Forums
May 18, 2024, 10:53 AM

Author Topic: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat  (Read 55290 times)

Offline Devilage

Re: Using AutoHotKey is considered as a cheat
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I think it is time to lock this.

@SnipeR`, How about some shame, getting quiet and fixing your roping issue?
@Devilage, Your language is getting disturbing man. How about skipping the green dot?

Can't help it dude I liek to talk like this and I don't think I'll change, a green dot well do it I can smoke it :) if u don't like swear words just make a filter.

Smoking proud.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2011, 11:03 PM »
At least that's the vibe I got from MI when we were talking about some problematic challenge submissions a while ago.

I love MI's vibes, were always positive and good ones..  . . \\\
I love the fact that U two at least talk to each other.. .  ;x

Spot a cheater?
Mofos.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2011, 06:51 AM »
I have to also say that I find it ridiculous that a cheater should be praised for "opening the eyes of the community" by publicly posting his cheat for anyone to modify and use after getting caught.

If you'd get off your f@#!ing high horse and stop trying to be a know it all, then maybe you'd understand why.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I have to also say that I find it ridiculous that a cheater should be praised for "opening the eyes of the community" by publicly posting his cheat for anyone to modify and use after getting caught.

If you'd get off your f@#!ing high horse and stop trying to be a know it all, then maybe you'd understand why.

what?  krd is f@#!ing right

if u wanna look like a good person or something like that cos of "oh poor sniper everyone is bashing him cos he cheat", thats not the way lol ...  sniper cheated and he deserve to be punished

but well ... it looks like nof@#!ingone is gonna do something about it...   

Offline darKz

« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2011, 12:06 PM »
The only point in favor of SnipeR is that he initially didn't even know it was a cheat. He negated this point though by playing more league games after his script was declared a cheat. :)

Anyway, better close this thread imo.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Guaton, I ain't trying to look like anything, i'm telling it like it is, there will always be people on either side, I think logically it's a good thing we now know about this, why wouldn't it be, and I praise Sniper for being honest, even if it's a little late, he's doing the right thing, how can't you see that?

Offline Guaton

« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2011, 12:30 PM »
if my general Pinochet would have been here as mod , he would have pwned sniper ... xd

Offline nino

« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2011, 12:56 PM »
General Kirocheat? xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Tools like xspeed manipulate the way your cpu works, not the game itself. So, yes, it is possible to cheat on wwp. :) Same goes for AHK, that would work on wwp too because it manipulates the way your keyboard behaves not the game. Solo once posted on cbc-wwp forum that lyte used some tool btw, i doubt his own clan mate would lie about that. :)

Nope, xSpeed doesn't let you cheat on worms online except when all players use it with same delay/acceleration. Otherwise user will cause lag and eventually crash the game.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Looks like the next challenge will be xspeed rr - free for everyone! ;x

What's the big difference between xspeed and all the wkits that everyone uses with legacy these days? Same shit wrapped in a different pack. . .

As for roping, it's all fine as long there's tourneys like this: http://wormolympics.com/t63#results
Human judges can't be on xspeed, no way.. So U'll always know whos those real mastas on rope.. ;x

« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2011, 07:13 AM »
Is there anything wrong with using a macro? No. If you want to mess around with scripts for fun then go ahead and enjoy yourself, aint nothing wrong with it. I use an auto enter script to drop hundreds of weapons in rubber games, good fun. It is however wrong to use it in a competitive game as it allows you to do things that you wouldnt otherwise be able to without the script. Even with this in mind, people who use scripts usually have poor roping skills. They are just as likely to lose to a better roper with the script as they are without the script.

I see whining about people using 2 spaces here... get a grip. Aint nothing wrong with using two spaces, anyone can do it. It isnt going to make you any better whatsoever. It takes just as much skill and timing to rope quickly with 2 spaces as it does with one. To all you people whining about using two spaces, go set up two spaces, you wont rope any better than you do now, in fact you will be worse. The fact that people take the time to modify their kb in order to try and gain an edge is a good thing, anyone can do it. If you're too lazy to modify your kb then fine, but dont complain about other people doing it seeing as if you wanted to you could also do it yourself.

