Forums
May 04, 2024, 08:25 AM

Author Topic: Dark Souls II interest check  (Read 8113 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Dark Souls II interest check
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2014, 06:14 PM »
wow.. that game looks sick tbh..

i would love to play that, but you said you have to have a vnice computer to run it, without lags and choppy screen... i have a "decent" computer, at best.. its deff. not a gaming PC, so i doubt i would be able to run it..

and there is nothing that pisses me off more, then trying to enjoy a game, and its running slow, laggy, or choppy....

too bad, because it truly looks awesome!!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13 AM »
wow.. that game looks sick tbh..

i would love to play that, but you said you have to have a vnice computer to run it, without lags and choppy screen... i have a "decent" computer, at best.. its deff. not a gaming PC, so i doubt i would be able to run it..

and there is nothing that pisses me off more, then trying to enjoy a game, and its running slow, laggy, or choppy....

too bad, because it truly looks awesome!!

none of your friends can give you his old xbox / ps3 for peanuts?

I've taken a week off work to play the f@#!ing game because at this point not even sex is a better alternative.

If anyone has a PS3 (it's free to play online) and is reading, pick it up. Do it while you're ahead and don't wait the couple of months it's going ot take for the game be unanimously the best game of the generation.

It's like  WoW, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Castelvania and Vagrant Story* had a children and its godfather is the most fan respecting** game deveoloper ever.

f@#! you modern Blizzard and Square, f@#! you EA... wait, no f@#!s are given about Electronic Arts.... f@#! you Bethesda and 2Ksports and f@#! you Rockstar Games for covering all your flaws and lack of costumer respect with f@#!ing hollywood cinematics and motion capture. I hope FromSoftware has set example, and I hope the media is smart enough to make everyone aware so there's no excuse not to follow.

*when is the f@#!ing sequel coming out?

**You know it's something when you jump to NG+ and you're greeted with enemies you've never seen before (and each enemy is like a world of its own in this game). Or how whole areas or important merchants or NPCs are located where other games hide their  f@#!ing secret coins of secrecy that serve no purpose other than to unlock an irrelevant achievement. You'll complete the game and miss a ton of f@#!ing content, and From doesn't care that some players will never got to see big chunk of the places, NPCs or even realize much if any of the story at all, it doesn't give a f@#! if you accidently swing your sword towards the only NPC in the game that allows you to level up. That's the kind of respect it has to its playerbase. If you care, you will have to realize shit for your own, or care enough to check online.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:32 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 04:54 PM »
a
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:56 PM by KinslayeR »

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Sounds like a damn good game.

I've just got a new gaming pc so I'll get it on PC when it's out in a month or so.

Looks very nice.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 07:26 PM »
yeah, look very nice, reminds me a bit about Gothic series. Hope i will play it 1 day when i buy better PC :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 10:05 AM »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 01:29 AM »
Is it good?

Offline avirex

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 01:49 AM »
lmfao!! nice troll cue :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Is it good?

Can the Heat get him?

it is.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 02:21 PM »
I'm watching a walkthrough, graphics is really ugly, but the game is good, especially multiplayer features :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Anubis

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2014, 10:43 AM »
So, now after a few weeks, what is your impression on consoles? The PC version isn't out yet so knowing how long DS 2 lasts would be cool. :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2014, 11:37 AM »
So, now after a few weeks, what is your impression on consoles? The PC version isn't out yet so knowing how long DS 2 lasts would be cool. :)

it lasts forever

I finished my first build at the 150hours mark. There's nothing stopping you from going on leveling your character to infinity (NG+ goes on till +99, and NG+ is a completely different experience to NG (new enemies, items and such). I stopped at 150 because apparently that's what everyone agrees on. There's plenty of covenants (think guilds) focused on multiplayer, (PVP and PVE), for 1v1 dueling, for helping others in PVE content, for being a total asshole. They're all pretty different.

That with the amount of different spells, items, weapons (more than 200 different types) and build possibilities... the depth... the learning curve (specially if you haven't played soul series)

I will buy it again on PC if only for better graphics. Namco and From do ban cheaters actively on PS3, hopefuly, they will adopt similar policy on Steam.

it's a game you really should be playing anubis :S 

you could even get as good as this guy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:45 AM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I don't need to buy it because my friend will buy it and I can just play it there.  ;D

I was just curious to know what you think about after you have played it for a couple of weeks. Is there actual real Co-Op play? Like if I also choose to buy it can I, say, level with my friend from the beginning? In DS 1 that didn't really work. I got bored of D3 RoS now, waiting for ladder to start in approx. 1 month or so. Got 2 full sets for my wizard and started playing the crusader (as a hammerdin of course ;)) but figured I will wait for the ladder. The next game I kind of wanna get "pro" at is Trials Fusion, I love it, the thing is that it requires shitty uPlay client. God damn I hate it so much, not sure if I wanna swallow it. But I can see myself owning in that game a lot it has this gameplay that requires twitch skills (like roping) and real in-game knowledge. I really favor games that are not simple math games but require real physical skill as well. At least the ones I choose to become pro at. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:22 PM by Anubis »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2014, 07:57 PM »
I don't need to buy it because my friend will buy it and I can just play it there.  ;D

I was just curious to know what you think about after you have played it for a couple of weeks. Is there actual real Co-Op play? Like if I also choose to buy it can I, say, level with my friend from the beginning? In DS 1 that didn't really work. I got bored of D3 RoS now, waiting for ladder to start in approx. 1 month or so. Got 2 full sets for my wizard and started playing the crusader (as a hammerdin of course ;)) but figured I will wait for the ladder. The next game I kind of wanna get "pro" at is Trials Fusion, I love it, the thing is that it requires shitty uPlay client. God damn I hate it so much, not sure if I wanna swallow it. But I can see myself owning in that game a lot it has this gameplay that requires twitch skills (like roping) and real in-game knowledge. I really favor games that are not simple math games but require real physical skill as well. At least the ones I choose to become pro at. :)

there's a ring that you can buy allows you to select a god from a list of plenty, you both select the same god and you can level up together. As long as you always play togheter there's no problem, but you have to always use the character together - if one goes off alone farming or whatever he will gain souls and that will change his soul memory, which is NG is very influential factor on who you can summon.

Because bonfires are now in very convenient places (after a boss, etc), and you can warp from one another from the start of the game, it makes it very easy to play co-op with a friend. Be aware though, if you get invaded and you kill the invader, the host will always get more souls than the phantom, this can make a difference in your Soul memory if it happens a lot... either way, soul memory is a stat you can check in the game so if you notice it's going higher or lower than your friends you can always just help whatever random guy with the last boss you killed and get it closer.

In NG+ and beyond it goes off level only, so using the ring always works.

Soul Memory is a way to stop twinks and such. It's basically a stat that counts your souls from the start, those you use to level up, those you use to buy things, even those you lose. Basically, all the souls you ever pick up, regardless of what happens to them afterwards.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2014, 04:06 PM »
testing the pc stream right now, owning some pubs in pvp

if anyone wants to check out http://www.twitch.tv/ropasouls
Eat a bag full of dicks.