Normal
7 (8%)
Hysteria
16 (18.2%)
I like all
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: January 08, 2011, 12:37 AM

Author Topic: Which schemes should die a painful death?  (Read 9125 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Which schemes should die a painful death?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Interesting  :)

It's not a secret that I voted BnG myself, I just find it dull, even though I once was among the somewhat better players  :)

Hysteria might be because people suck at it, but I was expecting TTRR to get votes for the same reason (I suck at it, utterly, but the principle of the game is something I can't disapprove of).

Maybe the piling thing is the reason?

I made the poll in the first place to see which schemes could possibly need an upgrade funwise, to make it more interesting and loved and perhaps more suited for the masses. BnG might be loved by an elite of hardcore followers, but on a larger scale, it is a scheme that is pretty much neglected these days.
Not saying we should change it instantly (or even at all), but this poll may give some interesting numbers as to what schemes people dislike in TUS and perhaps form an inclination to reconsider certain aspects of the schemes to make them more appealing to everyone.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 12:01 PM »
but I was expecting TTRR to get votes for the same reason (I suck at it, utterly, but the principle of the game is something I can't disapprove of).
Try not to vote on schemes you suck at, but only on those you simply find boring, stupid, crap.

WxW: It's just a practice scheme, where you learn to be regular (no strategy, or less enough to look like so).
Apart from that, it's freaking boring (at least all new maps), and luck is too much involved in it (and no way to counter it).
It's between Shoppa and RR, but a damn bad balance.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Bng for sure. And its not cuz i suck at it. I cant understand why ppl should be skilled at something not to hate it.

Wxw would be the second vote. Its just so dämn boring and lolos
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 12:31 PM »
BnG might be loved by an elite of hardcore followers

Haha, I liked your choice of words there, that pretty much sums us all up xD

I am proud of that explanation xD

I honestly think more people would enjoy BnG if they could play like us (b2b)

But I am more than happy to know that a good handful of the best overall players in the world, like BnG :)

It would be nice to make BnG more fun for a larger scale of people, but how could you do that without totally changing the scheme the way it is now?

Offline HHC

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 12:41 PM »
It would be nice to make BnG more fun for a larger scale of people, but how could you do that without totally changing the scheme the way it is now?

The current scheme is much different from the original BnG. The way I see it is that BnG should revolve around the weapons Bazooka and Grenades (and similar weapons).

There's a lot that can be changed from the current scheme. There's the unanchored version, the possibility to add petrols, clusters, mortars, etc. Or SheepBnG, or experiment with fort-type maps, or pixelized maps. Etcetera.

Ofcourse you don't implement all of these (it would be a madhouse), but maybe 1 or 2 tiny changes can make the game much more than basic ping-pong. For example, make it unanchored but with only 3-5 seconds on the timer. Like the BnG in hysteria, but without the tele abuse and with just a few more seconds to aim so it isn't as twitchy.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 01:05 PM »
I'd take part @ BnG's funeral xDDDDDDDDD

(jk ;p)
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Yeah but HHC, adding ANY other weapon would take away the defination of "B" n "G".

Unanchored BnG, sorry to say, is just too easy.

I mean you can't really win, keeping it the way it is I think is perfect, but larger scale doesn't, adding other weapons would make it a madhouse like you said.

I use to love BnG with 1 HHG on 10 turn delay, most average TuS BnGs last about 30 minutes, and each player taking around 100 shots, I think putting BnG the way it is, with 1 HHG on like 20 turn delay could be interesting, but it would have to be something similar like this, Can't start off with zooks nades petrols clusters etc, it'd defy the defination of BnG, but maybe after a certain amount of turns, introduce a couple of other weapons with limited supply, like, after 10 turns, give 1 petrol, after 15 turns give 3 clusters (as they don't do alot of damage, but could be could for a little push or something), after 20 turns, give a single 1 star powered HHG.

That would spice things up a bit, while keeping it balanced on grenade and zook.

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 01:46 PM »
shopper and wxw dieeeeeeeeee :D

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Change my vote from proper to bng please. thanks.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I believe people find BnG boring and dull because it takes long for them. Perhaps TUS could add an option, you could select from 2 types of schemes, one in which both players only have 100 HP and maybe 4 star weapons, faster sudden death. The other one would be the currently used scheme.

When playing BnG, players can agree upon which one to use (like Team17 with 7 girders or unlimited).

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 03:44 PM »
I don't hate BnG, i like plays when i'm almost hitting all shots :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Why isn't boom race on the list?  It's the only scheme that I'd bury to be long forgotten. 

Although I respect people who are experts in the finer details of this lovely game and it's that kind of person who tends to like boom race.

But let's burn it alive anyway! Rawr! :<

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Why isn't boom race on the list?  It's the only scheme that I'd bury to be long forgotten. 

Although I respect people who are experts in the finer details of this lovely game and it's that kind of person who tends to like boom race.

But let's burn it alive anyway! Rawr! :<

Some maps of BattleRace make me think like that.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 08:16 PM »
yeh none are plain awful, dont really see the point in this thread. I voted for bng and hysteria tho, hysteria needs a revamp, current scheme settings could be improved, gameplay could be better (supersheep on a 20 turn delay for example, one of many examples). I dont have a problem with bng, just dont enjoy a scheme where all you do is throw nades and shoot zooks.
worm and learn

Offline Devilage

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55 AM »
Hysteria>bng, bng its so boring having a stuck worm makes it more boring even that scheme should die chuck norris would agree with me, komo should bring his league here so we take bng off our league and ppl that enjoy the scheme can play it and the ones who think its annoying dont have to play coz some1 picks it that would f@#!ing rock.

Smoking proud.