There is a HUGE misconception that people have in relation to roping. People seem to think that the faster you can push space, the faster you can rope. Any roper knows that the key to fast roping, is TIMING! We all know that, so it baffles me when I see experienced players continue to whine about the "unfair advantage" that using two spaces gives a player. I also saw it mentioned somewhere before that you cannot physically shoot the rope faster with two spaces than you can with one. Once your arrow control and tap timing is on point, then you can work at doing everything faster. We've all seen crap ropers who go to the roof and do fast tapping... it just looks dumb. Without arrow control and timing the ability to press space fast is completely redundant.

Thirdly Ive seen silly comments in here about people gaining an "unfair" advantage because they have better equipment than other people. This is an utterly ridiculous argument. Firstly, spending money on a "good" keyboard isnt going to make you a better roper. As long as your keyboard doesnt have keylock then you're good to go. I used a crappy old compaq for the first few years of playing worms, then I bought a tarantula. I could rope just as fast as I could with the compaq. The keyboard is obviously nicer, but did it make me a better player? Nope. Timing comes from within.

We all love this game, we all put hours into this game. If I join a tennis club after some time im gonna buy a better racket. If I join a golf club im gonna get a nice set of clubs sooner or later. If I join a running club then eventually im gonna pay for a quality pair of trainers. If I spend many hours playing games on the computer, it makes sense to buy a better keyboard.

Would an average sprinter be able to beat an olympic sprinter in a race with the best pair of trainers money can buy? No. The olympic athlete would win even in his bare feet. The point im making is that skill comes with persistence and time. There is no quick fix thats gonna make you a super fast roper over night, we all know that. So quit whining about people buying a better keyboard or using two spaces... just concentrate on YOUR game and work to be the best player YOU can. Dont worry about what other people are doing.

With regards to the OP, scripts should definitely be banned from "serious" games.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:35 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Prankster

« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2011, 07:22 AM »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Good post Nail, timing is the most important thing in roping of course, especially with 2 spaces. But this script allows you to fudge this problem (this timing), because spaces work whenever you press them. That's what I wanted to add.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Nice post Nail, but I disagree with some parts of your "better equipment" bit, without a doubt, keyboards with no keylock are easier to rope with than keyboards with keylock, and most keyboards without keylock do cost more, not that it matters because like I said, I bought a £5 keyboard, which Spacebar sucks, but using keychanger Left Control makes it perfect, I totally agree modifying your own keyboard, in any way that doesn't rid the need of skill should be legit, and it pretty much is anyway, more generally speaking though, the best quality things in life are more expensive, that's just the way it is, but like you said, money isn't worth any amount when/where raw natural talent and skill is needed.

I think "fast taps" are more useful in TTRR than in Roper, especially if it's a tight RR map, if you know what I mean?

In Roper, for me it's all about quickly observing where my crate lands, and deciding which moves to use to collect it and get back as fast as possible with as little risk as possible, when I have an easy crate, I will literally slow right down and act as if I have all day, like if it's a crate possible to collect and attack in 5-6 seconds, i'll still take as close to 15 seconds as possible to do the job, if I have a hard crate, I try to use as little connections of the rope as possible, instead of doing a spike, or a shadow, i'll try and fly down without even doing a spike/shadow, by doing this it gives you the right momentum to pick the crate up and throw yourself back up, saving very valuable seconds.

I see so many Ropers see a hard crate, and do like 20 taps along the roof thinking it made them faster, but it doesn't lol, I think it's perfection seeing someone rope so slow, yet get from A to B and back and attack so fast and efficiently...

« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 08:13 AM »
+1 for that Prank because it made me laugh (and laughter makes the world go round), not because I particularly agree or disagree with NAiL's post.