Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:03 PM

Author Topic: Why did you stop playing WA?  (Read 9143 times)

Offline nino

Why did you stop playing WA?
« on: November 04, 2016, 02:08 AM »
Ill be more clear on my question, so many us here play WA for more than 15 years, and for many, including me,  WA is not the same as before, even playing rarely 1 or 2, it is not like it used to be back in the days, when we used to spent hours, days, weekends playing this game and f@#! society, f@#! pussies, f@#! everything  ;D

My question is more for old schools like Anubis, Darkz and others

So my question is, why did you stop playing like you used to?

Ill answer by myself, i did stop cos life stared to ask much more time from me than b4, so much work and time with gf/wife made me play each time less, and i dunno for you guys but WA for me must be all or nothing, playing 1 game or 2 is not so funny, cos you lose the fun of competition and each time you play and see u r so f@#!ing slow/rusty to play, comes a nostalgia that makes you feel a bit sad for few minutes and bleh, you just dont feel playing again for long time ahead.

Well Thats what happens with me, like so many can see here, i just cant leave this community, i still spend a lot of time on forum trolling putos and posting my shits on threads, so what is in ur minds old putos?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Csongi

Re: Why did you stop playing WA?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:03 AM »
I will just quote the legend Axl Rose here:

'Cause nothin' lasts forever. And we both know hearts can change

I became an inactive fart for 3 reasons (I'll write them in order of importance): lack of motivation to play, less free time, CS GO.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 08:15 AM »
I became an inactive fart for 3 reasons (I'll write them in order of importance): lack of motivation to play, less free time, CS GO.
I highly doubt that CS is the least important
actually, I'm pretty sure it's the reason of the rest of reasons
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Csongi

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Nope, I don't play that much CS, so I would still have some free time for W:A.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Tanki Online. xD

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 11:35 AM »
I get bored and stop, I come back when I crave that "feeling" you get from throwing down unbelievable warmer turns and having great chillz

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Tanki Online. xD
worst reason ever lol

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Tanki Online. xD

sounds like assbest, pls ban

Offline Mega`Adnan

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 01:06 PM »
playing 1 game or 2 is not so funny, cos you lose the fun of competition and each time you play and see u r so f@#!ing slow/rusty to play, comes a nostalgia that makes you feel a bit sad for few minutes and bleh, you just dont feel playing again for long time ahead.
This :( but i still try to fight :D

Offline nabwhoo

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Life.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Ill be more clear on my question, so many us here play WA for more than 15 years, and for many, including me,  WA is not the same as before, even playing rarely 1 or 2, it is not like it used to be back in the days, when we used to spent hours, days, weekends playing this game and f@#! society, f@#! pussies, f@#! everything  ;D

My question is more for old schools like Anubis, Darkz and others

So my question is, why did you stop playing like you used to?

Ill answer by myself, i did stop cos life stared to ask much more time from me than b4, so much work and time with gf/wife made me play each time less, and i dunno for you guys but WA for me must be all or nothing, playing 1 game or 2 is not so funny, cos you lose the fun of competition and each time you play and see u r so f@#!ing slow/rusty to play, comes a nostalgia that makes you feel a bit sad for few minutes and bleh, you just dont feel playing again for long time ahead.

Well Thats what happens with me, like so many can see here, i just cant leave this community, i still spend a lot of time on forum trolling putos and posting my shits on threads, so what is in ur minds old putos?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :D

Interesting question, I also often wondered why I lost so much interest in W:A. I could probably write a huge essay as to why but I will try to make it short.

The number 1 reason is pretty simple, during 2000-2008 I had shit Internet and my PC wasn't the strongest. W:A ran with everything and thus I spent all day on W:A because my hardware was simply not good enough for other games. When I got DSL Light (still shitty but workable) I had finally access to other online games like WoW or CS. Suddenly I had choices that I never had before and since I already played so much W:A I stopped playing it as much, I never quit altogether but surely cut my time spent on W:A in half. I was still active on W:A, just not as much.

