Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:32 PM

Author Topic: Rope schemes without parachute  (Read 1043 times)

Offline vesuvio

Re: Rope schemes without parachute
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 10:39 AM »
i can learn how to dance  :-X ??
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:42 AM by vesuvio »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2024, 03:54 PM »
It all depends on what you want to see. 

for rope race I generally like parachute and people trying faster techniques than just trying not to fall.

My option is TUS big rr should have LDET/para to make it as fast as possible

Hm, surprising to hear this from you. Whole beauty of TUS BigRR, for me, is to have that little dose of caution and adrenaline of not failing first half of the turn.. Gradually speeding up trying to play your best game. Not safest game - but the best game.

Just to be clear... When you report a replay for some BigRR chally- do you report one with a funnerlike or leaguelike gameplay? I bet it's the latter

TUS BigRR is perfect the way it is right now. (although, someone told me few days back that league scheme still have teleport inside!?!?)

We really do need to make a list of changes and let MI know everything so he can update all bugged schemes for future seasons.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2024, 05:32 PM »
TUS BigRR is perfect the way it is right now.

;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D ;D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2024, 06:08 PM »
?

Offline Senator

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2024, 06:10 PM »
Teleport + 3 worms in Big RR (which no one uses) should probably be replaced with anti-sink.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2024, 06:39 PM »
Teleport + 3 worms in Big RR (which no one uses) should probably be replaced with anti-sink.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2024, 07:06 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-154/

^ if you open this link, scroll down, and click on the "scheme weapons options" you will see that it still has inf teleport ammo. it is not needed neither for tower and ESPECIALLY nor for big rr :-\ :-\ :-\ (as we discussed this before in another thread)

pls change that bullsh*t, and change the other outdated TFL schemes from 2010-2012 as well.

I think the league scheme for big rr shouldn't change, it's good the way it is. if you want fast roping with ldet and no punishment for falling, Kirill and others are hosting a lot of TUS challenges, there, they are perfect for that :) the league big rr+tower scheme needs only 1 change: is to disable teleports. 40 sec, no retreat time, basic roping physics; is suitable for league games.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2024, 08:46 PM »
I like to play zar rope how i like sex: fast and without protection

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2024, 09:17 PM »
I like to play zar rope how i like sex: fast and without protection
No wonder you never reach the end 🤣

The current Big RR scheme is pathetic though.

And it's not the inventory, it's how we measure who won that's absolutely pathetic.

Offline Senator

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2024, 06:27 AM »
The current Big RR scheme is pathetic though.

And it's not the inventory, it's how we measure who won that's absolutely pathetic.

What's a better way to measure who won?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2024, 06:29 AM »
Haha,. I really want to hear this answer.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2024, 07:02 AM »
The current rule doesn't even make much sense! :D

The player who reaches the finish with less turns wins. In 2v2 and 3v3 the team that players reach the finish with less turns combined wins. Remaining turn time is a tie-breaker.

If you plop, then use teleport to place where you started the last turn.

It's the same with TTRR, it's illogical. Sometimes the loser is the winner in TTRR because you don't use milliseconds.

Honestly, who makes up these rules? Are they on drugs? Did you let children under 10 years of age decide? ;D

It's pretty simple.

For TTRR - Start using milliseconds. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it literally represents the truth and you're all liars for avoiding that all these years. I've found multiple replays in the past where the player who actually won, went on to lose because of this illogical rule.

For Big RR ideally it would be who reaches the finish in the least amount of time, but people are too lazy for that, but you could EASILY make it better:

"The player who reaches the finish with less turns wins, if they finish during the same turn then whoever had the most turntime remaining wins.

In 2v2 and 3v3 the team that finishes both turns first with less combined turns wins. If both teams finish on the same turn then whichever team had the most combined turntime left wins."

Really, it's not rocket science for crying out loud. I've been saying this for YEARS but you still prefer to play with a false reality instead.

Ideally, we would be completely changing the Big RR scheme because 40s turns is rubbish, I'd rather TT Big RR, it's much more accurate and balanced.

But again, people like to torture themselves with illogical schemes.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2024, 08:15 AM »
The current rule doesn't even make much sense! :D

Rule you're talking about was changed years ago. Probably when BigRR moved from Free league into Allround.
Scheme description just wasn't updated. Player who reaches finish in less ammount of time is a winner. And time is calculated when they finish in the same turn. It's the logical and fairest way. Don't know what you're complaining about, tbh.

Ideally, we would be completely changing the Big RR scheme because 40s turns is rubbish, I'd rather TT Big RR, it's much more accurate and balanced.

And what then? Stop playing 90% of Big RR maps people made because most of them take 300-400 seconds to finish? You out of all people suggesting TT BigRR, when you couldn't race with jetpack for longer than a minute last time we played.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 08:24 AM by Sensei »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2024, 08:31 AM »
Rule you're talking about was changed years ago. Probably when BigRR moved from Free league into Allround.
Scheme description just wasn't updated. Player who reaches finish in less ammount of time is a winner. And time is calculated when they finish in the same turn. It's the logical and fairest way. Don't know what you're complaining about, tbh.

Um, nope, I literally quoted the current rule, go check for yourself:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-154/

It is not the most logical and fairest way. They haven't even written it properly!

The person who reaches in the shortest time is NOT always the winner!

The person who reaches in the shortest amount of turns, if the other doesn't finish on the same turn, is the winner.

You do realize that you can actually reach the finish in less actual roping time, but more turns, right?

This is exactly what I mean, people don't even know basic math/english/physics etc.

It's sometimes embarassing.

And what then? Stop playing 90% of Big RR maps people made because most of them take 300-400 seconds to finish? You out of all people suggesting TT BigRR, when you couldn't race with jetpack for longer than a minute last time we played.

Jetpacking is different than Roping for me, the way you actually press buttons hurts me, roping doesn't...

Also, nobody even plays 90% of Big RR or TTRR maps other than the very very few players who are absolutely obsessed!

So that wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2024, 09:10 AM »
Don't have anything against TT Big RR, if you didn't notice - it was me who uploaded it here ~10yrs ago.

Although, to play league with this scheme, we would need a whole new system.
Legion would need to update his BigRR Generator to have a timecode on the map when it was made, so ppl couldn't abuse their map picks. It would also need special parameters under which a hoster can generate his map (certain numbers of pixels for width,height,size of the cell etc..). So all maps are fresh and under, let's say 70-80 seconds for a good roper. All above that would be calling for a carpal tunnel.

Then again.. Why do all of this, when we already have TT Big RR in one section of TUS which is Challenges?
TT Big RR in leagues would only make sense if nizikawa's Realtime module is fully released with working replays. But until then, let's just stick with turn based league system: Players competing to use their whole turns in fastest way possible. Falling will probably be punished. Nothing wrong with that.