper/hysteria. I just can't feel the urge to play Worms anymore, I remember waking up and rushing to the toilet to get ready to play W:A all day even after several years of non-stop worming. It was really an awesome time and I wouldn't exchange it with anything. But a lot of time has passed and I suppose it's inevitable to leave W:A for good one time. I know many will say "you will come back", but for me this chapter of gaming is over. I just wanna thank all of you who made it possible to play a game for such a long period of time, I donated to MI for his brilliant work and I hope he will serve this community for a long time to come. He is clearly the greatest Admin W:A ever had!

I will make sure to drop in every once in a while to see what is happening with TUS and the people that are around.

Thanks again!

Offline twistah

Re: W:A has been great, thanks to all of you!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:40 PM »
good post, kai. but i dont think anyone cares if u quit to play this game. the more important thing is that u still around every now and then on the forums or something ^^. and ye, MI is the boss of all admins. didnt like tus in the beginning as u can see on my played games, but now its pretty nice and also i dont think any league survived that long like tus did already. but yea, keep in touch with us, metalhead! was cool with ya, true worms legend! \,,/.

btw, entered this topic randomly, btw. was hitting some keys on my kb and then it redirected me into this topic, lol. first i thought its old, but then it wasnt xD

Offline Crazy

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Sad to read this Anubis, but there's an end to everything I guess. Thanks for everything you done for this community, the community before that, the one before that, and even the one before that again. If it's allowed to seperate communities like that :P I feel there's been many different ones over the years, even though many players have been a part of all of them. You always contributed a lot to make things better, especially in discussions on forums, and that certainly shouldn't be underestimated ^^

You were kind of a legend when I started playing, you're name was atleast highly respected and I remember as a kid, my blood was pumping extra through my veins when I saw your name in Wormnet. I believe you have been and still are a legend for new players today. And I am happy for it, because of your kind and sporty behaviour. You kept pushing roping to new levels, and surely deserve to be mentioned with underlines in the history of worms! Also I'm glad you finally changed back from DeathInFire to Anubis and stuck with it!

PS: Surely a lot of people care twistah! There's a certain prejudice against the "I'm quitting-threads", I do understand why because many people kinda destroyed the point of it when they all quickly return some weeks/months later. Anubis actually deserve to make such a thread though, let him have it.

@League, I think TUS has kept as long active as Cl2K in total? It's about the same amount of years anyway, TUS will beat the rec for sure

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Anubis, it's always been a pleasure to play with you. I also like to remember stuff like the WcD sig contest which was long ago :).
You're certainly one of the only "cheater" that we all forgive about it.
The important point is that you'll keep coming on this forum. I wish you good luck dude.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:31 PM »
I just can't feel the urge to play Worms anymore, I remember waking up and rushing to the toilet to get ready to play W:A all day even after several years of non-stop worming.

I have this everyday xD

I played with Anubis 2-3 games only, but it was really nice to play with you :)

hf & gl in real life man :)

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42 PM »
See ya man and good luck.

I will never forget playing with you when I was just a newbie.  Was inspiring to say the least.  I even made it into Walnut thanks to being a victim to your devastating roping. 

You might say goodbye for a long time, but I expect one day you'll be tempted to dust off the cd and play some games online.

Take care man.

Cue :<

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:02 PM »
Pfff... can't say goodbye to Anubis. Even the time he didn't visit wormnet nemore he was still on everyone's mind. Legends never leave.

