Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:46 PM

Author Topic: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat  (Read 55007 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Bl Sniper. You will no win anymore

Why? He has rope skills, He just wont be able to tap as fast. He can use 1 finger and still be good or try to fr.

I feel for all the people with key lock and bad spaces and the people that need to use 2 spaces in order to get fast taps but the best way for a even playing field and no cheating and scripts is to outlaw all programs scripts macros etc

I dont know how else you will detect this

So you assume everyone with fast taps has to use 2 space bars or remapped his keys? That's a little bit over the top. ;)

For me this sounds like the ancient witch hunt, someone looked suspicious, let's burn him!

But just like you said, you won't be able to detect who is using remapped keys, the said autohotkey script or 2 space bars or whatever. Why? Simply because you don't have a camera installed in his/her room to see it, and I don't know how Cybershadow would be allowed to install a RAM scanning program into the W:A client. Because as of now we don't have a terms of use accepted that allows T17 to scan our RAM for the program (or programs if there are more).

And that is very unlikely to happen in my opinion, or else it would have happened years ago because cheats/macros have been around since the very early years of W:A.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:35 PM by DeathInFire »

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 01:39 PM »
So,ppl cna use 2 spaces,but just cant use a program which make u tap 2 times with 1 of buttons is still pressed?

Becoz many players use fr in 2 spaces, i dont like to learn fr, but i have no problem with this,just want to know what we can or not...

Bl Sniper. You will no win anymore

Why? He has rope skills, He just wont be able to tap as fast. He can use 1 finger and still be good or try to fr.

I feel for all the people with key lock and bad spaces and the people that need to use 2 spaces in order to get fast taps but the best way for a even playing field and no cheating and scripts is to outlaw all programs scripts macros etc

I dont know how else you will detect this

So you assume everyone with fast taps has to use 2 space bars or remapped his keys? That's a little bit over the top. ;)

For me this sounds like the ancient witch hunt, someone looked suspicious, let's burn him!

But just like you said, you won't be able to detect who is using remapped keys, the said autohotkey script or 2 space bars or whatever. Why? Simply because you don't have a camera installed in his/her room to see it, and I don't know how Cybershadow would be allowed to install a RAM scanning program into the W:A client. Because as of now we don't have a terms of use accepted that allows T17 to scan our RAM for the program (or programs if there are more).

And that is very unlikely to happen in my opinion, or else it would have happened years ago because cheats/macros have been around since the very early years of W:A.

Nice coment!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Anubis, you have a point, wouldn't it be illegal for MI to make this script? Wouldn't he need permission?

Also, MI:

I use Keychanger so I can use "Left Control" as "Space", does this mean my games are illegal even though I only tap with 1 finger and i'm slow lol?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 01:42 PM »
If TUS developed an anti-cheat tool you would (by joining the league) agree that, if you decide to play league games, allow TUS Anti Cheat tool to scan for cheats. Not sure if everyone (regardless if he/she uses cheats or not) like that happen. It's a privacy violation in many eyes.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 01:46 PM »
I use Keychanger so I can use "Left Control" as "Space", does this mean my games are illegal even though I only tap with 1 finger and i'm slow lol?

What's so hard in understanding MI's 1st post and why it makes everybody confused about the present rules? Komo, you can use it, because it's a normal remap. As far as you can't use a key while holding another you're not doing anything illegal.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Yeah but, it should be legal to innocently use a Keychanger cuz your Space is Keylocked?

Seriously, what sad pathetic arsehole needs to cheat on WA of all games anyway? It's 2011 ffs, go hack some real games you noobs...

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Yes, you can use it. I have to remap my arrows and use 1235 on numpad to avoid keylock too. It's even harder to play, because enter isn't above my index finger and I have to use my left hand in case to fire. :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Yes, you can use it. I have to remap my arrows and use 1235 on numpad to avoid keylock too. It's even harder to play, because enter isn't above my index finger and I have to use my left hand in case to fire. :)

Use your pinky finger to press enter, it should lay on numpad enter by default. :)

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 01:58 PM »
We are waiting for AimBot. Bng will be better (:

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 02:03 PM »
:0o0o0o0o0o0o0
1 space now.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Maciej

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 02:04 PM »

I just wanted to comment it, but no words... Just read first post in this topic which clearly explains your problem and then take a word...

Offline Maciej

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 02:05 PM »
1 space now.

lol, you needed an official topic for it? When I told you to stop cheating few months ago you didn't really care!

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 02:09 PM »
1 space now.

lol, you needed an official topic for it? When I told you to stop cheating few months ago you didn't really care!

I didn't know that i was cheating, because i've not made the script.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26 PM »

Use your pinky finger to press enter, it should lay on numpad enter by default. :)

Yep, I know, but I don't 'feel' the shoot when I use enter on numpad + I kinda adjusted to currect solution. :)

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 02:58 PM »
2 spaces, fr are allowed. Using this specific AHK script is not allowed. Simple remapping of keyboard are allowed.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.