Forums
May 20, 2024, 06:28 PM

Author Topic: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat  (Read 55312 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00 PM »
i mean seriously noone on earth has such reflexes or hand-eye coordination or even such quick fingers

The Chinese, man, the Chinese. We've seen nothing yet.

LMAO !!! +1 man !! g1 haha xD

Offline chakkman

« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00 PM »
But... those are authority controlled robots!

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2011, 12:02 PM »
@SnipeR`, How about some shame, getting quiet and fixing your roping issue?
Maybe right but then a lot of other guys should be ashamed too... also i don't really get the fuss about this. There's always been cheating on worms, i remember lyte used some tool like xspeed on wwp, Anubis or MrE's completely pwnage roping isn't real either (i mean seriously noone on earth has such reflexes or hand-eye coordination or even such quick fingers). Strangely noone doubts their repuation while every1 doubts Sniper's. :)

Great post. I heard about programs like x-speed waaaaaaay before it was found being used on w:a. Some oldschool w2'r told me about it in like 99' and I thought he was talking shit and that it was impossible ( I knew even less about computers then).

I'm sure there is more programs that are currently being used and there was a lot more people then sniper who was using this script. Sniper should be commended for saying exactly what he was using and opening peoples eyes to it.  
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2011, 12:30 PM »
I'm sure there is more programs that are currently being used and there was a lot more people then sniper who was using this script. Sniper should be commended for saying exactly what he was using and opening peoples eyes to it.  

Bravo man, well said :)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2011, 01:54 PM »
I think it is time to lock this.

@Devilage, Your language is getting disturbing man. How about skipping the green dot?

Ok, but someone always comes and post something to make me angry.  :-X

+1 for all.   ::)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline rU`

« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Maybe right but then a lot of other guys should be ashamed too... also i don't really get the fuss about this. There's always been cheating on worms, i remember lyte used some tool like xspeed on wwp,
sorry but I have to point this out; even though I didn't like Lyte/Slawek too much at wwp times, I gotta say he wasn't a cheater. There were no cheaters on WWP because the game hardly allowed it. Apart from the old constipated silkworm which was f@#!ing ugly, useless and easy to detect it. /OT
I agree with the rest of what you said, well said man, also Dub-c :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:54 PM by Leroy »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Maybe right but then a lot of other guys should be ashamed too... also i don't really get the fuss about this. There's always been cheating on worms, i remember lyte used some tool like xspeed on wwp, Anubis or MrE's completely pwnage roping isn't real either (i mean seriously noone on earth has such reflexes or hand-eye coordination or even such quick fingers). Strangely noone doubts their repuation while every1 doubts Sniper's. :)

Great post. I heard about programs like x-speed waaaaaaay before it was found being used on w:a. Some oldschool w2'r told me about it in like 99' and I thought he was talking shit and that it was impossible ( I knew even less about computers then).

Very well said by both of you. Sniper is not a coward, the cowards are the ones letting Sniper take all the shit from people, while they go free. We all know he`s not the only one using it (or atleast was using it until this was detected).

Offline chakkman

« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Maybe right but then a lot of other guys should be ashamed too... also i don't really get the fuss about this. There's always been cheating on worms, i remember lyte used some tool like xspeed on wwp,
sorry but I have to point this out; even though I didn't like Lyte/Slawek too much at wwp times, I gotta say he wasn't a cheater. There were no cheaters on WWP because the game hardly allowed it. Apart from the old constipated silkworm which was f@#!ing ugly, useless and easy to detect it. /OT
I agree with the rest of what you said, well said man, also Dub-c :)
Tools like xspeed manipulate the way your cpu works, not the game itself. So, yes, it is possible to cheat on wwp. :) Same goes for AHK, that would work on wwp too because it manipulates the way your keyboard behaves not the game. Solo once posted on cbc-wwp forum that lyte used some tool btw, i doubt his own clan mate would lie about that. :)

Offline rU`

« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2011, 05:08 PM »
kk but it would lag as hell! anyway i'll ask SoLo about that.

by the way I tried UWT on wwp just to see if it'd work and it doesn't  ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:10 PM by Leroy »

Offline darKz

« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2011, 05:55 PM »
UWT is a simple script.. It's just a guess but UWT is timed for 50fps which WA has - since WWP only has 30fps (if I remember correctly), it's out of sync there..
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2011, 06:30 PM »
UWT is a simple script.. It's just a guess but UWT is timed for 50fps which WA has - since WWP only has 30fps (if I remember correctly), it's out of sync there..

Who started this myth about WWP not running at 50 fps? Third time I'm hearing it recently and I just have no idea where it came from!

I have to also say that I find it ridiculous that a cheater should be praised for "opening the eyes of the community" by publicly posting his cheat for anyone to modify and use after getting caught. The people who truly wanted to find out why some relatively new players were tapping like a boss knew already. Those who didn't have the time or motivation to find out were surely better off not being paranoid about it, right? It's not like there's anything else they could/would do. At least that's the vibe I got from MI when we were talking about some problematic challenge submissions a while ago.

Offline darKz

« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Sorry for not doing any research on my claim beforehand, blame the evil aliens who implanted that 'fact' into my brain! :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Alien

« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22 PM »
it wasn't me, i am friendly and came in peace to your planet ! O;

Offline chakkman

« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Actually i read the same thing on t17 forums (the 30fps thing). I think it was related to the thing that you sometimes miss a tap on wwp... sounded feasible to me but well, what do i know. :)

Offline rU`

« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2011, 07:52 PM »

Who started this myth about WWP not running at 50 fps? Third time I'm hearing it recently and I just have no idea where it came from!

The first person who I heard stating it was sir Ropa. So yeah, I'm going to blame him  :P

Oh Hai Nogard!