Have you found a new hobby Kai? If not, hope you find something soon that can give you the same passion  ;)

Take it you still hang around here as you do now?  :-*

Offline twistah

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 11:26 PM »
yea, anubis inspired me too. ive started when he was already owning. and that was like 2005 i think. for me he was the god of rope, and ive roped with much pretty good ropers, but anubis always just was on the top that no1 else could reach, i dunoo. thats how it is. roping = anubis

btw: do u have some band or know someone? i wanna do some metal'ish shit man. get a band and i rap to it

Offline taner

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 11:38 PM »
I have never made an "I quit" thread but today is the day after I put a lot thoughts into it. During my semi-active comeback in the last couple months I enjoyed the clanners both in Q as well as the ones with dt, for a short period of time I thought W:A is back for me but I realized that I just don't have as much fun as I used to have, and it's not just old people that are missing, or a lot of public games are shopper/hysteria. I just can't feel the urge to play Worms anymore, I remember waking up and rushing to the toilet to get ready to play W:A all day even after several years of non-stop worming. It was really an awesome time and I wouldn't exchange it with anything. But a lot of time has passed and I suppose it's inevitable to leave W:A for good one time. I know many will say "you will come back", but for me this chapter of gaming is over. I just wanna thank all of you who made it possible to play a game for such a long period of time, I donated to MI for his brilliant work and I hope he will serve this community for a long time to come. He is clearly the greatest Admin W:A ever had!

I will make sure to drop in every once in a while to see what is happening with TUS and the people that are around.

Thanks again!
I challenge you to one last match.

Offline twistah

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 11:43 PM »
ye, play me in every scheme too once, just for the legendary replays i can pull off in 10 years

Offline Anubis

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 07:22 AM »
Yeah I will stay on TUS, so basically it's just a message to you all that I will not pop in on WN anymore, last time I just disappeared for a few years, this time I wanted to say farewell to all of you in case it's really over. xD Also you aren't a wormer if you never made a "I quit" thread, now I can finally check that off the list to do in W:A. Oh what is that? 100% Achievements just unlocked in W:A.

The hardest one surely wasn't: Join 100 different clans. ;)

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 07:30 AM »
Damn anubis, do me a favor and do some warmers before you leave so some people can see what the real roping looks like, non of this wxw nlf garbage, you bring an era to the table when you play, a flow that can't be touched by modern standards, it will be a loss to see you leave and i definitely hear you when you say there is no more excitement in the game, but that is when you need to take hold and make the game fun, this game was fun for you when you didn't have anything else, now its time to make it fun for those who don't have anything else. I have noticed this game has been slimming like back in 2007 when i stopped i thought it was the end, even when i started in 04 i thought it was over, but even through 10 yrs it has lasted and to lose just one more of the elite is  a heartache, i know worms can recover, but it would be such a better place even if you showed up for an hour a day to show some noobs whats its like to really rope and not just shopper... Everyone has there time when they walk away from things they love i know i have walked away from things i was great at and wished i never did(Not worms, I wish i was better), but those are decisions we all make, and its just an evolution in the time of our lives, and we learn from the things we did. I wish you the best and i hope you greatness on the next step of your life, if you can put even half the effort in learning something new i know you will be great at it. Take care my wormy friend.
BRING IT ON!!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 07:55 AM »
some1 just wanted to hear a couple of love words? :D you haven't played for weeks and no1 noticed... and you won't leave tus forums anyway, so what's the difference?

Also I gotta disagree with mayhem, oldschool ropers are no match for modern standarts. I don't include warmers here, cuz it's not competitive scheme, some people do double reverse overdrives, and some just kick and pump around... the point is to have fun :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline avirex

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 04:28 PM »
holy shit, did anubis die??

i will miss you dear friend kai!!

oh wait... no,hes just leaving w:a guys, chill!

i dont see the point in leaving w:a... or atleast an "I quit" thread, just have fun man....  somedays i play for 3-4 hours straight... then theres days i wont even look at the computer...  its not about having that addiction anymore that i assume we all went through....

in my early days for atleast 2-3 years i was the same way, wake up, and cant get to the computer fast enough...  that is, if i even went to sleep!! am i right komo? ;)  jk

but we are older, we can play a bit more casually.... and still have fun..  i suggest you reconsider, i was having fun playing clanners with you :X but if your sure you have absolutely no interest in the game, i cant force it on ya!! good luck dude.. your always welcome in dt, you were an original member ofc, so i guess its fitting you end your career with us ae? peace

Offline NiCo`

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Hey anubis I miss you sexy roping :(( so you can back for me ?:D