Then there is the community. The people I grew up with are just gone, imagine living in a village where everyone you knew died/moved away and when you meet new people it's not the same to me. W:A has always been a place where everyone knew everyone, but for me it's different now. When I go online I just see foreign faces that I have no connection with. I rarely host a warmer or RR and feel sad when all I get is some unknown guy I don't have any memory from the past with. There are exceptions such as Kaleu, Peja and sbaffo. They are about the only "new" guys I am happy to see/talk to and consider them to be actual contacts from the new generation that I would label as friends. I know this sounds harsh but that are my thoughts. I feel like those 3 guys would have also enjoyed the past more than the current game. sbaffo would love the competition with all oldies and wouldn't need to deal with so much shit, while we also had avoiders/noob bashers they were just so many good players they would never be able to get in PO spots. Kaleu is genuinely interested in the past and Peja is kind of the guy I wish existed back then because he is an excellent listener that won't judge you, he reminds me of Karol (sharky/nakra) quite a bit, just more crazy lol.

Then there is the loss of warmers. While old people left, not many new people filled in the shoes in that scheme. It was my #1 played scheme outside of league activities. Warmer is the greatest with 3-4 people that all are close in skill which you simply can't find today anymore unless you are really really lucky. If you think finding a clanner is hard, try finding 3-4 similar skilled warmers nowadays.

Then obviously, because you play less and less you see your skill decline. While I am always decent at roping due to the sheer amount of roping I did in my life regardless of breaks. My other schemes suffered a lot. My BnG is horrendous compared to older times, I know it was "just" notching but I had it mastered to the point that even trick shots weren't a problem. Elite is another scheme I probably would lose 90% of my games vs. my former self simply because of lack of bng skills. Having the ability to 100% shoot petrol bombs where you want is crucial in elite for example.

If I had to name an order what "killed" W:A for me the most here is a TLDR version:

1. Bored of W:A; Access to other online games
2. Community changed; loss of friends
3. Loss of warmers altogether
4. Loss of personal competitive skill as a result of 1-3 and playing less
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:46 PM by Anubis »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 01:50 PM »
The problem is Anubis, you do not take the time to familiarize yourself with new people. Sit down, try and have a conversation with them. WA is like any other games, a game to play and people to chat with.
You almost seem a little condescending, a common trait a lot of people possess.

The issue is simple, a lot of old school people tend to stick together, clinging on to something that once was but is not any longer present. Ergo the inextricably longing ruins the game overall experience. Although, this does not mean the game is dead, it is dead because of you narrowed sight but understandingly so. You should not neglect what is now, the past only exist because of memories and will not return.

Sadly like most games, a person will only gain recognition through competitive play, if not, they will be ignored. Then again, this is how it works, I would think.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 02:11 PM »
There are many factors as to why I don't sit down to new people and get to know them. The biggest problem is the language barrier, it easily filters out half or even more of the community. Broken English is just unbearable for me.

I disagree about the recognition, back then warmer clans were highly respected (ie.: NBR, qp) and they are remembered to this date as one of the best ropers of all time and not for their competitive play.

What was your name back then because I don't recognize it and as such I can't take many points to heart because well, I dunno if we are even on the same ground, lol.

Offline darKz

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 03:10 PM »
I just liked the elitist community from back then waaay better than what is left of it now. After FB was shut down it all went to shit, many of my friends stopped playing, all the leagues after FB were far worse quality-wise, lots of new faces appeared on WNet who mostly couldn't even speak proper English or were just incredibly annoying like Chelsea or Kradie.
I actually tried to cope with the situation but in the long run there was nothing I would be interested in except for clanners. And even those were kinda boring. I mean not even the forums are interesting anymore, I only come here out of habit.

Then Dota 2 was released and it was just so much more interesting than ye olde half-dead W:A.

Just like Csongi, I still have a decent amount of free time and could technically play W:A for a couple hours a day but at this point it's just not appealing anymore, not even slightly.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010