Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:43 PM

Author Topic: WormsCon 2.0 - massive gathering!  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Free

WormsCon 2.0 - massive gathering!
« on: April 24, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Can you imagine the feeling when gathering with Wormers all over the world in a big event dedicated to our love: Worms Armageddon. I know, you cum a little on ur pantz.

Colon's WormsCon plans back in the days were bit ridicilous. He was going to fly everyone one in, and we would play on planitium keyboards and have massive sponsors and so on. Lot's of talk, nothing happening.

We should work as community to make this thing happen AND if we do it right nicely, let's try to get media coverage. 8)

So guys.

Keep in mind, this the workplace thread and you throw suggestions/problems/bonuses you might think of.

Let's be realistic first of all.

We're looking for most amount of people, that's the point. Some of us already have had many small gatherings by a smaller number of people but we're aiming A LOT higher.

There's no bunnies, rainbows and goldpots on this one guys. Everyone has to buy their own plane ticket. Or you can beg for nino.

Where it should be held then?

My suggestion is Europe. The Netherlands, Amsterdam or somewhere close.
Why? First of all, it's easier to leave from USA than it's to enter there, so that's out. Sorry guys.
Secondly, Netherlands is quite middle in Europe, you can save some money when buying tickets.

Let's face it, a huge amount of us who are not kids like to drink alcohol and smoke weed and Amsterdam is great place for that for one reason. It's also a really beatiful city to go check out. We can enjoy our gaming seesions while enjoying ice cold beers and tasty bud.

Amsterdam is just a suggestion, tell your own ideas if you have something awesome.

It's not that big of a deal to talk about the space we're going to play in because we have no clue how much people are showing up. However, I'm sure it's not going to cost much, so it's not of a big deal.

Then we need to think about where to rest since I'm sure people want to stay for more than just one night. Weekender would be nice. We could rent a hostel rooms for us, some can hold up to 16 people and the cost is very little. Depending the gathering space's size and possibilities, those who want could just sleep there.

When the original WormsCon was planned, most of us were very young but nowadays we're much older and we can make things like airplane ticket and a little cash to happen much easier.

Main thing is guys. YOU need to be transformed into worms mania and want to make this happen, and I promise to everyone, it will happen and we will have awesome time. I've met bunch of wormers and I have only good memories from them.

WHEN?

Planning will take time and I think NEXT SUMMER is overall the best time to hold WormsCon, it's warm, you can chill outside after hardcore gaming sessions.

Let's get the ball rolling, share your thoughts!

Offline Rabbzz

Re: WormsCon 2.0 - massive gathering!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Great idea I would love to do that but I'm broke  :( and I'm Pretty sure my girlfriend would crack it if I went overseas just to play worms lol

If anyone's ever in Australia pm me ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:27 AM by Rabbit »

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48 AM »
if this were to actually materialise I would be there, I have money for a ticket, we need an action plan!
worm and learn

Offline twistah

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:08 AM »
I thought about the same places before reading your post completely, Janu. ;D
I'm not sure hows the gaming going to work out. Not everyone got a laptop and I doubt everyone is travelling around the world with a bunch of equipment XD

Offline angus

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:07 AM »
heheh cool i can be there...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:50 AM »
If it's Amsterdam count me in, I go there often.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02 PM »
In Polish city- Bolesławiec (:

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:11 PM »
i doubt it would ever happen... all though if it did, would be awesome...

i all ways thought colon was a pedophile trying to get a bunch of young boys gathered together, and he would even pay....

i think Michael Jackson did something similar with never never land, or whatever it was called lol

Offline Anubis

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49 PM »
I'm not sure hows the gaming going to work out. Not everyone got a laptop and I doubt everyone is travelling around the world with a bunch of equipment XD

You don't need that many laptops for a meeting like that since hotseat will work. I'd say 4 people each Laptop. I have 10 reliable IBM Rapid Access 2 kb's sitting around in the corner so I can bring the kbs. 

Offline twistah

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59 PM »
True. Bring your Guitar Hero Roping KB, haha.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 01:03 PM »

You don't need that many laptops for a meeting like that since hotseat will work. I'd say 4 people each Laptop. I have 10 reliable IBM Rapid Access 2 kb's sitting around in the corner so I can bring the kbs. 

Lol everyone playing on laptops who so even the playing field xD

Offline darKz

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 01:49 PM »
I'd definitely go if there's some time first to save some money. Can bring a laptop too if needed, unless it breaks until the meeting happens. BUT you can take this for granted, I'd go, cuz I already met lots of wormers, Germany only though and Netherlands isn't exactly too far away. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 02:08 PM »
there's a very mainstream coffee shop in Amsterdam, the biggest of the Bulldog clubs that has Worms1 installed in two of their surf  computers.

True story.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05 PM »
So you think if a big group of nerds comes to ask them to host a meeting for W:A they will probably say yes? ;)
Btw, if there is no non-smoker area I am out. I don't smoke weed/cigs at all anymore and the smell kills me.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:06 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 03:16 PM »
So you think if a big group of nerds comes to ask them to host a meeting for W:A they will probably say yes? ;)
Btw, if there is no non-smoker area I am out. I don't smoke weed/cigs at all anymore and the smell kills me.

Of course not.

And you can stay in the hotel warming.

;)

on a more serious note, the way I see it, the hardcore worming would be at night in whoever's hotel has a better meeting room we can freely use, or in the worst case scenario, in however has the bigger room.
I mean, if we're gonna meet to hang out together I understand all we have in common is worms, but I'm pretty sure more people other than I will be fine with spending the time doing non wormy things, for most of the day  :-[
Eat a bag full of dicks.