Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:40 PM

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Cup - Ideas for upgrade  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Lancelot

Wheel of Fortune Cup - Ideas for upgrade
« on: September 20, 2023, 07:06 AM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1214/

Hello everyone!

The Wheel of Fortune Cup started not long ago, and I understand that the idea as a whole is interesting for many players.

But what about your opinion on upgrading this idea?

What would you change? Which schemes would you exclude from the draw? What schemes would you add to the draw?

Perhaps you would change the number of wins in the group stage or in the playoffs.
Perhaps you could come up with and add some idea to the drawing process.

I am ready to listen to your ideas and wishes  :)

Please, let us avoid sharply negative emotions, insults, and also respect the opinion of every player who writes here.

I would also ask you to consider the consequences before you share your thoughts. This is more about giving a fair decision when counting the results of games in certain controversial situations. Thank you for your attention.

Offline Big Billy

Re: Wheel of Fortune Cup - Ideas for upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 09:53 AM »
Maybe it would be nice to use the same idea but for less schemes in the selection.

Like making a Wheel of fortune - Rope edition, or artillery edition.
For example only using rope schemes for a Wheel of Fortune cup and so on.

Maybe thtat would be interessting.

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 12:17 PM »
bo3 for every game is good. but for KO and finals, there should be more than just 1 scheme being draw to play in a bo3. there should be at least 3-5 schemes to play as bo3 imo

also, for more future possible wheel of fortune cups you could consider the idea of Sibasa + Foxhound league ideas from the past, there many possible scheme ideas has been posted, we could use them all here

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/wosc-esl-experimental-schemes-league/esl-formation-of-the-list-of-schemes-submit-your-options-34450/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/wosc-esl-experimental-schemes-league/esl-formation-of-the-list-of-schemes-for-the-second-season-34864/

SMACK-RULES's Wormopoly scheme - among many other great schemes - would be a nice idea to include in the future

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 01:12 PM »
bo3 for every game is good. but for KO and finals, there should be more than just 1 scheme being draw to play in a bo3. there should be at least 3-5 schemes to play as bo3 imo

also, for more future possible wheel of fortune cups you could consider the idea of Sibasa + Foxhound league ideas from the past, there many possible scheme ideas has been posted, we could use them all here

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/wosc-esl-experimental-schemes-league/esl-formation-of-the-list-of-schemes-submit-your-options-34450/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/wosc-esl-experimental-schemes-league/esl-formation-of-the-list-of-schemes-for-the-second-season-34864/

SMACK-RULES's Wormopoly scheme - among many other great schemes - would be a nice idea to include in the future

Thanks, I'll look into the links later

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 04:42 PM »
chute race

enable remember weapons
enable racing stuff
disable wind bias
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 04:53 PM by h3oCharles »

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 04:44 PM »
there are many schemes in #1 cup, if some of them might not be drawed into games, you could carry those to the next cup? for example noone would get rowy, kill to steal.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 07:13 PM »
chute race

enable remember weapons
enable racing stuff
disable wind bias

Interesting, when players play this scheme in free league, do they turn on Racing Stuff (/rs) or not?

Hmm, it’s a pity that I didn’t pay a little more attention to the description of this scheme. As it turned out, the author of the scheme, which is played in the TUS free league, apart from explaining the main meaning of the scheme, did not mention the number of worms, how many victories and other details.

I think this is an oversight not only on my part, but also on the part of the creator of this scheme, as well as the person who marked this scheme as a league scheme (TUS admin or mod).

In the next cup I will have to create a copy of this scheme and make a decent description of this scheme.

As for the wind changing every turn, I don't think it's worth changing.
Maps for this scheme were made for different wind directions, and that’s ok, I don’t see a problem with this.

Got it, noticed. Thx  :)

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 07:20 PM »
there are many schemes in #1 cup, if some of them might not be drawed into games, you could carry those to the next cup? for example noone would get rowy, kill to steal.

As I already said (here or in the cup comments), that in the current cup I do not have the right to change the rules of the cup, because the cup has already started.

I also mentioned that in future similar cups I may add or remove certain schemes.

I look forward to your feedback on this and more.

Once the cup is over, I'd like to hear from you a more detailed list of undesirable schemes with your arguments for each of them.

Thanks for attention.

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 07:26 PM »

As I already said (here or in the cup comments), that in the current cup I do not have the right to change the rules of the cup, because the cup has already started.

I also mentioned that in future similar cups I may add or remove certain schemes.

Once the cup is over, I'd like to hear from you a more detailed list of undesirable schemes with your arguments for each of them.

Thanks for attention.

you misunderstood my comment, I didn't say to remove or add certain schemes xd I said that for future cups (if you plan to host more versions of this) if there is a scheme that we didn't get to play in #1 cup, they could be transferred to #2 cup, so they can be drawn there?

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 07:46 PM »

Thanks for attention.

you misunderstood my comment, I didn't say to remove or add certain schemes xd I said that for future cups (if you plan to host more versions of this) if there is a scheme that we didn't get to play in #1 cup, they could be transferred to #2 cup, so they can be drawn there?

Sure :D

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 03:02 PM »
Obviously with so many schemes it is just asking for an ability to download them all at once. ZIP archive at Mega.nz would do.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:08 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 06:03 PM »
Maybe it would be nice to use the same idea but for less schemes in the selection.

Like making a Wheel of fortune - Rope edition, or artillery edition.
For example only using rope schemes for a Wheel of Fortune cup and so on.

Maybe thtat would be interessting.
Honestly I think the best part of wheel of fortune cup is that players end up playing random schemes they would never play - i would never choose to play parachute race, zalo would never play wxw, ect.  Makes for some fun and interesting matchups.  It would be less fun if its just a rope cup with only rope people playing for me, or default cup with only default people playing.  Biggest problem with this cup is I can't figure out what the f@#! scheme it is when people report for watching the games, but that has to do with TUS interface, not the cup itself.

I would request drown syndrome by o (croatian) for next cup - its a great scheme

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 06:16 PM »
I would request drown syndrome by o (croatian) for next cup - its a great scheme

Or Flood Race! (look at the replay)

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4176/

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 07:23 PM »
Biggest problem with this cup is I can't figure out what the f@#! scheme it is when people report for watching the games, but that has to do with TUS interface, not the cup itself.

Dude, sorry, but i do not understand this part xD

Could you say it a little more simply? or using words that are similar in meaning. thx :D

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2023, 07:28 PM »
At this point, I have compiled a preliminary scheme list that I would like to add to the existing list of schemes. Actually, here it is:

Fuel Trial Jetpack Race
Rowy Madness
Lottery LP
Duo Race
Blast Zone
Teleport Shopper
Aerial Classic
Pro
Alt-F4
Wormopoly
Supermarket Shopper
Mine Surfing Game
Drown Syndrome
Asteroid Dodge Race
Retro
Only Crates

I was also offered an idea, which is to remove the scheme from the wheel of fortune after drawing lots. And this idea can have two ways of development - removing the scheme from the wheel after the draw throughout the entire cup or at a certain stage of the cup (groups, playoffs).

But this randomness is very controversial.