Forums
May 03, 2024, 10:13 AM

Author Topic: Intermediate scheme thread  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
Re: Cup #64: Intermediate
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 12:41 PM »
so talk to Koras and tell him not start this talks... cuz he cant hear me...
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline nappy

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Quote from: Joschi
lol Error, Koras ownes you in both schemes, TNL and NNN scheme. Doesn't matter which of this two schemes you pick. That's what he tried to pointed out, by calling your opinion 'not valuable'.
Quote from: Joschi
You wonder why we ask for playing NNN scheme? Humm... let's think.. Maybe because it's the scheme of our league and we play it all the time?! And we are the biggest part of Intermediate players at all?!

Joschi, stop showing everybody your butthurts :) You smite and insult people with different opinions and start lame troll war instead of answering questions each time you come here. That makes damn good image for NNN clan and personally you, hehe.

Someone wants to bet on TNL supporters for win?
:D

Offline Joschi

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Really nice of you, NN. You help other people, who aren't able to change arguments at a low level. Sadly you missed the points. Maybe on a second try?

Offline nappy

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 01:37 PM »
You help other people, who aren't able to change arguments at a low level.
Wut?

Sadly you missed the points. Maybe on a second try?
Wut?

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 01:40 PM »
"low level". insulting ne1?
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Ivo

Re: Intermediate scheme thread
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 08:20 PM »
I still not to understand why you think that 1hp SD reduction is a lucky based thing. If both players know that it will happen and (an experienced player) can estimate when it will happen, their game should be planned for that fact. I think that the 1hp SD reduction, most of the times, should and can be very clever planned and needs very good know-how of the game in tactics and strategy issues.

So, an issue (1hp SD reduction) that adds more emotion and tactics to the game, is much, but very much more than a "lucky" aspect.

I think that the better analogy is a ladder that at the end there is a playoff (based in the places of the ladder). If the PO don't exists, it can be all decided very soon and than everything is bored until the end. With the PO, there will be interest until the end, but who has the better ladder places, start the PO with the advantage. Like in 1hp SD reduction.

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 08:29 PM »
i dont think that sd red is luck based thing. even more i have nothing against nnnl scheme at all...

i just cant understend why Koras (not me, Jhoschi, TenoriTaiga or else) have started this disscision...

Offline nappy

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Imagine two boxers competing in the long bout. The one is leading the fight, winning each round by points, but still fails to finish with KO. What is the logical end for the fight then? Yeah, the winner is that one who has more points, earning them during the whole match. And now just imagine that after the end of 11th round announcer says, "SD, bitches!" and discards their points. So then few lucky punches in round 12 may decide the whole match! Lame? Sure, it is.

Quote from: Ivo
I still not to understand why you think that 1hp SD reduction is a lucky based thing.
This:
you may calculate the time when round timer turns 0, but still SD may come that turn or the turn after that.

Offline nappy

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 08:35 PM »
even more i have nothing against nnnl scheme at all...
Yeah same, but this discussion is just funny :)

Offline Ivo

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Imagine two boxers competing in the long bout. The one is leading the fight, winning each round by points, but still fails to finish with KO. What is the logical end for the fight then? Yeah, the winner is that one who has more points, earning them during the whole match. And now just imagine that after the end of 11th round announcer says, "SD, bitches!" and discards their points. So then few lucky punches in round 12 may decide the whole match! Lame? Sure, it is.

Well, both boxers already knew from previous that almost all points will be discarded. Almost, because the boxer with more points still (in the majority cases) has the advantage at the beginning of 12th round. And there are no lucky punches! :P Still, both boxers must adjust their style of fighting depending of their points (after the SD) at the beginning of 12th round.

Btw, what the interest of a 12th round if it's impossible the player with less points, make a KO? People would stop watching the fight when they realize the impossibility of the turn around KO, right?

Offline Koras

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 11:32 AM »
blebleble...
run it pls :-\ :-\

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 06:09 PM »

Quote from: Ivo
I still not to understand why you think that 1hp SD reduction is a lucky based thing.
This:
you may calculate the time when round timer turns 0, but still SD may come that turn or the turn after that.

Even without health reduction this is still as you say a "luck element". If your one of the few players who manage to sucessfully count the round time down to 0 and are expecting the water to rise and plop a worm on the floor, yet SD comes a turn later and the worm survives, that is also unlucky right?

Players are not always rewarded for succesfully scoring points for the duration of a game, the game isnt over untill its over and both players are aware of this. Both players are also aware, that if there has been no "KO" after a certain period of time, then it will come down to SD. You could compare this to penalties at the end of a football match. Even if one side seemed to dominate the game for the whole 90 minutes, yet had not managed to "win", then it would all come down to a few shots at the end of the game.

The thing is, when players are aware of the fact that there will be health reduction at SD they may prepare for it. Reduction at SD can really shake up the gameplay and forces players come up with appropriate strategies in order to secure success. In my opinion it makes the scheme even more exciting, intresting and skilfull.

On the otherhand I can understand why people would prefer not having reduction, but it comes down to nothing more than personal preference. The only reason you seem to think it so "lucky", is that "you can count down the round time to 0, yet sd can come on the turn after that". If this was such a big problem then the top inter players wouldnt have winning streaks in the numbers they do, seeing as your more than likely to come across a situation like this say every 10 games...
worm and learn

Offline eViL

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 08:56 PM »
1 HP SD is cool and fair on tied matches. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.

Example:

Team A: 2 worms left with 50 and 90 HP
Team B: 2 worms left with 10 and 15 HP

1 HP SD comes and the first turn after that is for Team B... oh my...

Of course Team A may be aware of SD coming, but it's lame if you have such advantange over your opponent and then having to run away like a girl deep into the ground xD

And for the football example, there's extra time before penalty kicks (for important games) and that could be compared in worms to the "poison" SD :>

Nevertheless, this is the opinion of a non-conventional player. ::) I also think that the Intermediate scheme should be played with 6 worms manually placed, not with 8 worms randomly placed. So if you're an elitist, feel free to disregard this post. xD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:02 PM by eViL »

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2010, 09:53 PM »
lel no more changes....
btw summary coming soon XD

Offline nappy

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Too lazy to read it, Nail, sorry :)
Disregard that, read your post. Well, I can remember Mablak losing to me just because of SD, and I can remember myself losing to less skilled players so many times because of this (and winning too, for sure).

Also, Joschi, would you be kind enough to stop smiting me, thanks ^^
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:23 PM by TenoriTaiga »