Forums
May 10, 2024, 06:03 AM

Author Topic: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat  (Read 55142 times)

Offline nino

Re: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2011, 11:00 PM »
porra angus lemme talk xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline angus

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2011, 11:15 PM »
 xd I wanted edit the post: ''except nino'' but u already know : p

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2011, 11:18 PM »
¬¬
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Chakkman... just read first post in this topic, MI clearly explained.
It's about script in AHK who allows you to press another space, while one is already pressed, and still work! Normaly it blocks you, because just think, you can't press your space while it's already pressed, same in keychanger, remapkey, but it was special script to allow it. You don't need too good timing with it, because you don't care if you leave space or not, it works everytime you press it.

I think you're missing the point of chakky's post here. There are other ways to get unfair advantages, I've heard of several other ways people gain an advantage over others. The question is: where do you draw the line? Is modifying your kb so you can tap faster unfair?
Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught dead using third party programs or mucking around with my keyboard or basically anything that would enhance my skills without me requiring to simply be better. I'd rather lose (which I do quite frequently ;D)

Offline chakkman

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Chakkman... just read first post in this topic, MI clearly explained.
It's about script in AHK who allows you to press another space, while one is already pressed, and still work! Normaly it blocks you, because just think, you can't press your space while it's already pressed, same in keychanger, remapkey, but it was special script to allow it. You don't need too good timing with it, because you don't care if you leave space or not, it works everytime you press it.
Hm, think i gotta try it to see what it does, from what google tells me it's some macro program similar to the G-series Logitech driver thing but dunno...

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Pls keep out zillians from this conversation xd

how i was saying...

this coment make my thesis right, yes?

^^

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught dead using third party programs or mucking around with my keyboard or basically anything that would enhance my skills without me requiring to simply be better. I'd rather lose (which I do quite frequently ;D)

That would be fair, if every single PC and k/b in the world was the same, but considering some technology/hardware/software is better/different than others, some find it unfair that some kid has the money to buy all the best while some poor kid can't afford best technology, so they used program like "KeyChanger" to even the playing field.

You being a doctor should be on the same line.

People dying, you use programs and machines etc to stop them from dying, therefor cheating life and the natural way of things.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2011, 12:45 AM »

People dying, you use programs and machines etc to stop them from dying, therefor cheating life and the natural way of things.

But we're still talking about cheating on a kid video game right? :D

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2011, 12:45 AM »

Really? ;D

Perspective, Komo! My work involves people's lives. WA is a 12 year old game of anthropomorphic worms blowing eachother up with sheep that wear helmets and no league earns you a penny (except ones where the cup/tourney/league moderator offers money for the winners)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Really? ;D

Perspective, Komo! My work involves people's lives. WA is a 12 year old game of anthropomorphic worms blowing eachother up with sheep that wear helmets and no league earns you a penny (except ones where the cup/tourney/league moderator offers money for the winners)

Perspective nothing, it's the principle, it's about balance.

And you musta missed the point, because my point is, I think it's perfectly fine to alter your KB if you can't afford good ones etc.

And your work makes it even worse btw, you are playing with peoples lives, they are in risk of an accidental dosage of medicine, or a surgery gone wrong and could die, they could catch infection just being at the Hospital, but, it's all in good cause, trying to save people.

You say, it's only a 12 year old game, well, if it's "only a game" then don't say it's not cool?

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2011, 12:58 AM »
Can't afford good ones?

Are you saying there's a more expensive keyboard I could buy which would make my roping better?

I don't think so.  Most people cherish their old shitty keyboards because they rope best on them.

I use a £10 keyboard after ditching my G15.

Your arguments are priceless though Komo.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2011, 01:00 AM »
Can't afford good ones?

Are you saying there's a more expensive keyboard I could buy which would make my roping better?

I don't think so.  Most people cherish their old shitty keyboards because they rope best on them.

I use a £10 keyboard after ditching my G15.

Your arguments are priceless though Komo.

fu and i was happy to use a £4 one  :(
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2011, 01:05 AM »
And your work makes it even worse btw, you are playing with peoples lives, they are in risk of an accidental dosage of medicine, or a surgery gone wrong and could die, they could catch infection just being at the Hospital, but, it's all in good cause, trying to save people.

You say, it's only a 12 year old game, well, if it's "only a game" then don't say it's not cool?

Jesus man you just can't let one topic pass without yet another stupid controversial offending side kick on someone to put the spotlight on you. Shame really, i know you could do better.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2011, 01:06 AM »
Wtf? chakk, are you really gonna act that dumb?

The point I make, makes perfect f@#!ing sense in light of what DarkOne said, I AM f@#!ING AGREEING WITH HIM.

Don't be stupid...

Cueshark, I am the same, this keyboard I have, for MY style ownz, it cost £5, but I have to use keychanger to use left control as space.

I only ever had 1 keyboard that worked perfect for my style and I broke it, i've never found another, and I refuse to spend £50+ on a keyboard for a £2 game.

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2011, 01:08 AM »

That would be fair, if every single PC and k/b in the world was the same, but considering some technology/hardware/software is better/different than others, some find it unfair that some kid has the money to buy all the best while some poor kid can't afford best technology, so they used program like "KeyChanger" to even the playing field.

But aren't you then doing the same thing cheaters are doing from the perspective of players who choose not to avoid their keyboard's keylock without resorting to third party software (at least until we scrap together the money to buy decent hardware...)? You're making things easier for yourself.

This is just a train of thought, by the way, not necessarily my thought-out opinion.